FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » WenchCon January 2004 - Sign up if you want more info (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: WenchCon January 2004 - Sign up if you want more info
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Time to start some serious planning, folks. If you think you may attend WenchCon, please email me at bamawards@msn.com so I can add you to my mailing list.

We'll be sending out updates by email so as not to clutter up the board too terribly much.

Basically, our prelim plans include Friday night meet & greet, Saturday games, watching Fellowship & Towers DVD's, and going to see Return of the King Saturday night.

We may have some costumes available, if you cannot bring your own. You don't have to dress up if you don't want to, but you'll miss out on a lot of fun if you don't.

The date is Jan 16-18. Monday, Jan 19th, is Martin Luther King day, which should help those that are travelling. Right now we're looking at Trussville, Alabama which is about 15 miles northeast from the Birmingham airport. There is a Hampton Inn in Trussville that we're looking at as WenchCon homebase.

So, if you're interested, please email me!

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 3262

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
Done! [Big Grin]
Posts: 2661 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
coil
Member # 4571

- posted      Profile for coil   Email coil         Edit/Delete Post 
Hm. Hm indeed.
Posts: 886 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
I so wish I could! [Frown] [Frown] [Frown]
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Duh.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I'll be working towards it, but wether or not I end up getting money to go is a different question which I will be able to answer closer to August.

Anyway, I'm going to go ahead and sign up and see how things go. Better to plan to go and pull back than plan not to go and try to later. Oh, and wait till tomorrow to send me any emails, I haven't checked it in a while and I'm sure theres some junk there that I would need to clear out.

[ May 20, 2003, 05:49 PM: Message edited by: T_Smith ]

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xnera
Member # 187

- posted      Profile for xnera   Email xnera         Edit/Delete Post 
Email sent! [Big Grin]
Posts: 1805 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
Now I just have to show up . . . The sixteenth is my 21st birthday! (No, I'm not joking, I think that would be a great way to spend it).
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
sign me up, maybe Raia and I can jointly convince our parents to let us go as a senior trip or something
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
I am so there. (email sent) I also have a lockdown on Gimli, and if certain people want to challenge me about that, I'll bite their kneecaps.

After I bashes their skulls in wi' me axe. [Big Grin]

[ May 20, 2003, 10:02 PM: Message edited by: ClaudiaTherese ]

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taberah
Member # 4014

- posted      Profile for Taberah           Edit/Delete Post 
Pencil me in. Just don't plan on having me dress up as anyone . . .
Posts: 224 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
And then apologize for it, CT? [Wink]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
(Whew! Just checked email to make sure I didn't have to apologize for that last message. It was a true story, though! Can you imagine anything more disgusting?)

Er, yeah. Apologize wi' me axe. [Big Grin]

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

Riiiight. [Wink]

"You killed me!" Jeff Fore

"I'm sorry!" CT

...and I laughed myself silly at that last email, CT [Smile]

Toretha
Member # 2233

- posted      Profile for Toretha   Email Toretha         Edit/Delete Post 
done
Posts: 3493 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

be advised, the red notebook will be in attendance this year

Mwuahahahahahahaha!!

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
I will certainly try to get to WenchCon. If I do a lot of tutoring/proofreading next semester, it could very well happen.
Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
I am so there!!!!!
Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toretha
Member # 2233

- posted      Profile for Toretha   Email Toretha         Edit/Delete Post 
and I claim pippin, and if JaneX can't come, dibs on Sam [Razz]
Posts: 3493 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dobbie
Member # 3881

- posted      Profile for Dobbie           Edit/Delete Post 
Could you please hold the next Wenchcon somewhere where there's a beach. I would really like to see pictures of some of the wenches in bikinis.
Posts: 1794 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
Be careful what you wish for, big boy...
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

Trust me, you don't want to see me in a bikini.

Okay guys, Olivet, Fael, and I met today and talked about WenchCon plans.

You will be happy to know that we will have t-shirts. I know you're thinking "I've heard all that before" but this time you really will. I know because I resigned as t-shirt coordinator. I realized I had just not performed well at the job. Olivet is taking over, and she actually gets things done. [Wink]

We've scouted hotels, theaters, etc. We'll be getting more details to you soon.

Psycho Triad
Member # 3331

- posted      Profile for Psycho Triad   Email Psycho Triad         Edit/Delete Post 
Apparently kwsni hasn't posted anything yet. So in case she has already emailed, ignore this. Otherwise, mark the two of us down as 'yes', unless something huge comes up.

[ May 24, 2003, 08:16 PM: Message edited by: Psycho Triad ]

Posts: 271 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
Jenny will wear her miniskirt and sexy boots again. She will also try to bring the suitcase full of LOTR costumes. And everyone who can, bring ACTION FIGURES!!!! I think we should get those play swords, too - the ones that go clang when you bang them against each other.

Also, EVERYONE simply must wear cloaks. They are so fun!

Do I have to be Frodo again?

Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
Jenny's post has miraculously spurred me towards attending at all costs. I wonder why.
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JaneX
Member # 2026

- posted      Profile for JaneX           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Also, EVERYONE simply must wear cloaks. They are so fun!
I'm working on that. Gotta get myself to a fabric store... [Smile]

~Jane~

Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

If I'm cloaked, how will you see me?? [Wink]

If I do bring a cloak, I will more than likely wear it on the plane, unless dressing up for a movie and traveling to Alabama would constitute suspisious activity. I wouldn't want to be frisked because I seemed like a cloaked terrorist. That is assuming I'm going to actually get to come. I need mula and I looked up prices today. Right now they are at about 450. So, if I manage to save that money and not have that effect college funds, then everything will be peachy.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

affect, T. affect.

[Wink]

T_Smith
Member # 3734

Yes, well someday in the future I'll let you smack me with a wooden spoon. Until then: [Razz]
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
I got A Gollum. I also saw a Grima, but *shudder* wasn't sure if I wanted him. I have not found an Eowyn of the proper size, either. The 12 inch doll is a good likeness, but I have not Bought one.

I saw a Legolas doll (one of the lareger ones) but didn't go for it because it was absolutely hideous. Does anybody have a legolas action figure?

Arwen says she's looking forward to seeing Aragorn again, though everyone else gets sulky when she talks about it.

I still say I wanna be somebody who wears either a beard or a mask, when we dress up. (If? she adds, hopefully [Wink] )

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
Ack.
Adrian, I totally forgot to email you.
Will do that now.

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
narrativium
Member # 3230

- posted      Profile for narrativium           Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, Olivet. If I'm there, I'm Gollum. Jane will back me up on this.

[Edit: Wait a minute. . .

I gotta stop skimming post without actually reading them.]

[ June 02, 2003, 09:29 PM: Message edited by: narrativium ]

Posts: 1357 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

Good Gravy, of course we're dressing up!

And don't spend money you don't have for a cloak. I'll more than likely be able to bring the BIG SUITCASE full of costumes and cloaks. We have Gimli, Gandalf, Fellowship cloaks, orc get-ups, and Ringwraith outfits.

I wish I could bring my sister's action figures, but she won't let me. She's posed them all on her Breyer horses as if riding into battle. They look so cool!

JaneX
Member # 2026

- posted      Profile for JaneX           Edit/Delete Post 
I just got my school calendar for this year. Martin Luther King weekend coincides with my winter break! So if I miss any school to go to WenchCon, it'll just be the Friday before break starts, when we probably won't have actual class anyway!
[Party]

Now everything depends on Shlomo's exam schedule and Ela's work schedule. Keep your fingers crossed, everyone.

~Jane~

Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
I have about a 7% chance of making it, which is much better then any other time, but not good enough to sign up. I hope I can, but failing that, I hope you guys have a great time! [Big Grin] [Party] [Big Grin]

Hobbes [Smile]

[ August 06, 2003, 01:52 AM: Message edited by: Hobbes ]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

I plan on buying the plan ticket Friday. Friday being pay day... [Big Grin]

Around what time would be best for you to pick me up at the air port?

Kasie H
Member # 2120

- posted      Profile for Kasie H   Email Kasie H         Edit/Delete Post 
Boo! My classes start again January 13th.

*pouts* I wanna go!

Posts: 1784 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

We can arrange airport pickup, but let's try to not have any redeye flights, please. I'm not a good morning person and we wouldn't want me driving drowsy. [Wink]

I think we've all decided on the Hampton Inn in Trussville and the Trussville theaters. It's a fairly new theater, stadium seating, good sound, all that jazz. My basement will be finished by this time (it will be finished in about a month, hopefully) but it may not be big enough to handle all of us. The rec room turned out considerably smaller than originally planned.

Kasie H
Member # 2120

Here's a question....will carpooling be available? I'm not old enough yet to rent a car...
Posts: 1784 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amka
Member # 690

- posted      Profile for Amka   Email Amka         Edit/Delete Post 
We wouldn't have to wait until then to watch ROTK, would we?
Posts: 3495 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 3262

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, heavens no. I'm sure the vast majority of us will have seen it 10 times or so before we get to WenchCon!

[Wink] [Big Grin] [Wink]

Posts: 2661 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

Yes, we will all carpool. No problem. [Smile] I've got a van, Olivia will probably have her big vehicle, we'll find a way to get everybody where they need to go.
mackillian
Member # 586

Dibs in the Suburban. You can play VIDEO GAMES in there! [Big Grin]
Olivet
Member # 1104

It also has a dvd player. [Big Grin]
Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

*in heaven*

I am SO bringing Lilo and Stitch.

Kasie H
Member # 2120

*joins Olivet's crowd*

[Big Grin]

Olivet
Member # 1104

Sure. I suppose that would be more appropriate than anything with Ewan McGregor naked. [Evil]
Kasie H
Member # 2120

[Grumble]

Could we at least watch that one part in Trainspotting?
[Big Grin]

Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm kicking around going.
Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

[Eek!]
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.