FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » This time the FBI has gone too far

Author Topic: This time the FBI has gone too far
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
It's a sad day for the country. [Frown]
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alucard...
Member # 4924

- posted      Profile for Alucard...   Email Alucard...         Edit/Delete Post 
Between Hatrack, Slashdot, Yahoo and a few other harmless sites, I may be labeled a bit odd, but no terrorist.

Still, I fully expect SOME faction of the government to have this ability. The temptation is just too great to not exploit the internet. I am just a little shocked that the FBI might admit this so freely. Which could also mean that their abilities may not be so grandiose, and that they are trying to put fear into the hearts of our enemies.

This is not a counter, just an aside.

Posts: 1870 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
It'd be something if they followed you back here, or to your desktop!

[Smile]

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
Storm, that is one creepy/funny animation on that link.

I wonder just how much info the government really has on Internet usage.
If they get too effective at gathering it, they are in danger of total information overload and paralysis. FBI--> [Wall Bash] [Evil Laugh] <--terrorist

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
Heh. You can sneak around the eyes by pointing at the taskbar and then sticking to the edges of the screen.

easily bypassed . . .

Hey! This is legit!

[Big Grin]

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alucard...
Member # 4924

- posted      Profile for Alucard...   Email Alucard...         Edit/Delete Post 
Icarus,

I too found ways to hide from the roving eyeballs. For far too many moments to argue against insanity, I sat gleefully dragging my pointer around the screen watching the eyeballs hurrying to keep up.

I even got them to cross eyes once and laughed out loud.

Considering I usually only post while at work, I am wondering if I need a psych eval anytime soon...

[Monkeys]

Posts: 1870 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Danzig
Member # 4704

- posted      Profile for Danzig   Email Danzig         Edit/Delete Post 
As I usually do not turn on Javascript, I missed the joke entirely. [Smile]
Posts: 1364 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Darth Ender
Member # 7694

- posted      Profile for Darth Ender           Edit/Delete Post 
How far is far enough!
Posts: 134 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.