FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Is anyone else an Aimee Mann fan?

Author Topic: Is anyone else an Aimee Mann fan?
Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

- posted      Profile for Slash the Berzerker   Email Slash the Berzerker         Edit/Delete Post 
She played recently here in Portland. I've been a huge fan ever since her album 'Whatever' came out in 93. The Fourth of July is one of the most perfect songs ever written.

Here is her website.

I am posting this because I don't know anyone else personally that is a fan. But she keeps making albums, so there must be more of us out there.

Posts: 5383 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christy
Member # 4397

- posted      Profile for Christy   Email Christy         Edit/Delete Post 
My student worker was a fan, if that helps. She does some pretty good stuff. I hadn't heard of her before the student started playing her cd's, but I liked what I heard.
Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

- posted      Profile for Slash the Berzerker   Email Slash the Berzerker         Edit/Delete Post 
She got a little more notice when she did the music and songs for the movie 'Magnolia', but the Oscars snubbed her.
Posts: 5383 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
She's awesome. She seems to write a lot of songs in 3/4 timing.
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deirdre
Member # 4200

- posted      Profile for Deirdre   Email Deirdre         Edit/Delete Post 
I am now!

Thanks, Berzerkers! :infomercial smile:

(Slash's wife was kind enough to give me one of their extra tickets when Aimee Mann was in town.)

Posts: 1046 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Avadaru
Member # 3026

- posted      Profile for Avadaru   Email Avadaru         Edit/Delete Post 
I like her, though I've not heard as much of her music as I would like.
Posts: 1225 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

- posted      Profile for Zalmoxis           Edit/Delete Post 
Hush! hush!

Keep it down now -- voices carry.

Posts: 3423 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Count
Member # 5541

- posted      Profile for The Count           Edit/Delete Post 
.....wrong post....

[ August 14, 2003, 10:48 PM: Message edited by: The Count ]

Posts: 23 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know if I'd say I was a fan, but I've been aware of her (her in particular, not just Till Tuesday) and appreciative of her music since...oh...1988 or 1989.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MattB
Member # 1116

- posted      Profile for MattB   Email MattB         Edit/Delete Post 
I really dig the Magnolia soundtrack, but I've never followed up on that.

Alas, unless you're Bob Dylan, you always get screwed by the song from the animated film at the Oscars.

Posts: 794 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zotto!
Member # 4689

- posted      Profile for Zotto!   Email Zotto!         Edit/Delete Post 
I REALLY REALLY liked the Magnolia soundtrack, but getting more of her stuff completely slipped my mind until now. Thanks for the reminder, Slash. [Smile]

Now to find some money...

Posts: 1595 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Godric
Member # 4587

- posted      Profile for Godric   Email Godric         Edit/Delete Post 
::smiles knowingly in Zalmoxis' direction::

[Hat]

Posts: 1295 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.