FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Two Towers (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Two Towers
Mandachuva
Member # 3803

- posted      Profile for Mandachuva   Email Mandachuva         Edit/Delete Post 
Has any heard about this movie they're making called the Two Towers-isn't that awful? It's way too soon after 9/11 to be making a movie called that-so insensitive! Whoever's making it ought to be ashamed! YECH! To take a tragedy like the one we've suffered and make a movie about it barely a year after it happened-that shouldn't be done!
Posts: 8 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Human
Member # 2985

- posted      Profile for Human   Email Human         Edit/Delete Post 
ROFLMAO
Posts: 3658 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toretha
Member # 2233

- posted      Profile for Toretha   Email Toretha         Edit/Delete Post 
I hate to mention this, after such a....vehement post, but.....The Two Towers is the name of a book by Tolkien, not a movie about 9/11

[This message has been edited by Toretha (edited July 12, 2002).]

Posts: 3493 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mandachuva
Member # 3803

- posted      Profile for Mandachuva   Email Mandachuva         Edit/Delete Post 
even if it is the name of a book-what posessed the author to give it such a HORRIBLE name! GEEZ! And why can't they just CHANGE the name of the movie? That name is really offensive, and has such negative connotations-it's just stupid to be making a movie like that, and mocks the sacrifices of all who suffered in 9/11
Posts: 8 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
Wait 'till you see the caves scene. I hear it's an embarassing parody of the hunt for Bin Laden.
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarfa
Member # 579

- posted      Profile for sarfa   Email sarfa         Edit/Delete Post 
And Orcs are just thinly veiled references to muslims
Posts: 748 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
scott made me snort!
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maethoriell
Member # 3805

- posted      Profile for Maethoriell   Email Maethoriell         Edit/Delete Post 
uh....im new..thanks Toretha..uh...abot the TTT, uh..u really don't think ppl would actualy dot hat about teh 9/11 thing, if they had to change movie scenes b4 it? i mean there was collaterall damage i think, mib2, and i think 3 others..yes, it was made b4 the 9/11 attack was and they could've changed the title, but it's the titleof a book so techincaly they can't, AND if they were to take it out of theaters, u wouldn't understand the final of the three. return of the king, (ROTK)..don't b embarrassed if u r..many other could've made da same mistake, u know..but it is rather funny no offense..lol..or bettr. roflmao,2...ok.ok..if u'd like any info about TTT i got some for ya..i'm a big fanatic like da rest hea..so um..next time u want to make a lsight criticism, i tihnk it wise to make sure u look up in da origin and stuff like dat..could get u humiliated if u dont..worse if it's on cyberspace..hehe.. laterz..say hi to agath lucifretta bob 4 me plz toretha? lolz.don't ask about bob
Posts: 4628 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maethoriell
Member # 3805

- posted      Profile for Maethoriell   Email Maethoriell         Edit/Delete Post 
HAHAHAHAHAAH..ROFLMAO..nice ones scott and scarfa..lol..look..we're practically lucky saul zaentz even got the signatures to ake movies and stuff..John Ronald Reuel Tolkien is dead..he's been dead for along time..lik around 1-2 dacades ago. so it would like b disloyal to the fans and to him to rechange it withouthis permission. actually it wasn't supposed to be a trilogy as most should know..or just know..but i mean wut would name it?..it's already givena name?u'd rather like take over somone's possession give it an alias and turn it into something else..they mght've put changes and taken things out like ddear old bombadil, but it wouldn't be da same..i mean most already know it as ttt..who really cares..yeah 9/11 shouldn't be mocked but, u shouldn't take it soo seriously..it was already named like how long ago, u just can't change da name of sucha widely known book of a title that seem to mock something..i'm guessing u 'v just got ter accept it for wut it is..sorry
Posts: 4628 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sage2050
Member # 3806

- posted      Profile for Sage2050           Edit/Delete Post 
ignorance is the bane of my existance....

the book was written like 70 years ago... and since that is the case, how could something written 70 years ago be insensitive, or disrepectful to something that happened 10 months ago? btw, you really should read the book. Tolkein is a genius.

Posts: 4 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raventh1
Member # 3750

- posted      Profile for raventh1           Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, I knew I would hear this sooner or later.

