FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Evil Genie Game (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The Evil Genie Game
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I was going to suggest someone make this thread, but I already suggested someone make a Hatrack Stock Exchange thread, so I'll take the initiative on this one.

On the "what would you do thread", celia stated that she would walk on mars.

See, if I was an evil genie Celia, I would put you on Mars where you would walk for a few feet before dying of exposure and lack of oxygen.

Likewise, an evil genie could very easily take my statement of being able to fly and granting it, with the condition that I am not able to land.

So here's the game, someone posts a wish (qualified as much as they want), and the next person thinks of a funny (or tragic) way to grant that wish in an evil way.

I already sort of started with celia, so someone else go next.

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, I see. You start the game but YOU don't make a wish to be twisted to evil.

I see how it goes.

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

Yeah, I figured this thread wouldn't take off without me starting it going.

All right, I'll go first:

I wish to find and marry a beautiful young woman who loves me and who I love whom I have multiple smart, healthy, good children who all outlive me.

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

Okay, as your E-vile Genie, I inspire your intelligent, healthy children to chase their ambitions all over the globe which creates very little time for them to see you. Your wife's beauty becomes the envy of and desire of a wealthy man who owns the small-minded, single lumber mill-supported town in which you live, and he blackballs you for all gainful employment. You end up destitute, living in a shack, unable to give your woman the things in life you believe she deserves and, though your love for each other never diminishes, your wounded pride and guilt for not keeping her in the lifestyle to which she had been accustom to live in her own family breaks your will and resolve. Your children can never afford to see you, though they are fighting illness and evil in other parts of the world. You live a long, hard, impoverished life until finally, while you waste away from tuberculosis, you see your children's fading faces as they all manage to come to you at the very last second before your death. Your last thoughts are, "Could I have lived my life any better?" as you close your eyes and hope your wife finds a better life in the arms of the cold, jaded man with money on the hill.

Oh, and everybody gets a rash in their unmentionables.

[ July 12, 2003, 09:00 PM: Message edited by: Ralphie ]

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
You meet a nurse during repeated hospital stays for too many horrifying and humiliating illnesses to mention.
After marriage and the multiple kids, you die before you see any of your kids at age 5.
Because of being fatherless and widowed, your lovely young widow and your adorable moppets all lead lives more tragic than yours.

Wow, I'm a real natural at this. Mwhahahahaha!
[edit: bows to the far more evil Ralphie]
*wonders if this is good or bad*
Morbo [Frown]

[ July 12, 2003, 09:02 PM: Message edited by: Morbo ]

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
*is reminded of Bedazzled*

*the Dudley Moore version, which was infinitely more hysterically tragic than the Brendan Frasier version*

Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] I don't want my wishes to be twisted to evil!
Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

Yes! Probably Dudley Moore's funniest film, and he made a few.
Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

My wish: to give up math and science, write a killer screenplay, and immediatly jump to the "A" list---money, fame, hot and cold running girls in the mansion, you know the drill.
Oh, and no more waiting in line. Anywhere. Ever.
(Important qualification--you can take all the rest, but I keep this)

Morbo [Smile]

[ July 12, 2003, 09:26 PM: Message edited by: Morbo ]

Gottmorder
Member # 5039

- posted      Profile for Gottmorder   Email Gottmorder         Edit/Delete Post 
I wish that all evil genies would die right now, with no ill effect on the universe, Earth, and the people on Earth.
Posts: 332 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

Why would any evil genie worth his/her salt grant that wish?

Ralphie?

Gottmorder
Member # 5039

- posted      Profile for Gottmorder   Email Gottmorder         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Why would any evil genie worth his/her salt grant that wish?
Because they have to?
Posts: 332 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
All the e-vile genies die, then come back as undead brain sucking e-vile wish granting demons. They do nothing to endanger the universe, the earth or the people on the earth, but there are two types.

Type A eats the brains of anyone who ventures under the earth.

Tybe B Drinks the blood of anyone who takes both feet off the earth at the same time.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
qsysue
Member # 5229

- posted      Profile for qsysue   Email qsysue         Edit/Delete Post 
One day while buying a hot dog at a very busy street vendor's cart Morbo doesn't wait in line and thus misses meeting the woman of his dreams, who two years later is in a position to save his career and stop him from making the unwise decision that loses him his fame and fortune but doesn't because she remembers him as the uppity star who cut in line for a mere hot dog.

