FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Moving forward

Author Topic: Moving forward
filetted
Member # 5048

- posted      Profile for filetted   Email filetted         Edit/Delete Post 
Got a simple question to ask.

When faced with transitioning from a particular past into a paricular future (unknown but decidely different from what went before), what is the best mindset to hold?

"acknowledge and move on"

That sounds like the simplest best explanation for anything a human might experience, but it's comes up a little shy for me in that I don't quite know how to "acknowledge" sometimes. Not sure what to wash my hands of and what to carry on into the future.

(nuts and bolts question)

[ August 16, 2003, 07:50 PM: Message edited by: filetted ]

Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deirdre
Member # 4200

- posted      Profile for Deirdre   Email Deirdre         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know.

But I do know that if you discover that what you're seeing is a play within a play, just slow down, take a deep breath, and hang on for the ride of your life.

At least, that's just how it's been in my experience. Well, mine and Jack Handey's.

Posts: 1046 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
filetted
Member # 5048

[Smile]
Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ak
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for ak   Email ak         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe we don't even know enough to realize which things were failures and which were successes. I think I prefer "Look forward with a perfect brightness of hope."
Posts: 2843 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
filetted
Member # 5048

ak,

[Smile]

leaving circumstance open to the best possible interpretation? kinda confuddles striking out goals in the first place?

best living circumstance is to make friends and family happy. risking "all" is glory-hounding for vacant-purpose?

flish

ak
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for ak   Email ak         Edit/Delete Post 
flish, do you have AIM?

theropeofallah

Posts: 2843 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
filetted
Member # 5048

I don't think that I do, and I'm on my last legs for ce weekend.

Be well. Be happy.

Be happy with self.

[Smile]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.