FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » ieSpell

Author Topic: ieSpell
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
When in doubt, check it out. [ROFL]

http://www.iespell.com/

I would like to apologize for my scrappiness yesterday. I knew I was in a scrappy mood. My husband appreciates the fact that I used my powers for evil here and not on him.

Some thoughts of life I received recently.

1. The early bird still has to eat worms.

2. If you are the worm, getting up early doesn't pay.

3. Don't argue with an idiot, people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

4. Wouldn't it be nice if whenever we messed up our life we could simply press 'Ctrl Alt Delete' and start all over?

5. Stress is when you wake up screaming and then you realize you haven't fallen asleep yet.

6. My husband says I never listen to him ... at least I think that's what he said.

7. Brain cells come and brain cells go, but fat cells live forever.

[Group Hug]

Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((((Kayla)))))

You've completely shot the illusion that you're tough, Kayla. It's gone. Toast. *poof* Scary Google skills notwithstanding, you're a cupcake.

Excellent.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

Tough? Me?

:snort: I'm afraid of the telephone!

[ROFL]

Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
You make me feel like I'm a failure of a grammar Nazi, Kayla. Sure, I've got the grammar part down, but I'm a pretty bad Nazi.

That said, I'm constantly annoyed when people spell something incorrectly and then follow it with "(sp?)." I always want to say something snappy afterwards, like, "Hello, you're on the FREAKING INTERNET. Try DICTIONARY.COM." But I almost always restrain myself.

Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

And that's because you, like another notorious Hatracker [is], are disgustingly nice. [Smile]
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

[Blushing] Aw, shucks. [Blushing]

You really need to come to Utah sometime, Kat. I still owe you a Jamba Juice.

Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

I'll return someday. [Smile]
Kayla
Member # 2403

Wait, is that other "notorious Hatracker" me?!?

[Dont Know] [ROFL]

Jon Boy
Member # 4284

[Roll Eyes]

No, the other notorious "disgustingly nice" Hatracker is none other than my wonderful wife-to-be.

Not that you're not notorious, Kayla. You're just notorious for other reasons.

saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
Dude, I think we can gather from the emoticons she used that Kayla's post was a joke.

Need to tweak that meter again, Juanito?

Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

No, I just like to respond to Kayla seriously because it weirds her out and then she thinks I'm offended or something. It's quite fun. You should try it sometime.
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the tip! I'll give it a shot some time.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

Actually, I misread Kat's post. I thought it said unlike another notorious Hatracker. . .

Hence, I thought Kat was saying that I was notoriously unnice. [Wink]

[Laugh] Der.

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you, Kayla! It looks to be very useful. [Smile]

quote:
That said, I'm constantly annoyed when people spell something incorrectly and then follow it with "(sp?)." I always want to say something snappy afterwards, like, "Hello, you're on the FREAKING INTERNET. Try DICTIONARY.COM."
Well, I don't entirely disagree -- I keep a dictionary on my computer desk. But for those who don't have one within easy reach, and who have dialup, and waaay too many windows already open [Big Grin] , opening another to check out an online dictionary can be asking a lot. :shrug:
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

It's a spelling program. Not a grammar program!

[Evil Laugh]

tabithecat
Member # 5228

- posted      Profile for tabithecat   Email tabithecat         Edit/Delete Post 
some us just really can't spell [Cry]
and I carry my pocket dictionary with me everywhere!

Posts: 122 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

Okay, click on the link, download the program and then there is no need to carry the dictionary. [Wink] Or do you post from the library?
asQmh
Member # 4590

- posted      Profile for asQmh   Email asQmh         Edit/Delete Post 
Aw man! I'm a Mac user . . . I've only had this functionality since the introduction of Safari. . . ^_~ (Actually, in OS X, we have built in spell checking EVERYWHERE, but I digress).

Kayla, you're spiffy. And you share a name with one of my favorite people in the entire world (no, she's not ME, but she's cool, nonetheless).

And I loved the quotes. Hilarious.

Q.

Posts: 499 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tabithecat
Member # 5228

- posted      Profile for tabithecat   Email tabithecat         Edit/Delete Post 
thanks so kind.
Posts: 122 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Ok, I have now tried ieSpell, and for the most part, I like it! Thanks again, Kayla. [Big Grin]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

Actually, the link is courtesy of Leto.

[The Wave]

Way to go John. [Kiss]

[ August 06, 2003, 01:01 PM: Message edited by: Kayla ]

Kayla
Member # 2403

[Razz] [ROFL]
rivka
Member # 4859

Well, then thank you Leto and Kayla. [Big Grin] I'm liking it more the more I use it, too!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.