FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » This Town Ain't Big Enough For The Both Of Us (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: This Town Ain't Big Enough For The Both Of Us
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
A while back I proposed that, in order to avoid confusion, people should shorten my name and Storm Saxon's name differently: I can be saxon and he can be Storm. I find it very confusing for a few moments to see a response to a statement I never made (especially when people fail to capitalize the s) until I realize they're talking to him.

It didn't seem to take. People keep calling him saxon (capitalized or other) and today I saw someone call him sax! What's next, are we going to be calling him saxy? Mr. 75? John?

I just can't deal with it anymore. You and me, Storm:

_____
 /         \
/           \
|            |
|            |
|            |
\           /
 \_____/

[ August 07, 2003, 05:02 PM: Message edited by: saxon75 ]

Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
Dude, that looks like a giant phallus! What are you proposing? [Angst] [Angst] [Angst]
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
asQmh
Member # 4590

- posted      Profile for asQmh   Email asQmh         Edit/Delete Post 
That looks like an enormous thumb. Are you guys gonna thumbwrestle? Can I watch?
Posts: 499 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jacare Sorridente
Member # 1906

- posted      Profile for Jacare Sorridente   Email Jacare Sorridente         Edit/Delete Post 
Storm Saxon can be just SS- it will help to expedite the invocation of Hitler in any important thread.
Posts: 4548 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

Does it look more octagonal now?
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought he liked to be called Stormy.
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

Seriously, I can make another nick. This is an excellent excuse to do it. I made the Storm Saxon nick as something of a joke and because people were having a hard time with the nicks I had before. I've been bored with the Storm Saxon nick for some time now. Give me a little bit to think of what to change it to, though.
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

By the way, Storm, your response was absolutely hilarious.

[Edit: I meant your first one. I really don't want to be responsible for booting you to a new name, I just think we need to get the unwashed masses under control.]

[ August 07, 2003, 05:06 PM: Message edited by: saxon75 ]

Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
See, I have the same problem with that other Bob that keeps running around here.

Watch your back, Bob, watch it good... (and the best part is, nobody knows if I'm just talking to myself or not! [Big Grin] )

Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

[Big Grin] Thanks, saxon.

I think I'm going to go back to being waltdisneysfrozenhead. I just gotta see if I can get the password back.

Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
Storm will always be Stormy to me.

saxon goes back and forth between "saxon" and "Mike."

Zalmoxis is now "Gomer" and msquared is "Don't Make Me Come Over There."

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 3262

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
[Wave]

Bobble, with me, you'll never be confused. I'll always, always call you Bobble.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 2661 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
Storm will always be Stormy to me.

saxon will always be saxy. unless he stops being funny. then he'll be suxy.

and Ralphie will always be that bimbo that called me a skank.

Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
*sniff* But waltdisneysfrozenhead is hard to shorten, and I liked Stormy.

You'll always be Stormy to me.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
waltdisneysfrozenhead
Member # 2717

- posted      Profile for waltdisneysfrozenhead   Email waltdisneysfrozenhead         Edit/Delete Post 
See, and I just want to be called either 'Walt' or 'Head'. [Frown]
Posts: 1062 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
celia will always be the woman I bitch-slap late every Saturday night when she doesn't give me my money in the 7-Eleven alley.

And whether waltdisneysfrozenhead or Stormy Saxon, you'll still always be Stormy.

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
waltdisneysfrozenhead
Member # 2717

- posted      Profile for waltdisneysfrozenhead   Email waltdisneysfrozenhead         Edit/Delete Post 
I could go back to being kingofallcorgis but I kind of thought that was confusing for a couple different reasons. (Though I did like the name. [Smile] )
Posts: 1062 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
oh, i can see it now!

quote:
we really need to get head in here for another opinion

Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

"suxy," eh? I am wounded to the quick! Your deep, resounding, and in no way unoriginal insult has cut me to the bone! Excuse me while I go back to my corner, cover my genitals, and wimper.
waltdisneysfrozenhead
Member # 2717

Do you see this, saxon? In the face of your mighty phallus of doom (tm), I am trying to be accomodating, but the womens don't want me to change my name. What to do? What to do?
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
stormy? do you have corgis too? can I be queen?
though I think my corgis would object to my becoming royalty, since they know they are. I'm merely their serf!

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

It has a face? [Eek!]

