FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Halloween Costumes (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Halloween Costumes
unicornwhisperer
Member # 294

- posted      Profile for unicornwhisperer   Email unicornwhisperer         Edit/Delete Post 
What/Who are you going to be for Halloween?

I am going to be Arwen. I have already gone to two Halloween parties and had a blast looking like an Elf! I even had the elf ears on!

Posts: 1417 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marce al'Meara
Member # 1027

- posted      Profile for Marce al'Meara   Email Marce al'Meara         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm... brown cloak, long metallic blue blow-dart gun, white shirt and pants...cat ears...

One Jedi cat-girl.

Posts: 1248 | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Ooo...thank you for reminding me.

*note to self - buy Halloween candy today*

I probably won't dress up, since I just sit home and hand out candy. I had over a hundred trick-or-treaters last year.

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to be God.
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
flyby
Member # 3630

- posted      Profile for flyby   Email flyby         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm was going to be Princess Leah and my mom was going to make my costume, but my mom was too busy making my homecoming dress, so I don't think she's going to anymore.
Posts: 1261 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
I always go to parties as the "Invisible Man"...
Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Black Fox
Member # 1986

- posted      Profile for Black Fox   Email Black Fox         Edit/Delete Post 
Me and three friends are going to be Scuba ninjas this year. We have ninja outfits and fake scuba tanks. Not to mention plastic MP5s and shurkiens.
Posts: 1753 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm gonna be "No Face" from Spirited Away.
Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amka
Member # 690

- posted      Profile for Amka   Email Amka         Edit/Delete Post 
That is cool, Unicorn, because I'm going as Arwen too. Except I had to get a wig.

What outfit of hers are you wearing? I'm still sewing mine, but I expect it to work for Halloween, a book party on the 6th, and the line party for TTT.

Posts: 3495 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
I am dressing entirely in white. White shirt, white pants, white belt, white shoes, white fishnet shirt, white jacket. I even bought white lipstick, white lipgloss, white eyeliner, and white eyeshadow.

Oh yes. I am the stylish goth.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

I also got white styling glue...I'm going to take 2 of the shorter chunks of hair around my face and spike them to give myself white horns.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
I like the white horns, pH. Very nice....
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
pH, my friend wears contacts that turn white under UV light. He wears them strictly for eyesight, but because of the type they are, they glow.
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
A pair of pink fuzzy dice. Heh. Michael bought the pink feather boa.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
At work, my co-workers and myself in the tech department are dressing as hippies. (ease one, I know, but if it wasn't easy most of them wouldn't participate.)

For a Halloween Party, Douglas is dressing in "Zebra Drag". He bought a cheapie zebra-print dress and jacket at a discount store and he's going to continue the zebra motif in makeup and hair. He has shoes that look like hooves. I'm going as a lion. I'm wearing brown pants and a wooly brown sweater and a big reddish wig (that mostly matches my goatee). Make-up and fake claw nails will complete the costume. Then I'm going to stalk Douglas all through the party. He's going to make a point to keep two or three other guests between me and him while I try to close the gap. He's also talked about making necklaces out of rubber T-bone steaks (doggy chew toys) and trying to get the other guests to wear them to throw me off the scent (so to speak).

Yeah, we get weirder each Holloween.

Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
Karl - That's hillarious! You and Douglas come up with some of the funniest costumes I've ever heard of!
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Unmaker
Member # 1641

- posted      Profile for Unmaker   Email Unmaker         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going as myself. If you've seen my pic on the Hatrack Album, you'll agree that's scary enough.
Posts: 1144 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Darn you Nighthawk, you took my idea.

I'm not going to work, but have people turn my computer on, use my phone, shuffle my papers, and in all ways make it appear as if someone is working in there. THat is how you go as the invisible man.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
To take that one step further, I ask some coworkers to give me some information about what was talked about, who went, what they were wearing, etc... So that when other people ask me why I wasn't there, I can say "but I was, and you were wearing..."
Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
I am a renassance princess, boring compared to the interesting things on this thread but I was gong to make a wicked cool witch costume but ran out of time what with school and rehersals for our upcomming circus show (in Great Barrington MA if anyone is in the area).
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going as someone dressed up in something WARM, that hopefully will look semi cool, and that I can think up a name for so I can answer when people ask what I am.
*Has been pressed for time due to rehearsals for school play*

Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

Oh, and Friday is School Spirit day..so we're supposed ot wear blue and white. One of my freshmen and I are wearing white t-shirts with "Save the Freaks" written across the shoulders in blue.

-pH

Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not wearing anything this year, but if I did, I would probably go as Alex de Large from A Clockwork Orange *gets cod piece ready*

[EDIT: why would I put [/a] to end an italic? ]

Hobbes

[This message has been edited by Hobbes (edited October 28, 2002).]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marce al'Meara
Member # 1027

- posted      Profile for Marce al'Meara   Email Marce al'Meara         Edit/Delete Post 
Olivet, I want to see pictures of your No Face!
Posts: 1248 | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

I was thiking of doing something Clockwork Orange-esque...but maybe I'll save that for the Deadsy show.

