FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » When does one chat?

Author Topic: When does one chat?
Maccabeus
Member # 3051

- posted      Profile for Maccabeus   Email Maccabeus         Edit/Delete Post 
Do people ever actually gather in the chatroom? I can't say that I've ever seen any indication that people are there.
Posts: 1041 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryan Hart
Member # 5513

- posted      Profile for Ryan Hart           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah there were a couple of us in there last night, around 11.
Posts: 650 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toretha
Member # 2233

- posted      Profile for Toretha   Email Toretha         Edit/Delete Post 
Not at all on subject-but why did you choose that user name?

As for chat, usually at night, is a pretty good time to come

Posts: 3493 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ak
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for ak   Email ak         Edit/Delete Post 
You do know that aim chat has more people, right?

Parachat has spurts of popularity, and I prefer it hugely, but mostly if you go in there you wait a long time between bites. [Smile]

Posts: 2843 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maccabeus
Member # 3051

- posted      Profile for Maccabeus   Email Maccabeus         Edit/Delete Post 
Toretha, it's a very long story....

Generally speaking (with a few exceptions) most people in my church don't believe in permillennialism. When I was in high school, I decided to put together alternate "prophetic" timelines from prophecy, just to demonstrate that there was nothing special about the one LaHaye's writing the Left Behind series from. In the best one I came up with, the present was a time comparing roughly to the Seleucid period. Frankly, the whole thing was absurd, but I got kind of caught up in it at the time.

When I first got online in college, I started using "Maccabeus" on ISCA BBS; it was sort of an ambition thing, I suppose. Afterwards, I began using the name just about everywhere I went online. I don't like it so much anymore, but people who know little more than the sound say it fits me, and putting it aside would leave the large numbers of people who know me only by it confused.

Posts: 1041 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.