FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I need a volunteer with a webcam

Author Topic: I need a volunteer with a webcam
Lead
Member # 918

- posted      Profile for Lead   Email Lead         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey folks. I'm trying to test and debug an application in development, and I need the assistance of someone with a working webcam who can log on and allow the application to pick up streaming video. If you've got the ability to stream video from your connection, and would like to volunteer, please catch me on AIM under OffLead2.

Thanks ever so much.
Jen

Posts: 247 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

- posted      Profile for Slash the Berzerker   Email Slash the Berzerker         Edit/Delete Post 
Offlead works for a cybersex outfit now. But I hear the pay is good.

[Smile]

Posts: 5383 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lead
Member # 918

Man, I KNEW I should of hit you when I had the chance!

[Razz]

[ August 12, 2003, 03:33 PM: Message edited by: Lead ]

Posts: 247 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lead
Member # 918

Surely I'm not the only Hatracker with a webcam? *sigh*

I promise, I shall not harm anyone's innocense. I merely need to see whether or not the subscriber stream WORKS. Honest...no bad stuff! [Big Grin]

Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

- posted      Profile for Slash the Berzerker   Email Slash the Berzerker         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't personally know anyone with a webcam. Other than offlead.
Posts: 5383 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

- posted      Profile for Paul Goldner   Email Paul Goldner         Edit/Delete Post 
I own a webcam. It just sucks [Smile]
Posts: 4112 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

Then help lead out, dude.
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
Wrong kind of suck, Slash.
Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I've never seen the appeal of webcams. That said, the college has a few, but they're all considered "mission critical" for some daft reason -- despite the fact that no one who values his time would watch them for any extended period -- and consequently are not available for software testing. [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
The only real use I can see for them is cheap videoconferencing.
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
we, uh, took one apart and used it to take digital images through the telescope.

i have one, lead, but i'm not sure where...

Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I drop kicked mine so many times that it doesn't work anymore. >_<
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lead
Member # 918

LOL...y'all are a hoot. [Big Grin]

This is indeed a video-conferencing type application I'm testing. I've been doing Flash Communications Server development for the contract job I'm on. Sweet, impressive stuff, actually. I think I have it working, but did want to test it with someone other than myself, before I wrap up the small details of the application and hand it over to my employer.

I'm working through the end of this week on this, basically night and day. I leave for 2 weeks of vacation Friday afternoon, but until then, if anyone has a working cam and wants to help a gal out, I'd be mighty appreciative. [Smile]

~~~Lead

mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
You're taking a VACATION?! [Eek!]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lead
Member # 918

*THWAP*

[Big Grin]

mackillian
Member # 586

Lead
Lead
Member # 918

Mac
BookWyrm
Member # 2192

- posted      Profile for BookWyrm   Email BookWyrm         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry Lead. If I were home I could help you out but I'm not in South Carolina. I'm in Arkansas for a couple more weeks at my Girlfriends place getting things ready to move here on this end and she took her webcam off the other day.
Posts: 986 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.