FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Out of Context (Page 4)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Out of Context
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Rakeesh wrote: More simply put, you take your life in your hands when you pick someone to violate. They might be a sheep or they might be a ram.
- in the Ender and the Revolution thread. I thought it was hilarious that when he was trying to be all serious, he was talking about violating sheep and rams. [Eek!]
Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Things are very parallel with males.
--BannaOj in "Dealing with race is about educating white folks."

Things are very perpendicular at times, too.

--Pop

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I also did well with making the two balls the same size...
--Farmgirl, Senses quiz
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
I KNEW as soon as I wrote that, that probably someone couldn't let it pass....

but never figured it'd be you!
[Big Grin]

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Pops has his mind in the gutter. [No No]
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

Actually, I assumed you were quite aware of what you'd written, and that that was the reason for the ellipsis.

My mind is in the gutter, yes, but only because of its omnipresence. I can think high lofty thoughts at the exact same time that I'm noticing all the things people write that belong in this thread. The gutter thoughts are just simpler to post. No, really.

--Pop

Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
I use ellipsis in almost every post of mine, haven't you noticed?

It has something to do with my thought processes working that way. Like some songs that just fade off at the end..... and never really end.

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

What I'm saying is that I thought the reason for your thought processes to be working that way in that sentence was because you were fully aware of how it would sound out of context, not that I think any sentence using ellipses is or contains a double-entendre. Heck, I use ellipses all the time, and, um....
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
mackillian: bowing near sex gods could be dangerous.
MaccabeusTheMad: Er...good point.

Not so much out of context as just hilarious. Ah, Hatrack Chat, how I love thee.
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
"I would totally wear a tinfoil hat while doing it."

-pH, chat

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Koga
Member # 5646

- posted      Profile for Koga   Email Koga         Edit/Delete Post 
This is actually pretty much in context, but still it seemed funny to me.

quote:
fugu13 (8:02:30 PM): I sometimes wish i would score
-Hatrack chat
Posts: 733 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
IceDragon60: Bam! Lets do some pollination!
IceDragon60: I'll put my pistol in your stamen.

From chat.

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, I've seen some flowery prose before...

[Monkeys]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Koga
Member # 5646

- posted      Profile for Koga   Email Koga         Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder how we ended up with two of these threads [Confused]

Actually I don't wonder how it happened, I'm pretty sure someone just couldn't find one so they made a new one instead of searching, but still explains why I kept thinking there were posts in this thread and then couldn't find them. [Razz]

Posts: 733 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Heh. And Pop once more demonstrates why I'm attracted to him.
Lalo at last admits his feelings for Papa Moose in the Edward = Teddy thread.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Saving Ryan's Privates
Banna in the man love in the movies thread - you just wanted to see if we were paying attention, didn't you? [Big Grin]

[ January 28, 2004, 10:16 PM: Message edited by: Shan ]

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Save it, Annie. He'll die sometime, and you'll be ready!

--rivka in More Anniework
Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I might have to go home for lunch today.
zgator in Superbowl Halftime -- did I see what I think I saw , after being bombarded by women talking about their bras popping open.

Not so much Out of Context, but still really random and funny.

[ February 03, 2004, 03:06 PM: Message edited by: PSI Teleport ]

Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
"Yeah, the which between system and tends should be a that."

Kat, in the Is "quiestic" a word thread (although she's now gone back in and put in quotation marks that make that sentence make a lot more sense, when she first typed it it was pretty much a word salad.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

quote:
The reason being that I am quite a bit older than you, and it is a simple fact of life that I can't push my body as hard and as fast as I used to. I don't want to risk serious injury by doing so. I can't pretend to be 18 anymore, now that I'm over 40. My 18 year old son is a great "coach" for me, extremely demanding, but. . . .
--Farmgirl, Marathon dreams. It took me a while to decide where to begin and end the quotation, too -- it was like a marathon in itself. *smile*
narrativium
Member # 3230

- posted      Profile for narrativium           Edit/Delete Post 
::bump::
Posts: 1357 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Ruth beats me often enough that I have to enjoy it while it lasts.

