FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I can't believe it!!!

Author Topic: I can't believe it!!!
Maccabeus
Member # 3051

- posted      Profile for Maccabeus   Email Maccabeus         Edit/Delete Post 
Three years of slaving at menial jobs...well, that part isn't over yet. But I _am_ back in graduate school at last. Just got registered and am scheduled to meet for a class in an hour fifteen.

I never thought I would see the day... [Party]

[ August 21, 2003, 08:16 AM: Message edited by: Maccabeus ]

Posts: 1041 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
Good for you! Hope all the hard work pays off. What are you studying?
Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maccabeus
Member # 3051

I'm working toward a Masters in biology. At present I have only a single course, Mammalology. All I can afford at present.
Posts: 1041 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
In honor of your mammalogy course. [Smile]

[ August 21, 2003, 02:34 PM: Message edited by: Storm Saxon ]

Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratdulations.

I tried studying a related field. Not Mammology, but Mammary-ography.

Its not quite the same thing, and doesn't look nearly as professional on ones resume.

(But if you include photo you can guarantee your resume will be remembered)

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ak
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for ak   Email ak         Edit/Delete Post 
They left off the first words on that site. For your reference they are:

Glass of milk
Standing in between extinction in the cold....

and so on.

Isn't that a great way to characterize mammals? <laughs> I love TMBG and that is one of my favorite songs of theirs! [Smile]

Best of luck in grad school!

[ August 21, 2003, 02:46 PM: Message edited by: ak ]

Posts: 2843 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
asQmh
Member # 4590

- posted      Profile for asQmh   Email asQmh         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats, Macc. I'm just about to start up some rousing OT classes with Dr. Fortner at HUGSR (Harding U Grad School of Religion), so I share you excitement. ^_^

Q.

Posts: 499 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
Dan_raven's Resume:

Education:
  • The in-depth study of mammary-ography; course studies: Playboy, Maxim, Stuff, Details. "Do you know how to please a woman?" test completed on pg. 164 of GQ, certificate received.
  • Has purchased condoms.
(Photo upon request)

[ August 21, 2003, 02:52 PM: Message edited by: Ralphie ]

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
That was great, Ralphie. [Big Grin]

By the way, isn't celia our resident, honest to goodness breastologist?

Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't forget Dan passed the Real or Fake Internet test with a perfect score.
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maccabeus
Member # 3051

Q, lucky you...I wish I could sit through a Fortner class again, even if I did sometimes disagree with him.

(Abraham lies in his deathbed in a too-short hospital gown with an IV in his arm; quavery): "The voi-ice is the voi-ice of Jacob, but the ha-ands are the ha-ands of Esau..."

That guy always cracked me up...

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.