FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Overall Rant Thread (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Overall Rant Thread
Zotto!
Member # 4689

- posted      Profile for Zotto!   Email Zotto!         Edit/Delete Post 
Boy, I'm glad someone else found that ending dang disturbing. My friends just laughed at it, but I have a vivid imagination. WHAT IF THAT HAPPENED IN REAL LIFE? *cowers* LOL. [Big Grin]

By the way, thanks for that hug, Ryu. I needed one. [Smile]

[ August 08, 2003, 03:04 AM: Message edited by: Zotto! ]

Posts: 1595 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ak
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for ak   Email ak         Edit/Delete Post 
All of you just need to take out numbers in the rantlist for these things and they will instantly cease to bother you and your lives will become filled with light and joy forever!
Posts: 2843 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
I wish life were easier. That's my rant. I nkow it's short, but I don't think I can put anything else into words.
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
"I wish I looked like Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt and Orlando Bloom"

Yikes, what if the Evil Genie granted your wish! She could do a serious number on you.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
I sure could use some pants.
Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Again, Book, be careful. Evil Genie could get you some pants.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

- posted      Profile for Zalmoxis           Edit/Delete Post 
Posts: 3423 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

9?
Posts: 3423 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

My rant is this:

No one cares about my Church of Universal Love and Music thread, darn it, and there is such potential for discussi0n on what makes a church a church, and how evil it is to take advantage of churchness. Then, Zalmoxis keeps throwing these numbers out in this thread, like it is some secret code that I don't get, yet another one, and I think, fine, just fine, I will stay in the Crappy Superheroes thread, and the Lyrics thread, and never post a new post thread again. Waaaaaaaaaaah for me.

Oh, and I agreed to go out to dinner with another family tonight, and it is a more expensive restaurant than I thought, and I don't really have the money to go, but I am going anyway and will suffer for it next week.

ak
Member # 90

37 and 9 are both available, Zalmoxis. <laughs> But you must let us know what they mean, or at least you must let ME know, so I can enter them properly and ease your heart. As for now I have registered 37 and 9 as Zalmoxis' mystery rants numbers 1 and 2. [Smile]
Posts: 2843 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

Sorry. I was trying to see if I could hit one of the numbers on anne kate's rant list without actually having the list in hand. You know, kind of like battleship but where instead of a finite grid you have an infinite number of integers to guess from. I'm a cranky guy so, you know, anything that I hit is probably going to be something I'd rant about anyway.

And I figured low numbers would be more likely than say 278,349.

EDIT: Shoot. Missed both times. Eh, I was never very good at battleship anyway.

[ August 09, 2003, 04:44 PM: Message edited by: Zalmoxis ]

ak
Member # 90

Zalmoxis, the probability of you hitting an existing rant number is zero, since there is currently a finite list of rants and an infinite list of integers to choose from. <laughs> 278,349 is also available, as it needs must be, given the odds. I have reserved it as Zalmoxis' mystery rant number 3.

[ August 09, 2003, 04:53 PM: Message edited by: ak ]

ak
Member # 90

There are currently 29 rants in the list, by nine different ranters, and of course there are aleph null integers to choose from. Get them while they're hot, people! [Smile]

[ August 09, 2003, 04:53 PM: Message edited by: ak ]

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Ah, now I get it. If my rant was about somethng I ddn't get, but now do, will my rant number be entered or not?

Zalmoxis, I your hit-or-miss style of ranting.I am sure that I, too, could do well using your method, especially on certain grumpy days. Sooo...

69!!!

Oh, no, not that.

48!!!

Yup. 48.

Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, Elizabeth - I was going to follow you around and remind you of the ten-spot you owe me, but the very fact that you not only read my E-vile Genie wishes but ALSO mentioned them in another thread makes me almost magnanimous enough to forget about my money.

Almost.

If you enjoyed Ralphie's "E-vile Genie" posts, be sure to check out her Jack Chick tract MST3k parodies in The Silverblue Sun's "Mellow" thread! They're Chickolicious!

--This shameless plug was made, with love, by Ralphie

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

"You know, Elizabeth - I was going to follow you around and remind you of the ten-spot you owe me,"

Ralphie, I think I feel another rant coming on...
It really bothers me when people threaten to follow me around and then don't. If they actually did, they would, in fact, find me in the thread about the Church of Universal Love and Music. I would, in fact, promise another ten pretend dollars to the person who did that. Yet, they don't really follow me at all, they just threaten to, and try to further their own thread-reading need. I really hate that.

Ralphie
Member # 1565

Okay, well - you asked for it:

Give me my money, Ho.

And go read my parodies.

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ak
Member # 90

Oddly enough, 69 is taken! Fancy that! I thought I just proved that the probability of you picking an integer that was already taken was zero. If it's zero it should mean you can't do it no matter how hard you try.

Oh, but wait! You started to pick 69, then changed it to 48, which, in fact, is still available. Shall I enter 48 as Paula's mystery rant? It is done!

