FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Tag (Page 2)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Tag
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
What happens if you just lurk on this thread?

Oh. You become it.

Well, you're it now!

Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
I was just taking a shortcut to the Word of the Day thread. Does that count?

Oh, okay, I'm "it."

Now, you're it.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Woohoo!

Tag, you're it. No tagbacks.

Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
Tag, you're it. No tagbacks.

By the way TSmith, I saw the Fellowship extended DVD too.

Tig Tig.

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
<glances sideways into thread>

Shoot!

Okay, you're it now.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Tag, you're it.

*runs away quickly*

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 3262

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
Darn it all! I just came in to see if anyone would make a Tig joke, and I got tagged!

Oh well, at least someone had. [Big Grin]

You're it!

Posts: 2661 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
I wish I could come up with something witty to say, but I'll just have to settle for being "it."

I had to go and open this thread...

Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Godric
Member # 4587

- posted      Profile for Godric   Email Godric         Edit/Delete Post 
I wasn't going to play, but Bob's guilt trip post compels me to utter the phrase:

Tag! You're it!

No givebacks!

Posts: 1295 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Well, if it's any consolation, I'm now it.

Oh, wouldn't it be funny if someone reported this thread to our friendly mods. Then they'd have to come here, and we could tag them!

Until then, you're it.

saxon75
Member # 4589

Actually, Bob, you'll notice that, since my previous post didn't contain the words "You're it," Godric can't have been "it" and, therefore, you are not "it." I am still "it" and will be until I decide to give it up by telling someone else that he or she is it.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
Well that's a bunch of crud. I'd like to be it again now that my no tagback has expired. Since I didn't keep it in a vacuum sealed bag, it only lasted through five posts.
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie
Member # 4043

- posted      Profile for Pixie   Email Pixie         Edit/Delete Post 
::laughs:: So what are we supposed to say now?

If saxon had said "you're it"...

well...

You're it! [Big Grin]

Posts: 1548 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

Nope, it's still me.

I'm sorry, but if you guys would just quit running so fast, I'd be able to catch up to you.

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Actually, Saxon's 3:09 post contained the phrase, and I quote,
quote:
"You're it,"
But then, Saxon just came in after Pixie's post with the same phrase in it, so, ironically, he's it again.

Tag hog!

[Razz]

[ June 16, 2003, 07:11 PM: Message edited by: Bob_Scopatz ]

jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
What happens if you open this thread and just keep it up on your screen for days, refreshing every once in a while? Would you still be It?

That would only work for those of us with a fixed connection, not you peasants with dialup. [Big Grin]

Oh.

And.

TAG! You're it!

Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caleb Varns
Member # 946

- posted      Profile for Caleb Varns   Email Caleb Varns         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure if I'm it because there's two pages and I looked at the first one first...

But just the same. Tag, you're it.

No tagbacks.

Posts: 1307 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

You crazy, not-paying-attention types. I'm still it. I never said the magic phrase (not going to let you catch me like that again, Bob).
Pixie
Member # 4043

::Laughs:: Yup, it's official. My new tag phrase is that if saxon had said "you're it", you're it. [Big Grin] [Razz]
Posts: 1548 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
So... am I it or what?
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

Nope. [Big Grin]
tonguetied&twisted
Member # 5159

- posted      Profile for tonguetied&twisted   Email tonguetied&twisted         Edit/Delete Post 
*sigh*

"it-hoggers" steal all the fun

[Big Grin]

Posts: 1111 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 3262

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
Aww...saxon, come on! Let the rest of us play, too!

*pouts*

Posts: 2661 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Hey Saxon, I hear your mother calling you.

Better tag someone and get on home to your nappy time!!!

sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

posted June 16, 2003 at 7:41 pm by Saxon75
quote:
You...It.
Bad grammar, but the magic phrase has been uttered nonetheless.
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Ah, good. Then I guess I'm it.

Until YOU got here, that is. You're it.

[Big Grin]

Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Darn.

I guess that sad thing is that I read the whole thread all the way through, but that becomes irrelevent because I am no longer "it", as they say.

You are. Yes, I'm looking at you. You over there hiding behind that computer.

You. Are. It.

(by the way EVERYONE knows that you can't tig on a tag, so there)

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fishtail
Member # 3900

- posted      Profile for Fishtail   Email Fishtail         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, why not?

