FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hurting Hatrackers List (now with good news)

Author Topic: Hurting Hatrackers List (now with good news)
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Well for those of you can pray this could be your prayer list. I was just trying to figure out how many of us there are. Seem to be more than normal. While I know there are individual threads I thought I'd put the names I know of in one place. Add and remove as becomes necessary

Illness:
BannaOj
Mono/Tonisilitis (though the Tonsilitis is doing better)

Car Accident:
Shan http://www.hatrack.com/ubb/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=016700

Belle's husband
http://www.hatrack.com/ubb/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=016928

Loss:
Saudade Andrei and ak
http://www.hatrack.com/ubb/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=016767

ClaudiaTherese
http://www.hatrack.com/ubb/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=016930

I'm not trying to leave anyone out so if I've forgot any biggies I apologize.

AJ

[ August 21, 2003, 09:50 AM: Message edited by: BannaOj ]

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
(Thanks, AJ.)
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
Sweet thread, AJ.
Mono really sucks.
I had seen all these threads but it is so sad to see them all together.

Hope (everyone) feels better.

[ July 19, 2003, 08:37 AM: Message edited by: Morbo ]

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lissande
Member # 350

- posted      Profile for Lissande   Email Lissande         Edit/Delete Post 
safety for Paul and peace of mind for Pixie?
Posts: 2762 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T. Analog Kid
Member # 381

- posted      Profile for T. Analog Kid   Email T. Analog Kid         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd appreciate prayers for my marriage. Thanks.
Posts: 2112 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the Professor
Member # 5319

- posted      Profile for the Professor   Email the Professor         Edit/Delete Post 
*dobie bump*
Posts: 111 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

and JonBoy and Disomel's upcoming marriage too...

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
You can add me to the mono list, my mono's still lingering (over a year now [Frown] )
Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
filetted
Member # 5048

- posted      Profile for filetted   Email filetted         Edit/Delete Post 
*hurting*
Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, how very sad I am when my friends are sad.

Prayers for all of you.

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Hugs and prayers.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
Has anyone gotten any more news from Chaeron?
Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

New member of the list

Dallin (Pats son) Head injury
http://www.hatrack.com/ubb/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=2&t=016958#000027

Pixie
Member # 4043

- posted      Profile for Pixie   Email Pixie         Edit/Delete Post 
Lissande... ::hugs:: Thank you.

Prayers and thoughts for everyone else.

Posts: 1548 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KEGE
Member # 424

- posted      Profile for KEGE   Email KEGE         Edit/Delete Post 
How is everyone? Any updates? I'm hoping for all good news. [Smile]
Posts: 874 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dawnmaria
Member # 4142

- posted      Profile for dawnmaria   Email dawnmaria         Edit/Delete Post 
My husband and I are trying for a baby and it's been rough going. I would appreciate any prayers and good thoughts you guys can spare. [Smile]
Posts: 601 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
My husband is doing great, thanks everybody. [Smile]

dawnmaria, I'll be thinking of you, we went through it too, I well remember the anguish.

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T. Analog Kid
Member # 381

- posted      Profile for T. Analog Kid   Email T. Analog Kid         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll update when I have one, but it may be a while... right now it's just waiting for my wife to decide whether the good points of staying outweigh the good points of leaving. I've done what I can. She says she's still "ambivalent". [Confused]
Posts: 2112 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Wasn't on the list, but Mooselet's next appointment is August 5th. We'll update then with whatever we learn.
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

hugs to all. I'm doing somewhat better but it is slow. We have a friend who is running a jujitsu class at our house and I can only sit and watch right now.

AJ

graywolfe
Member # 3852

- posted      Profile for graywolfe   Email graywolfe         Edit/Delete Post 
Good lord,

I thought I was the only one going through hell. A close family friend committed suicide last month, and my grandmother died last week.

But the rest of you are also going through it. (((((((((Everybody))))))))))

Good lord that's bloody awful, I hope Saudade is okay. My family can understand, I lost a younger sister and older brother the same way [Frown] , but it doesn't compare to how deeply it must hurt for a parent [Frown] .

Anyway I hope she's okay.

Btw-on the topic of Mono, the two of you who have it need to take it seriously. I'm sure you are, just don't consider it some unusual, awful situation that will lay you down for a couple of months. I have an absolutely horrible story about it, but I probably shouldn't mention it while you're still afflicted with it.

I just hope everyone heals very, very soon.

Posts: 752 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KEGE
Member # 424

Belle,

Glad to hear your husband is getting better. We all need such brave people in this world!