I dont care what you think!!
HAHAHAHA

Its okay to feel bad about things for a while, thats normal; But TO DRONE ON, and ... let it fester is another, GMAFB (give me a ....ing Break) Yes, it was a big thing, it didnt affect me as much as a person in NYC, but you get hurt when your 7; you cant sit and cry when your 8. (unless you lost your legs, but you still shouldnt cry about it, that just causes more problems. -- see where im going with this? --- I totally agree with mourning; I KNOW how it works. (I lost my father about 5 years ago, and im really young to loose a father.) So Im not just whipslashing.

All in all, I just had to say that once... (dont take it too personally (and it was in a joke sense.. right?) because I dont mean to piss you off, I just want to express how I feel about it. -- I just feel Harshly.)

raVen.

Posts: 1132 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sage2050
Member # 3806

*agrees with raventh*
Posts: 4 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

Oh, wait. . .

You cannot possibly be serious, Maethorikcanvinarilldalehill. You use too many abbreviations to be serious.

hahahaa. Grmmm.

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ladyday
Member # 1069

- posted      Profile for ladyday   Email ladyday         Edit/Delete Post 
Come on, Mandachuva. You're kidding, right?

Well...good one, anyway.

Posts: 1676 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maethoriell
Member # 3805

lalalalalalalala...dont'wanna laff...i agree with raventh as well..i meanyeah beng patriotic s gewd, and mourning..but to let it take control of u rlife negatively..just..no.i'm effected..i didn'tknow i had family in the abu-sayaf territory, another terrorist group connected to taliban with US hostages....just gettin u caught up in da news there..lolz..well..like..i'll jst wait for ur reply..and hopefully u at least agree to a certain extent.
*AVALON*

Maethoriell
Member # 3805

WUT SCOTT? i got daname from another post site...it sux tho.they obsess ova orli too much..no guy's opinion's either
ladyday
Member # 1069

- posted      Profile for ladyday   Email ladyday         Edit/Delete Post 
Maethoriell, not to be mean, but I'm having trouble reading your posts. I'm no grammar Nazi, but when it's to the point of not being able to understand you...
Posts: 1676 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maethoriell
Member # 3805

don't worry..as long as u know the basis, ur ok.it's just extra stuff i put sincei ype wut my mind thinks forgetting that i'm typing stuff that may seem absurd...anyway i'im only in junior high. we're not supposed to make sense
Sal
Member # 3758

- posted      Profile for Sal           Edit/Delete Post 
Ditto, ladyday.

I hadn't realized how bad my dyslexia had become before now.

Posts: 1045 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

Baloney.

Don't EVER use your age for an excuse in this forum.

Sage2050
Member # 3806

i agree.
Maethoriell
Member # 3805

o u betrayer!!..lolz....yawl disagree and agree too much..dxlexia..welidk ho to spell it.but i type fast and i jumble thoughts that come out of no where and don't make sense then forget to check it for mistakes..ok, i'll admit that i might have problems with grammar and public understanding but at least i know that somehow i've got a point..somehow..
Sage2050
Member # 3806

...what?
Maethoriell
Member # 3805

lalalalalalalalala..i think that enuff confusion for da world so i'll shutupfo da rest of da nite....at least i know i'm needed for bewildering diversity amongst crowds...*sarcasm/uncertainty*
BYuCnslr
Member # 1857

- posted      Profile for BYuCnslr   Email BYuCnslr         Edit/Delete Post 
::reads post::

::tries not to laugh too hard and break his violin::

::tips chair back missing violin by inchs::

Satyagraha

Posts: 1986 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leto II
Member # 2659

- posted      Profile for Leto II   Email Leto II         Edit/Delete Post 
I think someone needs to find the "Hey, newbies" thread. It won't work in my searches. I think it's time some of the new kids read up on some frequent issues...
Posts: 6907 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeni
Member # 1454

- posted      Profile for Jeni   Email Jeni         Edit/Delete Post 
A/S/L evry1?!?!!1
Posts: 4292 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raventh1
Member # 3750

- posted      Profile for raventh1           Edit/Delete Post 
Alive/Human/Utah, Yep I didnt have to travel more than 50 miles to goto endercon...
Posts: 1132 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr. Mobius
Member # 3614

- posted      Profile for Dr. Mobius   Email Dr. Mobius         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
GMAFB (give me a ....ing Break)

Hey! Watch your f'in mouth! (like I'm the one who should be complaining)

quote:
I think someone needs to find the "Hey, newbies" thread. It won't work in my searches. I think it's time some of the new kids read up on some frequent issues...