I wish that I could own a beach house in Hawaii that I rent out for most of the year and make a tidy sum from it and also use it for vacation whenever I please.

Posts: 374 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Morbo:

quote:
My wish: to give up math and science,
You do, never graduating high school, never to recieve serious acknowledgement for your work because after all, no high school drop out could write a killer screenplay.

quote:
write a killer screenplay,
You write a 10,000 page screenplay on the life of an army ant. Its wonderful symbolism and deep lifechanging story is lost in the muck and misspellings that fill the tome. However, when three famous actors commit suicide instead of agreeing to be part of the movie, your fame is assured.

quote:
and immediatly jump to the "A" list---
A judge rules that your screenplay is so bad it is a lethal weapon. You are accused of murder. Being a mass murderer, immediately you become famous and get on the A list.

quote:
money, fame, hot and cold running girls in the mansion, you know the drill.
Your fame, and Fox TV's desire for an interesting story offer you all of this, after you get out of prison.

quote:
Oh, and no more waiting in line. Anywhere. Ever.
You are brought to trial in Texas. There you are sentenced to death. There is no appeal. Do you get to enjoy years on death row? This is TEXAS, no waiting, ever.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

quote:
I wish that I could own a beach house in Hawaii that I rent out for most of the year and make a tidy sum from it and also use it for vacation whenever I please.
Because your demands are small, my task as an E-vile Genie is small.

Every person to rent from you is a yearly candidate for MTV's "Spring Break" cast and thorougly trashes your house. Your life is one headache after another trying to find someone that will clean up the vomit, empty alcohol bottles, cast-off contraceptives and soiled undergarments. You must pay exhorbitant fees for a cleaning service, and your tidy profit becomes just enough to pay for regular flights to Hawaii to clear up debacles with policemen. All vacations you take are tainted by the supreme hatred of all your neighbors resenting the noise year-round.

And you develop a rash on your unmentionables.

Ralphie
Member # 1565

What, no more wishes?

[Smile]

Leonide
Member # 4157

I wish that Ralphie would post on Hatrack more often! [Big Grin]
Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

You know Ralphie, the person who acts as the evil genie is then supposed to make a wish for someone else to rip apart.

(Though you are good enough at this that I'm content with you being the evil genie full time [Smile] )

What I partially envisioned was for people to try to stump the genie through lots of conditionals and qualifications. I guess mine was a bit easy as far as that goes [Smile] .

T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Twisted Wish: Someone creates the screen name Ralphie Wiggum and posts 100 posts in 2 days.

My wish: I wish for 10 dollars.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

The ten dollar bill I magically put in your wallet is contaminated with Anthrax. Nice knowing you [Razz] .

I wish to live a happy, fulfilling, long, and enlightened life.

Zevlag
Member # 1405

- posted      Profile for Zevlag           Edit/Delete Post 
I wish for enough extra money so that I can afford my upcoming vacation to Washington DC.
Posts: 2102 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

Leo:

As your E-vile Genie, it's a bit of a conflict of interests. However, your wish is my command...

As Ralphie posts more often on Hatrack, her home life becomes steadily more chaotic. She stops sleeping, and eventually eating. She begins to lack the normal fuels that power the inhibitors which keep a person from doing unnatural and unholy things. Late one night, in a frenzied attack of page-refreshing, she stumbles upon your phone number which coincidentally marks the very moment that she goes COMPLETELY MAD. She uses reverse directory to discover your whereabouts and, no longer concerning herself with mundane monetary issues, buys a plane ticket on the spot to seek out and ultimately destroy you.

She forces her way into your house, and subsequently demands that come up with witty one-liner quips, each time smacking you and yelling "Refresh!" late into the night.

During this torture, you shake an angry fist into the sky wondering why you wasted your single wish on requesting that Ralphie post more often. To top it all off, you become more than suspicious that you're getting a rash on your unmentionables.

Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I wish to live a happy, fulfilling, long, and enlightened life
You do, because you are a giant Galapagos tortoise, so though you are happy and enlightened, no one will ever know. And then at the end of this long life, you experience a particularly drawn-out, arduous death as you starve to death when all the insects of your island are wiped out by an oil spill toxin.

My wish? I wish for a perfect, in-shape physique without ever having to diet or exercise.

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

I wish to live a happy, fulfilling, long, and enlightened life.

You go quite insane at your next dinner party and have to be hauled off in shackles. You then are quite happy in your lunacy, feeling more than fulfilled staring at the wall all day and drooling.
You have a very long life and at the end achieve true enlightenment.
But nobody's listened to you for years, so nobody cares but you.