Just wanted to add that you had all better take pictures.

-pH

[This message has been edited by pH (edited October 28, 2002).]

fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
My roommate and three of his friends went as the guys from a clockwork orange to Bauhaus, WashU's annual costume party (always on a Saturday near halloween), last year. No codpieces, but they did have the eye things, the bowler hats, the canes, the white shirts and pants, and the suspenders.
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
You have a picture of it?

Hobbes

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

*also wants a picture*

Eye thingies...for Deadsy...*considers*

But the question is, would Elijah know what the hell it was? ...it would impress me....

-pH

Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
*resurrects thread* (since it's almost halloween...again)

Two years ago I wore hippie clown pants.

Last year I was Eowyn. THAT was fun! I even made a cool sword.

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prolixshore
Member # 4496

- posted      Profile for prolixshore           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm gonna be slash from Guns 'n Roses this year. Yeah you heard me....

--ApostleRadio

Posts: 1612 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, for anyone who wants to be a LotR character, here's a great website for making costumes:
http://www.alleycatscratch.com/lotr/

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be Captain Jack Sparrow, and Teres will be one of the wenches. She's working on the costumes now.
Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Danzig
Member # 4704

- posted      Profile for Danzig   Email Danzig         Edit/Delete Post 
I must be at work at 06:00 am tomorrow, and so I must awaken at approximately 05:00 am tomorrow. Much suckage. Or more importantly, Oct 31 2003.

[ October 24, 2003, 09:40 PM: Message edited by: Danzig ]

Posts: 1364 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going as the embodiment of pure evil. I have a Dick Cheney mask and everything.
Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going as Frida Kahlo this year.

I've been growing out my eyebrows for months [Razz]

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maccabeus
Member # 3051

- posted      Profile for Maccabeus   Email Maccabeus         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, since everyone else seems to be dressing as Arwen....

[Razz]

Posts: 1041 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
If I were to dress up, I'd want to be Strong Bad.
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
porcelain girl
Member # 1080

- posted      Profile for porcelain girl   Email porcelain girl         Edit/Delete Post 
i tend to be a faerie almost every year, but i broke the tradition last year so two girlfriends and i could go as a trio of hoochie coochie moulin rouge girls.

because of the move i had to give up most of my materials, so this year i am turning japanese.

Posts: 3936 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
esl
Member # 3143

- posted      Profile for esl   Email esl         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd want to be Jack Sparrow were I to go trick or treating. I'm against buying costumes though, and I have neither the time nor the resources to make a costume so I most likely won't dress up.

My mom seems to want me to dress up so she can walk around with me though.. so we might possibly scrounge something up for her motherly pleasure.

Posts: 1056 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
This year, I am going to be the Hol(e)y Ghost.

Notice a theme? Well, next year, I'm strapping a manger to my back and going as the Baby Jesus. I think.

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

The Hol(e)y Ghost?

That's, what, that kid's costume in the Peanuts Halloween movie?

Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
suntranafs
Member # 3318

- posted      Profile for suntranafs   Email suntranafs         Edit/Delete Post 
What??? Nobody wants to be Golem? I'd be em, but I have to be ugliness incarnate again [Wink]
Posts: 1103 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
:Locke
Member # 2255

- posted      Profile for :Locke   Email :Locke         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to be a hobbit, mostly because it's easier than being a Nazgul.
Posts: 1744 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
Easier than being a Nazgul??? All you have to do is get a huge black cape! (and elliminate your face but if the hood is big enough it won't matter)
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Human
Member # 2985

- posted      Profile for Human   Email Human         Edit/Delete Post 
Well...if I had the time, money, and energy, I'd be Kakashi from Naruto. But...I don't, so...*shrugs*. I'm dressing up as myself.
Posts: 3658 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

- posted      Profile for Javert   Email Javert         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going as Jason Vorrhees from the Friday the 13th movies. I just need to find myself a machette(sp?). [Big Grin]
Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christy
Member # 4397

- posted      Profile for Christy   Email Christy         Edit/Delete Post 
Just went out to Plato's Closet and found a fuzzy sweater that reminded me of a sheep. So, I found some suede-looking pants to go along with the sweater, a thick yarned cotton hat and socks and the fuzziest, fluffiest scarf I've ever seen for a tail. I'll thread it through the beltloop to make a puff. Now all I need is to make some ears to attach to my hat. [Wink]
Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarahdipity
Member # 3254

- posted      Profile for sarahdipity   Email sarahdipity         Edit/Delete Post 
I heard of an interesting idea. Paint yourself all in gold and carry a shovel [Smile]
Posts: 872 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

Good idea, Sarah. I've always wanted to go as a contestant from Joe Millionaire.
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not going to be anything except door-answering candy-doling out nymph, but my little sister is going as Legolas. (She is often told she looks like Legolas- it's the long blonde hair) I wanted my littler sister to be Gimli (they'd be the right hieghts) but she refused and is going to be a rabbit instead. Spoilsport.
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.