FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Smilies as curse words.

Author Topic: Smilies as curse words.
Geoffrey Card
Member # 1062

- posted      Profile for Geoffrey Card   Email Geoffrey Card         Edit/Delete Post 
I am so [Kiss] ing sick of all these [Evil Laugh] new smilies! It's like no one can write two [Kiss] ing paragraphs without throwing in some piece-of- [Mad] little graphic. You know who you are, you sons of [No No] es! You can take your little smilies and go straight to [Evil] ! [Kiss] ing [Taunt] holes, all of you!

Heh heh. Just kidding.

Posts: 2048 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Good heavens, Geoff. What the [Eek!] are you doing?
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm kind of curious what [Evil Laugh] stood for in that little rant. [Razz]
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Punchdrunk
Member # 2654

- posted      Profile for Punchdrunk   Email Punchdrunk         Edit/Delete Post 
Ow! My [ROFL] ing ears!
Posts: 519 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
[No No] [No No]

Double Deuce.

Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, [Group Hug] you!
Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
[The Wave] this. I'm going home.
Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
Eddie - I don't even know what that meant and it cracked me up.
Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geoffrey Card
Member # 1062

- posted      Profile for Geoffrey Card   Email Geoffrey Card         Edit/Delete Post 
It's a Strong Bad thing. His favorite method of flipping the bird is the "double deuce", or two-handed bird-flip. You can see Japanese Strong Bad doing it on one of the homestarrunner.com front pages, though his boxing gloves make it kind of hard to recognize ...
Posts: 2048 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

::smacks forehead::

Of course it was.

Well, [No No] me.

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
Don't worry about explaining things to her, Geoff. She's just kissing butt because she's my new minion.

[edit: the smilie looks better if you hit esc and pause it.]

[ August 05, 2003, 07:19 PM: Message edited by: Frisco ]

Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Such language!!!!
[ROFL]

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Ha! It's kind of like when videos were a new thing, and the people making them hadn't yet figured out that just because they had the power to insert cheesy special effects didn't mean that doing so was a good idea.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geoffrey Card
Member # 1062

http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail24.html

For Ralphie.

mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

I'm deciding whether or not I should admit I'd seen that before, and forgot about the Double Deuce.

At any rate, thanks Geoff. [Smile]

The Silverblue Sun
Member # 1630

- posted      Profile for The Silverblue Sun   Email The Silverblue Sun         Edit/Delete Post 
Back to you!

Doom-Doom-tatllum-doehaledoehale-"the system is down"

This one is for my pretty homey Katharina!

Posts: 2752 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
OH [Smile] ! You guys are all so [Cool] !!! Why you gotta do this to me, you [Wave] -ed [Big Grin] -ers!

Wait... Am I not doing this right?

[ROFL] it!!!

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laurenz0
Member # 5336

- posted      Profile for Laurenz0   Email Laurenz0         Edit/Delete Post 
Bizzare. Truely bizzare. You guys are all a bunch of silver smily faces. evil face holes.
Posts: 247 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Arnold
Member # 3192

- posted      Profile for Glenn Arnold   Email Glenn Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, I thought this was a moderated forum.

Or you can get away with anything if your last name is Card?

(Haven't used a smilie yet)

Posts: 3735 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
* [Kiss] ing bump*

[ August 30, 2004, 05:19 AM: Message edited by: imogen ]

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
When I saw this, I thought that Geoff was coming back as himself. Write the [Kiss] landmark, Geoff!
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pepek
Member # 3773

- posted      Profile for Pepek   Email Pepek         Edit/Delete Post 
I've never used a smiley myself.. and generally hate smilies, but this has to be the funniest thread i've ever seen.. it makes it 10 times funnier coming from Geoff. -- Hey when was the last time Scott posted something? I guess the guys too busy for us now, writing movies, directing plays and all that good stuff... *tears*.. well.. alright, this will be the first time I ever use a smiley and probably the last, and I will ussseeeee... the censorship smiley!

[Monkeys] you Orson!

-Jack Montague

[ August 30, 2004, 05:37 AM: Message edited by: Pepek ]

Posts: 690 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for [Confused] ing bumping that! It was so [Wall Bash] funny that I thought I'd [Hail] my pants!

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
For the love of all that is [Mad] ing well good and pure in this world, it's

"SMILEY"

[Embarrassed] -licking, mother [Mad] ing, [Wall Bash] -munching [Mad] !!!

GAH!

[ August 30, 2004, 08:45 AM: Message edited by: twinky ]

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, it occured to me that [Taunt] could be construed as an indecent proposal.

[Big Grin]

-Trevor

Edit: Or an indecent act, which means I'll never look at the smilie in the same way again. [Big Grin]

[ August 30, 2004, 10:10 AM: Message edited by: TMedina ]

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
Methinks Geoff should avoid that [Embarrassed] in' Hug thread at all costs.
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
For a second, I thought this was his landmark. [Razz]
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
For a second, I thought I was in [Big Grin] ing trouble.

[ August 30, 2004, 11:10 AM: Message edited by: mackillian ]

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
Holy [Eek!] , mack, quiet down, you want to [ROFL] ing get the Elders on your tail?

[ August 30, 2004, 11:19 AM: Message edited by: advice for robots ]

Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zevlag
Member # 1405

- posted      Profile for Zevlag           Edit/Delete Post 
[Evil Laugh]

LOL

I love it. So hillarious.

Posts: 2102 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
What the [Hat] ?
Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.