Bwhahahah!

T_Smith
Member # 3734

Twist: You are granted your perfect, in-shape body as you suddenly start to look like the shape of a pear.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

I wish for enough extra money so that I can afford my upcoming vacation to Washington DC.

The money is afforded you by the Mob, working through your kindly maiden Aunt Sally.
Don't trust her, she's a plant!
Too late.
While you're gone the Mob has the boys strip your joint down to the sheetrock.
Happy Homecomeing.

[ July 13, 2003, 02:33 AM: Message edited by: Morbo ]

T_Smith
Member # 3734

I don't care what bad comes out of this, I wish Morbo gets turned permanantly into a 2 centimeter, black american, non-poisonous, and all natural ant immediately.
Morbo
Member # 5309

Non-poisonous?

Jeeez, give me something. It's a jungle out there!

T_Smith
Member # 3734

You're not going to try to twist it? Come on... try to.
Annie
Member # 295

Ok - he's an ant. He crawls up your nose while you're sleeping and gets stuck running about in your sinus cavities for a couple days before he dies and decomposes in there. [Smile]

I wish I had some cake.

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

A wild wish, as it can easily be twisted.

1 You get a poisonous cake.
2 You get a cake the size of a thimble.
3 The musical group Cake is delivered to your house in pieces.
4 A cake gets dropped on your head.
5 Anything of your posessions gets turned into cake.
6. A cake fills up the entire room.
7. You are put into a huge cake and sufficate.
8. You get a stolen cake worth 30,000 dollars. Suddenly the police are on your tail.

Annie
Member # 295

I like #8 the best.

Who did they steal a $30,000 cake from?!?

T_Smith
Member # 3734

The Queen of England. The frosting is covered in minature little diamonds.
Deirdre
Member # 4200

- posted      Profile for Deirdre   Email Deirdre         Edit/Delete Post 
I wish that my wish not be granted.

Take that, Evil Genie.

[ July 13, 2003, 06:47 AM: Message edited by: Deirdre ]

Posts: 1046 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

Deidre:

Okay, but playing "let's stump the Evil Genie" is going to cost you a rash-free pootie tang.

No E-vile Genie is complete without her signature. Especially while dealing with a mystery wrapped in a conundrum.

Deirdre
Member # 4200

- posted      Profile for Deirdre   Email Deirdre         Edit/Delete Post 
That's a relief.

It's good to know at least one thing's certain in this crazy, mixed-up world.

Posts: 1046 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

Is it really stumping the genie when you get nothing good out of it?

Anyway, I don't think this one is that hard.

From now on, and for the rest of your life, none of your wishes (hopes or desires) will ever come true. Trying to get around this rule by wishing for bad things will not work, since the evil-genie magic knows your true desires.

quote:
She forces her way into your house, and subsequently demands that come up with witty one-liner quips, each time smacking you and yelling "Refresh!" late into the night.

That line made me laugh pretty hard. This thread should be exhibit A if anyone ever claims that Ralphie isn't funny [Big Grin] .

Oh and the tortoise thing was very creative [Smile] .

Okay, heres my wish: For every misquito on earth to disapear and have its ecological niche be replaced with a non-disease carrying, non-biting, and otherwise harmless insect which generally stays away from humans and will not breed out of control.

T_Smith
Member # 3734

Twist: Misquito's disappear entirely, while the entire Mosquito population doubles over night.
Ralphie
Member # 1565

::hand holding kerchief pops out of spout of lamp, shining the sides to a very attractive gleam::

::whistles::

Leonide
Member # 4157

LMAO. oh, Ralphie. that's priceless.

And i STILL wish you would post more often!!

[Razz] [Wink] [Razz]

Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
O, E-vile Genie, grant this puny mortal's humble wish!

I humbly beseech that you grant me eternal and complete happiness, wealth, wisdom, sex-appeal, and culinary skill. In thanks for this mighty boon, O E-vile Genie, included in my wish is that this great gift be visited on you hundred-fold times!

*prostrates self before the spotless E-vile Genie lamp*

Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

I wish that Dubya would come on prime-time TV and tearfully take full responsability for his lies and half-truths leading to war in Iraq, the lapsing of clean air and water law enforcement, and the erosion of civil liberties since he took power.