Ah...so that's where that thing came from.

quote:
A/S/L evry1?!?!!1

don't bother/yes please/here

Posts: 338 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronin
Member # 1749

- posted      Profile for Ronin           Edit/Delete Post 
holy crap Maethoriell I cant read a thing you be saying, switch to ebonics or english or somthing
Posts: 1896 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Village Idiot
Member # 3812

- posted      Profile for Village Idiot   Email Village Idiot         Edit/Delete Post 
Mandachuva--are you being serious? You really haven't heard of the Two Towers? Have you perhaps been living under a rock your entire life?

Besides, it could be worse! Could be called The Twin Towers. What would we do then?

Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, because Minas Tirith and Minas Morgul were once both part of Gondor, and they were sister towers at the time, though I always assumed that the Two Towers refered to Orthanc and Barad Dur.

But, don't worry. I assume he's joking.

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
m. bowles
Member # 3743

- posted      Profile for m. bowles   Email m. bowles         Edit/Delete Post 
I hope the majority of this thread is some kind of sick joke. No doubt Tolkien is rolling over in his grave!
Posts: 128 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toretha
Member # 2233

Yes, it is a sick joke....I was just wondering what would happen if I did that
Posts: 3493 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maethoriell
Member # 3805

uh....*lost*....how many names were given to the towers anyway? In other places(sites) they have many names for just two towers and now I'm confused. I remember that one toewr changed its name because it turned evil, I think. (My parents haven't taken the privilege to help me re-read and understand the Trilogy and the other books, so mind me.) I only read them once, and my mom stole my library card/ it's never not on hold. Yet I've memorized most of the Elvish and Dwarvish runes, to keep me caught up, though it seems to be annoying friends. LOTR pride! I would say but they think me of an obsessor over something so unreal, when they're obsessed with other weirder things.

[This message has been edited by Maethoriell (edited July 14, 2002).]

Foust
Member # 3043

- posted      Profile for Foust   Email Foust         Edit/Delete Post 
This topic/joke is such old news.
Posts: 1515 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
::Bumped:: because I loved this thread.
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vampyr18
Member # 3694

- posted      Profile for Vampyr18   Email Vampyr18         Edit/Delete Post 
is he/she serious? Come on...
Posts: 279 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
When I clicked on this thread, I didn't realize how old it was. When I saw Mae's first post I though "oh crap, somebody figured out Mae's password", because the style of the post was so different from what is now typical of her. I think Hatrack has had a good effect on you Mae!
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. I never did see this thread. Kudos on the bump.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toretha
Member # 2233

NO, I was not serious. It was a joke
Frisco
Member # 3765

I bumped it as much for the TTT joke as I did to show the group of newbies why not to post as if they were in a chat room.
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JaneX
Member # 2026

- posted      Profile for JaneX           Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. I think Hatrack's had a good effect on Mae...I looked at her first few posts on this thread and thought "...whaaat?"

~Jane~

Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maethoriell
Member # 3805

LOL

That is SO CRUEL!!! ::glares at Frisco::

T_Smith
Member # 3734

Hatrack: It does a chatter good.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

Only four more days until this insensitive movie is out on DVD!

I'm going to get it at Fred Meyer because they give anyone who buys it between 12:01 and 6am on Tuesday a free One Ring necklace.

Alucard...
Member # 4924

- posted      Profile for Alucard...   Email Alucard...         Edit/Delete Post 
I just wanted to thank the producers of the DVD Chicago.

You see, it is the same price as LOTR TTT where I work, and I rang one up, but I am taking the other home tonight, 4 days before release.

Life is delicious. I knew retail would always have its perks!

Posts: 1870 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

--|--
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
I may have to check a few stores tomorrow. Last time I got FOTR a few days before it came out. [Hail]
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
Is there STILL no trailer for Return of the King? FotR's first teaser was in late June, and TTT's was over a year ago. PJ's driving us all nuts!
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.