FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hatrack Mafia Ghost Lounge (Page 5)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Hatrack Mafia Ghost Lounge
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
duct tape and a lot of prayer
[Eek!]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
Say Ryuko, got a California roll?
Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Head Ditch Digger
Member # 5085

- posted      Profile for Head Ditch Digger   Email Head Ditch Digger         Edit/Delete Post 
Not since my honeym...oh, you mean the food.
Posts: 1244 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
Hello everybody !
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
(grin) Hello!!!

And, sure, Eslaine! (reveals a plate of sushi) Have some. ^_^ Being a ghost is fun!

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Youth ap Orem
Member # 5582

- posted      Profile for Youth ap Orem   Email Youth ap Orem         Edit/Delete Post 
Hell-o! [Evil]
Posts: 290 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eslaine
Member # 5433

::once again dons apron, dims the lights for the comfort of the spirit folk::

rivka, you're dead. And you were a citizen!

Ryan, Troub, open bar. [Cool]

Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

- posted      Profile for msquared   Email msquared         Edit/Delete Post 
Rivka seems a police at heart.

msquared

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Nah, loud-mouthed townie was more fun than cop. [Big Grin] No need to keep a low profile.

I hear y'all serve California rolls here. I love those. And I'll take a shot of Sabra, please.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
*brings in French Silk Pie*

Party for the ghosts! Pie for everyone! Three cheers for chocolate! Woooo Hoo!
[Party]
(or would that be "freedom" silk pie?) [Wink]

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

*eyes light up*

Yum! Thanks, Eruve.

Feyd Baron
Member # 1407

- posted      Profile for Feyd Baron   Email Feyd Baron         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, if somehow I don't make it here in fact, know I'm with you all in spirit.

Feyd Baron, DoC

Posts: 1000 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

Aw yeah... And as a ghost, I need not worry about the poundage!!!! ^_^
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
Ryuko! I didn't think of that!
*eats more pie*
(I love this stuff....too bad I'm not actually eating it. *sniff*)

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eslaine
Member # 5433

I'll have a slice of that! [Big Grin]
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

- posted      Profile for newfoundlogic   Email newfoundlogic         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi.
Posts: 3446 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryan Hart
Member # 5513

- posted      Profile for Ryan Hart           Edit/Delete Post 
Walks in. Hello everyone.

::orders a rum::

Posts: 650 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
hey kids.

mind if i tidy up a bit while i still have a physical form?

my dear baron, that was awful.

Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Hey, BARKEEP!
Troubadour
Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Troubadour   Email Troubadour         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi.

I'm dead.

But I did good! [Big Grin]

Posts: 2245 | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey eslaine, how about one of those world-famous chocolate milkshakes?

I'm avoiding homework, and need something to occupy my time. [Smile]

Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

You sure did, Troubs!

It was an honor to be slain by one of your bullets. [Wink]

Anna
Member # 2582

Troubs, I'm sorry I suspected you. Welcome here !
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Troubadour
Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Troubadour   Email Troubadour         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks guys! I played the best game I could in my sneakiest possible fashion!
Posts: 2245 | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

You did well. Now that some policemen are dead, I hope the other to think to look at what they voted before being killed...
msquared
Member # 4484

Troub and blackwolve,

What do you think of our strategy? Trying to get people to not lynch and then checking on those who voted? Over all I think it went very well. We seem to have gotten at least 6 mafia in only 6 or 7 lynchings. True, one lynching was headed by Rivka with out our confirming the mafia person, so we got lucky there, but over all I think it went very well. I think we only had two non-mafia responses.

msquared

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

Hey, if ghosts go through things, and things go through ghosts, then can ghosts wear clothes? [Confused] Are all us ghosts not wearing anything?
*shrieks and covers herself* [Angst]

[ October 02, 2003, 12:39 PM: Message edited by: Eruve Nandiriel ]

Ryuko
Member # 5125

No, No, we wear ghostly clothes. If you want to be wearing clothes, you are. Toga party!!!

(togas)

eslaine
Member # 5433

0_0
Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
<walks in with his head under his arm>

Didn't look like a particularly big rabbit...

Barkeep, I'll take a Stewart's Root Beer and a needle and thread if you've got them.

Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patsy
Member # 5699

- posted      Profile for Patsy   Email Patsy         Edit/Delete Post 
m2, I think next time, the object of the game is going to be a little different. I'm thinking that the object of the game will be for the policemen to make sure the mafia is lynched, and for the mafia to kill all the policemen. Once one side or the other is killed, the game is over.