*sneakily inserts politics into fluff thread--heh, heh*

Ralphie
Member # 1565

Jeff:

As your E-vile Genie, I grant both you and myself complete happiness, wealth, wisdom, sex-appeal, and culinary skill.

However, the world cannot handle two such amazing specimens such as us. We instantly become international sensations and, while the thrill of power and popularity teaches us valuable life lessons and fleshes out our experience to potentially better mankind, it only serves to fuel the obsessions of the less-than-fortunate.

Sycophants and toadies become increasingly more fanatical, and ultimately a vicious stalker (who's entire bedroom, bathroom/boudoir is wallpapered with the likenesses of both of us) rushes onto the set of our daily culinary show to compromise our lives with the working end of a salad shooter.

Being a genie, of course, I survive completely unharmed. However, your last waking thoughts in the hospital ER room are, "It wasn't... adult acne... it was... a... rash..." as you expire into the dreamless peace of death.

[ July 13, 2003, 06:59 PM: Message edited by: Ralphie ]

Ralphie
Member # 1565

Morbo:

quote:
I wish that Dubya would come on prime-time TV and tearfully take full responsability for his lies and half-truths leading to war in Iraq, the lapsing of clean air and water law enforcement, and the erosion of civil liberties since he took power.
As your E-vile Genie, I arrange for this to be so. The lights are on George W. Bush, and all the political powers of the world watch while Dubya, shedding more than a few crocodile tears, explains that the entire purpose in using the catch-phrase-turned-acronym "Weapons of Mass Destruction" was a manipulative ploy to futher his own political agenda. He admits to lies, half-truths, twisted perceptions and - just to throw some more on the grill - to being the primary cause of the lack of health care, the decline in the environment and the current low employment rate.

As the country - nay, the world! - gasps in shock, a lone newspaper photographer keen on getting a closer picture trips over a previously unseen wire travelling from the back of the stage all the way to George W. Bush, himself. A small crackling sound signals the end of some sort of power supply as the photographer goes flying into the backdrop of the stage.

George W. Bush immediately loses all animation, the top half of his body falling from the waist to make him look like what he is - a surpringly life-like animatronic that has just lost it's power source.

The backdrop collapses, and behind reveals the surprised expression of YOU, pushing furiously at the buttons and toggles of a now-defunct remote control.

Shock temporarily silences the live audience for a few minutes, and you considering making a bolt for it. But as you attempt to escape before they can recover, the mob comes alive to immediately pile on top of you.

You are sentenced to life in prison, without chance of parole. Because you are an internet geek, not adept with facing the rigors of prison life (or any other kill or be killed situation) you end up becoming the boy-toy of a large, hairy Hispanic man named "Oggie."

You live out the rest of your days braiding Oggy's underarm hair, telling him sweet stories of Hatrack life to help him sleep and wondering to yourself why you bother at all putting soap on a rope.

(I can't bring myself to give you a rash. You'll suffer enough.)

[ July 13, 2003, 08:23 PM: Message edited by: Ralphie ]

Morbo
Member # 5309

You've seen through my facade, Ralphie.

I am the power behind the throne.

Now, if you'll just pack your bags and kiss your kin goodbye, its time for you to be shuffled off to Git-mo.
For eternity.

Ha ha Morbo [Smile]

Maccabeus
Member # 3051

- posted      Profile for Maccabeus   Email Maccabeus         Edit/Delete Post 
*bump*

You know, Isaac Asimov did a take on this one...

At least, I thought he did, but curiously I can't find it in the anthology now. Maybe it's in a different book than I thought.

Hopefully the evil genie is female, but even if male I will be able to basically "blow him off" and pursue my own interests with his assistance...

Evil Genie, I wish that you would fall permanently, totally, and unselfishly in love with me.

Hey, wait a minute...can this genie use magic of her/his own will? *wonders if he's made a bad bargain*

Posts: 1041 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
popatr
Member # 1334

- posted      Profile for popatr   Email popatr         Edit/Delete Post 
OK, macc--you discover that you can't love the genie in return and all of your other prospects are scared off no matter how unselfish the genie claims to be.

I wish only good things would happen to me and anything I care about.

Posts: 554 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
popatr
Member # 1334

- posted      Profile for popatr   Email popatr         Edit/Delete Post 
Macc, or the genie cant love anything other than your most hated animal. Therefore you turn into that animal.
Posts: 554 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lazer King
Member # 4580

- posted      Profile for Lazer King           Edit/Delete Post 
I wish the war will stop! [Hail]
Posts: 26 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.