TAG, you're IT!

No tagbacks (or givebacks) :-P

Posts: 471 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

Guess who's it again? Me!

[Razz]

Nimrodel the Kitten
Member # 5244

- posted      Profile for Nimrodel the Kitten   Email Nimrodel the Kitten         Edit/Delete Post 
Meow!

*is glad that this time, anyway, curiosity merely tagged the cat*

Me-ow! (translation by Vána: "You're it!")

Posts: 22 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

By popular demand, Saxon has gained immunity from being tagged.

He can never be it, not matter what he says.

Isn't that funny?

Ironically, you can still be tagged. And so you are!

saxon75
Member # 4589

Ironically, I was the first one to read Bob's post. So I can't be it, but then he goes and says I'm it!

I can just feel the fabric of the spacetime continuum beginning to tear...

Pixie
Member # 4043

::listens for the sound of the continuum tearing::

...The only sound I can hear is the faint clicking of keys on the keyboard spelling, "You're it!".

dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
I must confess that I opened this thread on Sunday evening. However, I was on a friends pathetic, old, computer which for some reason isn’t able to post at Hatrack since the forum upgrade.

Therefore, I have actually been it since then, saxon75 was never it, and you’ve all been running around tagging each other for no reason. Until now!

Tag, you’re it.

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prolixshore
Member # 4496

- posted      Profile for prolixshore           Edit/Delete Post 
tag, youre it

no givebacks

Posts: 1612 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

No, I'm not. [Razz]
prolixshore
Member # 4496

yes you are
Posts: 1612 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

quote:
By popular demand, Saxon has gained immunity from being tagged.

He can never be it, not matter what he says.

No, I'm not.

This brings up an interesting point. Did Apostle tag me to no effect, and thus needs to tag someone else? Or does his previous post still stand, allowing others to be tagged?

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

This is how state legislatures get so much done.

LOL.

Okay, new rule. Saxon CAN be tagged, but if he (or anyone else) fails to utter the phrase "tag, you're it" then someone else can just start a new game of tag. In effect, we can have more than one person be "it" at any given time.

As Bill Clinton said, it all depends on what your definition of "it" is. (paraphrasing, of course).

So, now, you are it, and that's that. And saxon can be it for as long as he wants, but he can also tag someone it whenever he wants.

So can anyone else. We'll just have everyone be "it"

Especially YOU!

saxon75
Member # 4589

This is a mighty weird game of tag you're running, Bob.

But anyway, I'm not it. That'd be YOU.

Avadaru
Member # 3026

- posted      Profile for Avadaru   Email Avadaru         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh look, I'm it. But not for long.

You're it!

Posts: 1225 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Actually, it's sort of like Vampire Tag. That's where some people remain "it" and keep infecting other people who remain "it." But some of the tagged are just bitten once and aren't "it" for very long and can only tag someone else, not turn them into a vampire, etc.

It's all very confusing, but think of the fun. Trying to figure out who is "it" for right now versus who is a vampire. And then figuring out how to end the game...

Always a challenge.

But I'm it now...

Until you come into my web of dark and trecherous evil and thereby become "it" yourself.

Bwah ha ha aha ha....

saxon75
Member # 4589

Wait, so now there are vampires on top of everything else? This is just nutty! But, at least I'm not it anymore. You are.
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Dang it! I hit this thread by mistake.

Now you're it.

And we don't have vampires unless someone wants to be a vampire. You "permanently it" types have to be "handled" some way.

[Razz]

hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
Alright alright, I confess!! I peeked into this thread a few days ago but I snuck out before anyone saw,

*phew* Glad to have that off my chest!

[Big Grin]

I'm it! I'm it!

*looks around*

Wait, now YOU'RE it! [Smile]

Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie
Member # 4043

Correction: I was it.

Now you're it.

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

I'm getting awfully tired of myself.

I'm it.

Now you are.

Pixie
Member # 4043

Not again... [Wink]

You know, Bob, the solution really is quite simple. You could stop coming into this thread but then again, where's the fun in that? In the meantime...

You're it!

prolixshore
Member # 4496

youre it, and no, i dont mean saxon
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

I'm just full of it.

And 3 pages of it to be precise.

Have fun being it

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.