As for the efficacy of mystery rants in freeing the soul from anger and lifting spiritual burdens to allow joy and light to permeate one's entire being, it is untried. Zalmoxis and Paula, if you don't find yourself to be cleansed of this anger, it may be necessary for you to actually tell me of what you are ranting, so that I may enter it into the list in the proper, road tested method.

Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
I hate it when people do shameless plugs without a link. Like it's not bad enough that we've been guilted into looking at something, but on top of that, we have to go hunt it down!

I also hate the fact that I'm too dorkish to figure out how to even look at what was being shamelessly plugged! It is normal sized for a nano second and then the whole thing shrinks down to a column about 1/2" wide! [Grumble]

My eyes are bad enough, but I couldn't even read that with the hubble telescope!

[Grumble] [Grumble]

Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

"Give me my money, Ho."

Ralphie, I believe it is the "ho" who demands the money.

So: Rant # 18,234 to you!

Kayla
Member # 2403

[Laugh] Elizabeth has the 69th post. [Wink]
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ak
Member # 90

18234 Elizabeth's mystery rant
<ding> duly registered.

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

" Elizabeth has the 69th post."

Really? That is too weird, because I just joked about it. So, see, I may have missed Rant #69, but I won in the end. Or lost.

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Ralphie,
I tried to read your cartoon, but it kept disapearing. Can you send it to me?

edob63@yahoo.com

Rant # 32,003:
I can't read Ralphie's cartoon!!!!!!!!

Kayla
Member # 2403

I hate it when people rant about something that has been prviously ranted about like it is original. [Razz]
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I hate it when I rant about something, and then someone makes fun of it, and then I realize that I misspelled a word. I really hate that.
Kayla
Member # 2403

I would like to take this opportunity to rant about Elizabeth. She's really getting on my nerves.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I would like to rant about Kayla ranting about me, or wanting to, but I won't, due to the fact that she posted in my Church of Universal Love and Music Thread. Instead, I am putting her on the payroll, along with Ralphie.
Ralphie
Member # 1565

Elizabeth - disappearing?

I'd rant against disappearing comics, but I have no clue how it could possibly disappear.

And it's da Pimp dat smacks da bling from da lizzadie hoes. Everybody knows that, Elizabeth.

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Ralphie: Ha ha ha. Ok, I'll pay.

The disappearing thing might be my computer, which is so full of my husband's live music downloads that it runs at the rate of a snail. (I would rant further about his downloading addiction, if I did not benefit from it.)(and don't worry, it's not the illegal stuff, all taper-friendly bands)

At any rate, Ralphie, the comic comes up, and then it goes away. No amount of hitting the Refresh button(which I just learned about yesterday-I would like to rant about the fact that no one told me about it) would help.

Kayla
Member # 2403

Hey! I ranted about the disappearing comics first!! [Grumble]

I'm now ranting about Ralphie. How dare she allow this n00b Elizabeth to usurp my place as a "favorite unpaid caboose kisser, eternally Ralphie's," otherwise known as a. . .well. . . nevermind. [Embarrassed]

But still, that's my place!

[Grumble]

Ralphie
Member # 1565

Kayla, Elizabeth - Try these links:

The Party Girl

Bad Bob!

And if you still can't access them and/or do not find them funny, then you'll know from ranting.

So, you know, lie.

Kayla
Member # 2403

Thanks Ralphie!

[Big Grin] [ROFL] [The Wave] [Hail] [Cool]

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I shall now rant about myself.

While I think of myself as a thorough reader, and stick to only a few threads, because I am also a slow reader, I have disappointed myself greatly. Kayla, no wonder you wanted to rant about me! I, clueless as can be, was unaware of the unreadable link you were ranting about! I went to the link only after a firm threat from Ralphie, and, shaking in my boots as I was, missed the point of your rant.

I hereby rescind my previous rant, and give you a raise on the Payroll of Payback.

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Ralphie: Ha ha. I'm laughing so hard I think I need to go to the spital!

By the way, Ralphie, I have baited you with insults in the Church of Universal Love and Music thread.

Ralphie
Member # 1565

You're missing my very brilliant stab in the Emoticon thread.

Our Insult Ships keep on passing in the night. That just ain't fittin'.

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Darn. Off I go to read it. I will be back to rant about it in a few minutes.
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
I HATE COVER LETTERS!!! [Wall Bash]
Why do these things exist?
the [Evil] invented them and is now laughing as I struggle to write this simple one page thing selling myself to the highest better.
And, I, being a goon, keep getting DISTRACTED by this message board [Dont Know]

[ August 10, 2003, 10:44 PM: Message edited by: Synesthesia ]

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ethics Gradient
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Ethics Gradient   Email Ethics Gradient         Edit/Delete Post 
I hate when Ralphie's funny.
Posts: 2945 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ak
Member # 90

32003 Elizabeth's rant: I can't read Ralphie's cartoon!!!!!
Duly registered <ding>

filetted
Member # 5048

- posted      Profile for filetted   Email filetted         Edit/Delete Post 
*gazes at the monitor with a stoney look on his face*

"what was my line again?"

Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.