AJ,

Glad you are better, but don't push things too soon. Take it easy and take good care of yourself.

dawnmaria,

Barring any infertility/medical issues, it seems everyone I know ends up conceiving when they are NOT trying to have a baby! Enjoy your relationship as a couple to its utmost. There will be no going back to that relationship once you have a family. While you are loving your lives as a couple is usually when you'll end up expecting baby!

T.Analog,

((((hugs)))) Just do your best. I am living proof of the (seemingly trite) saying: "If you love something, set it free. If it comes back to you it was really yours in the first place if not ...." Letting go (NOT giving up) shows a true selfless love for your spouse, wanting their happiness above your own. You don't stop loving her or stop working on the marriage (with counseling maybe), but don't hold too tightly or desperately. I'm not presuming to be any expert, just hoping to give any advice I can to someone who's suffering! [Smile] [Smile]

Posts: 874 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T. Analog Kid
Member # 381

Thanks, KEGE... that's precisely what I'm trying to do right now. Unfortunately finding a balance is hard-- whenever I try to be a neutral observer for her, she takes it as me "giving up". I am learning to walk the line of being objective without seeming discouraging.

I am hopeful, though, that her apparent fear of my giving up means that she really doesn't want to go.

To all the others on this list... you have my prayers and well-wishes (I thought it went without saying, but I figured I'd best be sure!).

[ July 27, 2003, 12:40 PM: Message edited by: T. Analog Kid ]

KEGE
Member # 424

T.Analog,

You're right. The fact that she IS still there means that she doesn't really want to leave. You can't be a "neutral observer" for her - impossible, you are too invested in the relationship. And that's a good thing, too!

hang in there! [Smile]

Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
Hang in there, one and all.
Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
asQmh
Member # 4590

- posted      Profile for asQmh   Email asQmh         Edit/Delete Post 
Pray for Lissande and her mission in Prague and her family in general. She's doing great stuff and I'm sure sometimes she just needs some encouragement.

Q.

Posts: 499 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toretha
Member # 2233

- posted      Profile for Toretha   Email Toretha         Edit/Delete Post 
*quietly raises hand* my complaint is minor next to yalls-but I've had the most miserable cold/cough/sore throat/complete exhaustion thing for two weeks now. I could use some prayers, since it doesn't seem to be getting better on its own
Posts: 3493 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zotto!
Member # 4689

- posted      Profile for Zotto!   Email Zotto!         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Everybody)))

Get well soon, etc.

Posts: 1595 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
I feel so bad because I didn't know about Dallin being hurt. I'm glad he's okay.
Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

Hey toretha, if your lymph nodes are swollen go to the doc. That's how my mono started.

((toretha))

AJ

(Incidentally I took three days off of work this week and just came back today but I feel much, much better!)

AJ

asQmh
Member # 4590

quote:
Hey toretha, if your lymph nodes are swollen go to the doc.
I double second that. Lymph nodes are crazy things. Usually it's nothing, but when it's something, it's really something.

Q.

Posts: 499 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gwynaria
Member # 5365

- posted      Profile for Gwynaria   Email Gwynaria         Edit/Delete Post 
Add me in; over the past two weeks I have injured my neck muscles, which then caused problems with my back. Don't ask me how this happened - I woke up in the morning not being able to move my head with the pain. The neck is better, but now it's hard to raise my torso without pain running up the right side of my back. I've been in physical therapy, and it seems both exercise and ibuprofen has helped, but it sucks that I'm getting this during my vacation.
Posts: 70 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
asQmh
Member # 4590

I have a request.

In February, my dad was diagnosed with both asbestosis and sillicosis. He's been undergoing evaluation for the last several months to determine extent and severity. Friday he was told that his only shot is a lung transplant.

It's not likely that he's a candidate because of the nature of the condition. And even if he were, he's not sure it's something he wants to pursue. I'm meeting with him and his transplant physician today. Next week we're meeting with his lawyers; he wants to make sure his affairs are in order and I'm terrified that I'll be made executor of the will.

Anyhow, we'd appreciate the prayers.

Q.

Kasie H
Member # 2120

- posted      Profile for Kasie H   Email Kasie H         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Q)))

Not really sure what to say, but I'm thinking of you.

Posts: 1784 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

[Group Hug] Q and Gwynarnia [Group Hug]

I'm about at 85% of normal I think. Work isn't as bad as it was last week. I still get tired if I do too much but my rebound time is getting quicker. So this week appears to be better than last week, and much, much better than the week before. Hopefully I'll be back to normal by the Wierd Al concert... otherwise I may sit out the mini-golf.

AJ

Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, Q! [Frown]

(((((Q)))))

Was it a workplace related condition? Maybe you can get some help with the medical bills, if you need it?