And we may play on Troubadour's board, so I can have edit powers. I'd love to have a Halloween Haunted House themed game, but with my daughter having surgery, I can't do it then. So maybe early November.

Posts: 68 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

yeah, i was discussing some of the possibilities with troubs last. very fun stuff. and m2, we were so hoping that you'd actually talk everyone into abstaining. *evil grin*
Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eslaine
Member # 5433

::swish and flick!::

::sports busty new toga::

::swish and flick::

::All previous orders are filled. A sewing kit also sits in front of Sopwith::

msquared
Member # 4484

Cecila,

Yeah right. If the mafia had not had two kills a day this week we would still have three more townies and the mafia would be dust by now. The mod felt sorry for you lame excuses for the mob. She thought she had the head of the Gambino family and all she got was a two bit enforcer. [Smile]

Why would you guys hope that I would convince every one to abstain? You lost four mafia the first week? I have only played one other game, but I know in that one we were 3-4 days before the first mafia was brought down. If we had stayed at one mafia hit per day there is no way the mafia would even be close to winning this game.

Please give me the reasoning behind it.

msquared

celia60
Member # 2039

because we know what happens if you abstain, ms. quared.

[ October 02, 2003, 03:15 PM: Message edited by: celia60 ]

msquared
Member # 4484

A townie dies, but the police have an obvious target to ask about. I think you are blowing smoke.

msquared(who is a guy)

celia60
Member # 2039

i know you're a guy, but if you cannot be bothered to spell my name, i cannot be bothered to spell yours.

abstaining after the first few days suites neither of our interests, but knowing what happens if you all decided not to vote, well, i guess you'll never know. it would have been so grand.

msquared
Member # 4484

Opps sorry about that. Fingers are too big for the keyboard. Yeah, that's my story and I'm sticking with it. Yeah, and my wife, Morgan Fairchild.

msquared

Sopwith
Member # 4640

<sews his head back on while looking in the mirror over the bar, halfway whistling as he works>
Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

wow, no one's ever used a landmark post to apologize to me before!
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, I was very surprised to see that abstaining was PERMITTED in this game. I proposed abstensions in the very first game I played -- in which I was Godfather, mind you -- because it seemed like such a blindingly obvious thing for the townies to do that I figured suggesting it and sticking with it (I never once voted for an innocent person, even though I was mafia) would make an excellent cover. Even though we lost two of our members to the serial killer -- by accident -- in the first two rounds, leaving us with all of three mafia against (IIRC) fifteen townies, we wound up winning.

In fact, the instant I saw msquared propose it, I was almost CERTAIN he was mafia -- although I must admit that his tone contributed to that, too. [Smile]

Anyway, I'm a big fan of requiring that everyone has to vote for SOMEONE, every round. That's the single best house rule I can come up with, IMO.

[ October 02, 2003, 03:44 PM: Message edited by: TomDavidson ]

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

tom, you'd have liked it. [Evil]
msquared
Member # 4484

You see it is a good strategy. Not as much in a Godfather game, but still a good idea. The numbers support me on this.

msquared

msquared
Member # 4484

Oh and Tom,

As usual you were wrong about me. He thinks I am mafia when I am really police. Why wouldn't the police put forth this idea?

msquared

celia60
Member # 2039

oh, it's a brilliant strategy that sucks all the fun out of the game.

i do hope you talk the next batch of townies into it. [Evil]

Sopwith
Member # 4640

I agree with Tom and I've played on both sides now. Everyone should be required to vote each day. Sorry but just trying to figure out how to mathematically win the game takes a lot of the fun out of it.

And isn't it supposed to be about fun?

That's why, even as a townie this time around, I voted each turn.

ACHOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

<Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiip, thwap, ow, thwap, ow, thwap>

Okay, do we have any stronger thread here in the bar?

celia60
Member # 2039

oh, trust me, Sopwith, they'd only do it once. [ROFL]
Feyd Baron
Member # 1407

- posted      Profile for Feyd Baron   Email Feyd Baron         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll bring you some industrial strength nylon thread in the morning Sopwith.

Feyd Baron, DoC

Posts: 1000 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

Sopwith, I understand your concern and have no problem with the rules requiring it. As I said in the very begining, this would only work once.

Celia,

You are still blowing smoke.

msquared

celia60
Member # 2039

try it next time and see.

btw, thanks for being so bad at being dead, we'd have had a much harder time catching your partners if you'd just stayed quiet.

[ October 02, 2003, 04:09 PM: Message edited by: celia60 ]

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.