I had no idea!

waltdisneysfrozenhead
Member # 2717

[Monkeys]
saxon75
Member # 4589

I have to admit, you are really shining in this thread, Storm. I think I'll keep the Mighty Phallus of Doom™ for future reference. Although I might want to abbreviate to just MFD™.
waltdisneysfrozenhead
Member # 2717

And now he flaunts his ascii32 abilities. Sigh.
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I think I'll keep the Mighty Phallus of Doom™ for future ...
Why do I picture Ralphie saying that?

Waltdisneyfrozenhead can we shorten your name to [ROFL]

Stormy you'll always be Saxon to me.
Saxon you'll be Jonboy.
Bob the Builder will be Celia
Celia will be Bob S.
Bob S will be.....

[ August 07, 2003, 05:35 PM: Message edited by: Dan_raven ]

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

- posted      Profile for Zalmoxis           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Zalmoxis is now "Gomer"
I'm feeling a little gender confused at the moment, but not enough to stop me from saying:

Arise and unite all Cymbri and Gaels! The world is ours!

Posts: 3423 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

Somehow I doubt that one will be quite as forthcoming as the other new graemlins.
jebus202
Member # 2524

- posted      Profile for jebus202   Email jebus202         Edit/Delete Post 
For a bimbo she was suprisingly accurate.
Posts: 3564 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Arise and unite all Cymbri and Gaels! The world is ours!
Rydw y yn Cymro! Tha mi a fuireach anns an taigh-osda!

If anyone can understand that, they will forever be cool in my book.

[ August 07, 2003, 05:53 PM: Message edited by: Jon Boy ]

Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
Did we ever find out what that shape was for in sax's first post, or was it really an MPD?
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
filetted
Member # 5048

- posted      Profile for filetted   Email filetted         Edit/Delete Post 
I like "stormy". I wish I'd thought of that.

It's kinda like "pigpen" only moodier and more dramatic.

flish

Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

quote:
Did we ever find out what that shape was for in sax's first post, or was it really an MPD?
It was supposed to be an octagon, in reference to the Ultimate Fighting Championship.
LadyDove
Member # 3000

- posted      Profile for LadyDove   Email LadyDove         Edit/Delete Post 
Stormy- I read your other nick as king-o-fall-orgies [Eek!]

Gave me a whole other impression of you [ROFL]

Posts: 2425 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, fall is coming up. Based on that, Ladydove, I vote to let Storm/walt/head be in charge of the next Central Florida Clump gathering.
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
You just want him to bring the MPD

PS are all of our Floridians safe from Mr. Tornado?

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

I don't recall Storm ever claiming to be in possession of an MPD™.
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
You know what's really funny? Storm says it looks like a giant phallus, but on my screen (1024 x 768, 17-inch), it's about an inch and a half tall and three quarters of an inch wide.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, well, he's a guy. And size is a matter of perspective. Y'all just have none.
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

- posted      Profile for newfoundlogic   Email newfoundlogic         Edit/Delete Post 
If waltdisneysfrozenhead is just known as head wouldn't he then be confused with Head Ditch Digger?
Posts: 3446 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
waltdisneysfrozenhead
Member # 2717

Banna--I dont' have any now, but grew up with one. As you know, once you own one, you are changed for life. [Cool]

LadyDove--!! [Eek!] !! (Actually, it's kind of cool, now that I think about it. [Wink] [Big Grin] )

nfl--no one ever calls Head Ditch Digger 'Head'. However, if it really matters, people can just call me 'Walt' or 'Mr. Disney'.

Jon Boy-- It's not the size of the boat, but the motion in the ocean, etc, etc.

[ August 08, 2003, 06:59 PM: Message edited by: waltdisneysfrozenhead ]

waltdisneysfrozenhead
Member # 2717

zgator--Nonononono. I am super bad at organizing things and I have no place for people to go to and plus I'm always broke, so I can't do anything. You remember 'Grit Boy' from the comics? That's me. [Frown]
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

- posted      Profile for newfoundlogic   Email newfoundlogic         Edit/Delete Post 
It does really matter because I will be confused. I admit to being one of those who confused the two of you, Storm Saxon and saxon75, earlier actually.
Posts: 3446 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

*bump* 'cause I felt like it.
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for bumping this, Stormy.
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry. I meant to say John.
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, this takes me back.

Though I suddenly feel bad about bumping it so soon after Pop asked us all to clean up our language.

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, quite a list here -- celia, Ralphie, Kayla, nfl, Pop, both saxes, et al.
Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
Look at all those old names! It's amazing!
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

"The name's Madrox...Jamie Madrox."
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.