FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Thank you, Hatrack

Author Topic: Thank you, Hatrack
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
The book containing my essay piece "To Hold and Behold" will be released tomorrow.

Amazon link

If hatrackers had not encouraged me in my writing, and certain ones like Olivet and mackillian no threatened me, I would never have submitted it. The folks here, whose opinions I respect, gave me the confidence to send my writing out in to the scary, great wide world.

I've had three more acceptances recently, nothing major, only paying between $10-$12. These were devotionals, for the Christian inspiration market. Another totally separate devotional project asked me for some submissions, so I have some things still under consideration.

I have a couple articles going out to magazines, and have started on a nonfiction book proposal.

I don't think I'd be here, with this early success, had so many of you not encouraged me and told me you enjoyed my writing. Not to mention the helpful critiques I've received.

Once again, thank you. (((hatrack))) [Group Hug]

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
yay! [The Wave]
Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

By the way, did anyone else find this on the Amazon page hilarious?

quote:
Customers interested in A Cup of Comfort for Inspiration may also be interested in:

Bras in A Cup
Wide Range of Styles in Your Size Free Shipping - Easy Returns

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations Belle! I will place my order immediately.

BTW, did you notice the “customers may also be interested in” link? Interesting confluence of titles, there.

edit: I guess you did!

[ August 28, 2003, 04:07 PM: Message edited by: dkw ]

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
Woo hoo!!!

Go Belle!

[Cool] [Cool] [Cool] [Cool] [Cool] [Cool] [Cool] [Cool]

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
[The Wave]

It's good to see you.

[Smile]

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
solo
Member # 3148

- posted      Profile for solo   Email solo         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations Belle [Party]

I hope you will continue posting here as I had heard you were leaving. I have always enjoyed reading your posts.

Posts: 1336 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats, Belle!!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

Please don't think I did this as a way of encouraging sales - I don't get royalties, and though I'd be flattered you bought the book mine is only one of 40 stories. Please don't buy it unless you think it's the type of book you'd enjoy having.

I plan on having my website active soon, and I will be able to publish the story on the site, so you can always read it without buying the book.

I hope you don't think this is fishing for compliments or motivated by any other desire other than expressing my thanks - I really mean it, I probably never would have been published to this point without some of you guys.

Belle
Member # 2314

solo, thanks.

You probably won't see much of me, I have a ton going on in my life right now. Some of it is bad, some of it is good, but all of it takes a lot of time and emotional energy so that I have very little to spare of either.

It is good to post here and see some familiar faces. Oh heck, to see friends. [Smile]

I do miss it, but too much just takes precedence to online time right now.

dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
I know you weren’t drumming up sales. I just like to have books written (even in part) by people I know. Or even sorta know. Or whatever. Don't try to talk me out of this, I’m buyin’ the book darnit! [Mad]
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations Belle, that's great! Always good to hear from you.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats Belle!

And welcome back, even if you're not staying long.

Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
Nice. [Cool]
Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
[Hat]
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats Belle!!!!!!!!!!

[The Wave]

Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

- posted      Profile for Erik Slaine           Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Publishing. Wish we could be there.... :envy:

(I would have posted right away, but my embarrassingly low post count would have looked bad amongst all those veteran Jaquateros!)

Posts: 1843 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Belle you rock!!!!

Congratulations!

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats Belle!! [Cool]
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations, Belle.
[Party]

Good to see you back, even if just for a visit. [Smile]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
w00t Belle!

[The Wave]

Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
WOO!
I'm really glad you're getting stuff published!

[The Wave]

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jexx
Member # 3450

- posted      Profile for jexx   Email jexx         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations, Belle!
Posts: 1545 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
I see what you mean about the Amazon recomendations:

quote:
Customers interested in A Cup of Comfort for Inspiration may also be interested in:

Bras in A Cup
Wide Range of Styles in Your Size Free Shipping - Easy Returns

Then again, they do refer you to books from Rachel Ray, the Food Network's cutest chef.

[ August 28, 2003, 06:25 PM: Message edited by: TheTick ]

Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
All right, Belle! ^_^ (excited on your behalf)
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
Way to go, Belle! The more Hatrackers out there getting published, the higher the level of intelligence, compassion, and humor in the world. It couldn't have happened to a better person.
Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
::seconds Chris::

::and everybody else::

(((Belle)))
You're the best [Smile]

Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toretha
Member # 2233

- posted      Profile for Toretha   Email Toretha         Edit/Delete Post 
CONGRATULATIONS! WOO!
Posts: 3493 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
[Party] (((((((((((((((((((Belle))))))))))))))))))) [Party]

Just so you know a ballon tied to a mailbox is the international symbol for "party over here!" [Big Grin]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zotto!
Member # 4689

- posted      Profile for Zotto!   Email Zotto!         Edit/Delete Post 
Very cool. [Cool] [Smile]
Posts: 1595 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Belle, I'm so excited for you, I baked you a cake.
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlemissattitude
Member # 4514

- posted      Profile for littlemissattitude   Email littlemissattitude         Edit/Delete Post 
Go, Belle. [Big Grin]
Posts: 2454 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dannyXcore
Member # 5332

- posted      Profile for dannyXcore   Email dannyXcore         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations, Belle. That's rather impressive.

(((((belle)))))

Posts: 146 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Belle!!!

Awesome. [Party]

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
[Party]
Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratz!!!!

I guess, since you are a high falootin published authoress, its Miss Belle from now on.

You know how prentsious those paid writers are.

She probably even has plans to buy a jacket, so she can cut the elboes out and put on those nifty suede patches.

Best of luck with even more writing. I want to be able to point to books in the store and say, "Yes, I know the woman who wrote that book. Why, she thwacked me on the head just last night."

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ginette
Member # 852

- posted      Profile for ginette   Email ginette         Edit/Delete Post 
Great Belle!
I'd like to read the story without buying the book [Big Grin] so I am looking forward to a link to your site.

Good luck with all the rest of the stuff in your life!

Posts: 1247 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

Just got my copy in the mail - looked at my name in print for the first time. Surreal.

I wasn't real emotional, I was just like "Wow. So that's what it looks like." I don't feel any different, except perhaps I'm even more motivated now to finish a book length work. I think the day I break down and cry with joy will be the one when I see my name on the spine of the book.

At any rate - I am thrilled to be able to hold it in my hands, turn to the page and say "I wrote that." And turn to the contributor's section and read my little bio and realize that is ME it's talking about. It's cool. [Cool]

jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations, Belle! That's so exciting!
Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!
[Big Grin]

Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.