I'm so sorry. [Frown] It sounds like things are really rough.

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
asQmh
Member # 4590

I appreciate it.

We heard today that the lung transplant is a no-go. Too many risks/complications/etc.

My dad is completely at peace with it. We, his family, are not.

As best as can be told, it's a condition that developed from his years in the navy as well as from the fact that he owns a plumbing company - and therefore has been involved with plumbing for more than 40 years.

It's hard because I found out about his condition about the same time I got my current job and relocated to Tennessee. He's still in Arkansas. I get to see him, but not as often.

Anyway, things are just stressed in my family. Three weeks after we found out about his condition, I was diagnosed with form of leukemia. Three weeks before this latest revelation with my dad, my great-grandad (the only granddad I've ever known) was put in the hospital and expected to die by the end of the week. That same week, I started chemo. He's still around, alternately fighting and failing - he's a stubborn old goat and I love him dearly.

It amazes me how things pile up, but we will get through it. None of us know how right now, but we will. God has done amazing things so far, so many I can't begin to list them (But I'll try sometime - I hate to focus on the bad when there's so much good).

Thanks.

Q.

KEGE
Member # 424

Q I am so sorry! All of our prayers are with you and all of your family.
[Group Hug]

katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh my goodness. [Group Hug] Q [Group Hug] I'm sorry.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
Q, our prayers are with you also.

**Ela**

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
[Group Hug] [Group Hug] [Group Hug] asQmh [Group Hug] [Group Hug] [Group Hug]

[Frown]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, the urologist at Children's Hospital is very happy about all Mooselet's test results. We felt a little rushed, and forgot to ask all our questions (write 'em down!), so there are still things of which we're uncertain. But apparently none of them are by any means crucial.

The most important thing as far as the doc was concerned was that there was no dilation, indicating that there wasn't a remaining blockage, at least not to an important degree. Mooselet is staying on the antibiotics at least until the next appointment (November), for which we'll be doing another ultrasound but not another VCUG -- big "yay" from Mooselet on that one.

However, when we got home from the appointment, I took his temp, and it was 103.3 (a pretty good radio station, but a bad fever). It was around 101 last night, and we gave him Tylenol followed by Motrin a few hours later. 100.4 when he woke up this morning, and he was in a good mood. Not so much when we got home.

Doesn't appear to be another UTI (based on the urine dip), but they're doing a culture anyway. Because of his history with them, we can't be too careful.

Other side note of good news -- the urologist at Children's Hospital is going to begin working out of an office that's about 20 minutes from our home instead of the hour (only in trafficless L.A., not always available) to Children's. That will make future visits much easier, and for that we are thankful.

Thoughts and prayers for those Hatrackers still hurting. (((Y'all)))

--Pop

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KEGE
Member # 424

Papa Moose,

How old is Mooselet? What exactly is going on with him?

Write down your questions and then call the pediatrician or pediatric urologist and ask the nurse for a call back from the doctor.

With a little one, who cares if you sound like a neurotic, pushy parent - as long as you get all your questions answered to YOUR satisfaction.

[Group Hug] everyone, esp. Q [Group Hug]

KEGE
Member # 424

Papa Moose,

Found the Mooselet thread. Sounds much better than original prognosis. Still, lots of hugs!

Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
(((All the Mooses)))
Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

And now for some good news. I have a clean bill of health (almost). My body appears to have beaten the mono,my spleen and liver have returned to their normal size and I am back to probably 95% of normal. I think the last 5% that I lost may be the result of sitting on my rear for so long. I now have the energy to want to excercise, so I'm going to start doing so in moderation.

The only part of me that is questionable are my tonsils. They are still kind of cruddy. Apparently sometimes the mononucleosis virus just fries them and they are never the same. The instant I go off of antibiotics, my throat gets sore and my eustachian tubes get fluid in them. So I may have to have them out before the end of the year. On the other hand, since I've already met my insurance deductibles the procedure will be basically free.

I'm very happy to be feeling like a normal human being again. I've been able to keep up better with routine housecleaning and we are making slow but steady progress on projects in the house we just moved into.

Thank you all for being so supportive when I was feeling so out of it!

AJ

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
That's great! [Big Grin] Hope that last 5% shows up soon. (You know it will be where you least expect it. [Wink] )
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
That's great news, AJ! Now post something else as funny as your "nair" post. Get to work, missy! [Smile]
Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KEGE
Member # 424

Very good news AJ. Just don't overdo too soon.

It's hardest remembering to still take care of yourself when you're 95% better!

[Smile]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.