-- Jon Boy, in sakeriver's Is something weird going on at Hatrack? thread

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Man, you haven't seen anything until you've seen my gramma go at it.
PSITeleport in Scrabble
Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Goat, that was uncalled for. [Razz]
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryan Hart
Member # 5513

- posted      Profile for Ryan Hart           Edit/Delete Post 
"and this time i won't press the handcuffs"
-Rappin' Ronnie Reagan in chat.

Posts: 650 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
IN CLUE! won't press the handcuffs IN CLUE!
Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

quote:
There's a rhythm to it and I just don't... get it... [Confused]
Synesthesia, On Socialization and Normality
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Bob_Scopatz: I'll be creeping people out in the produce aisle.
quote:
UofUlawguy: You can't go wrong with scandalous lingerie.
In the Valentine's Day Romance thread.
Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

quote:
Even when I got bit on the as...er derriere by a German Shepherd.

I just hate things that hurt my sweetie!

--Dagonee, A Monumental Sequence of Stupidity (More News Added)
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Dave didn't think it would grow to that size
Ben, in AIM chat
Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Mr Pointy has started to look seductively appealing.
From CT, who should really know better.
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
i think ruth might be onto something. or ophelia.
Jon Boy will not be pleased.

Or maybe he'll be very pleased.

Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
[Eek!] Jon, keep your wife under control!
Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
i assure you, frisco, there is no insult i can think of worse than quoting me on this vile imposter thread. [Frown]
Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T. Analog Kid
Member # 381

- posted      Profile for T. Analog Kid   Email T. Analog Kid         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Slash the Berserker (who may eat you -- just sit back and enjoy it)
CT in her new FAQ

[ March 04, 2004, 11:08 AM: Message edited by: T. Analog Kid ]

Posts: 2112 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jexx
Member # 3450

- posted      Profile for jexx   Email jexx         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll take all comers.

mack in the ChoppedLiver thread.

Of course, that *may* have been IN context.

[Eek!]

PS--mack, you are ruining my delicate post count. Stop being funny.

Posts: 1545 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Dang! Jexx beat me to it!
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jexx
Member # 3450

- posted      Profile for jexx   Email jexx         Edit/Delete Post 
Ha!

I beat Bob_Scopatz at something!

Gloating about it is worth damaging my delicate post count.

*grin*

I'd like to thank Bob_Scopatz for this opportunity to shine in the Hatrack Spotlight of One-Upmanship, and most importantly, I would like to thank mack for giving me the quote that got me here.

*bows and wipes a tear*

Posts: 1545 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
"When I push down on it or wiggle it there's slight pain."
quote:
"Seems like after a while, you would beat me as much as I beat you"
-Xavier in private chat
Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Stabnacious isn't a word. But it should be.

Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
mackillian
Member # 586

posted April 07, 2004 08:07 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would've taken more than his finger.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought you were taken, mack.....

[ROFL] [ROFL] [Evil] [Evil] [Taunt]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keedokes
Member # 6301

- posted      Profile for keedokes   Email keedokes         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
me too.....i just wanted to pop in.....
Kwea in Hatrack Chat
Posts: 79 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Kwea says the funniest things in chat... [Smile]
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
seen
DaGoat12345: I never got it either. My parents just used a toilet paper tube and a dough roller (or whatever the technical name for that is).
that tt kiwi: !!

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
It's a small, delicate thing anyway. If you played with it, you might've broken it.

-Lalo in chat

Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zotto!
Member # 4689

- posted      Profile for Zotto!   Email Zotto!         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
TT&T on AIM:

Well, I will just have to measure you when I meet you.

And I, for my part, will not complain a bit.
Posts: 1595 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zotto!
Member # 4689

- posted      Profile for Zotto!   Email Zotto!         Edit/Delete Post 
Whoops. This is the imposter thread, isn't it. Sorry, celia! *snort*
Posts: 1595 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
*gropes around in the dark for the secret latch*
Skillery, in LOTR Wenches' Tavern
Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
BannaOj: I think my shred went to a good cause
chatting
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WheatPuppet
Member # 5142

- posted      Profile for WheatPuppet   Email WheatPuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
"If I had Paul The German in my class and I didn't think he was dumb as a brick, then I'd ask him for help, if I thought I needed it. Except that he's dumb as a brick. And he's not in my classes."
Posts: 903 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.