FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Washington D.C. is ridculously cool.

Author Topic: Washington D.C. is ridculously cool.
Kasie H
Member # 2120

- posted      Profile for Kasie H   Email Kasie H         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm spending my first weekend at college in Washington D.C......and I'm having a *blast*. I already have a Library of Congress library card. I'm going to the NFL kickoff on the Mall on Thursday to see Aretha Franklin, Britney Spears, Aerosmith, and Mary J. Blige for free. On Friday, I'm going to see Colin Powell speak at the opening of our new International Affairs School building. I spent last night on M Street, shopping/eating/clubbing....aaaah!

I love college!!!

[Big Grin] [Big Grin]

[Party]

Posts: 1784 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
I can't wait to see your first semester's report card. It will probably look much like mine did. Have fun while you can!!! [Big Grin] [The Wave]
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ae
Member # 3291

- posted      Profile for ae   Email ae         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
. . . I'm having a *blast*.
quote:
I'm going to the NFL kickoff on the Mall on Thursday to see Aretha Franklin, Britney Spears. . . .
Does. . . not. . . compute. . . .
Posts: 2443 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
all hail dc
Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

- posted      Profile for Paul Goldner   Email Paul Goldner         Edit/Delete Post 
Ooo, Kasie is in DC now... in...range...of...hot...girl...who...gives...good...commencment...speeches....

Sorry, let me get my hormones back in check.

But yeah, spears and blast doesn't add up [Smile]

Posts: 4112 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kasie H
Member # 2120

Paul -- [Big Grin]

In all seriousness, though, I'd LOVE to meet any Hatrackers who are in the D.C. area....I'm not sure how many there are, but it would still be awesome.

Posts: 1784 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

- posted      Profile for Paul Goldner   Email Paul Goldner         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I'm in boston... so its more like a long weekend trip for me. But if I'm ever down there I'll look ya up. And if you're ever up here, I'm sure a hatrack gathering can be arranged... just me you, and that bot... erm, *puts halo back on, goes to sit in corner to contemplate his sins*
Posts: 4112 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alucard...
Member # 4924

- posted      Profile for Alucard...   Email Alucard...         Edit/Delete Post 
I went to DC in 8th grade on a school-sponsored bus trip when Aerosmith was not popular (big hint) and had my first experience with body odor (mine).

It was a 2 day marathon trip where we slept on the way down and back, but it was about 100 degrees the entire time. I never sweat so much in my life and I was seriously contemplating bathing in a public fountain if given the opportunity.

All in all, though, it was an awesome time.

Rock on Kasie!

Posts: 1870 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ae
Member # 3291

- posted      Profile for ae   Email ae         Edit/Delete Post 
Paul:
quote:
But yeah, spears and blast doesn't add up
Depends. What sort of substance are we using for the blast? [Big Grin]
Posts: 2443 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fishtail
Member # 3900

- posted      Profile for Fishtail   Email Fishtail         Edit/Delete Post 
Make sure to make time for the Smithsonians...leave an entire day for Air & Space, and be sure to check out the new "America on the Move" exhibit that opens in late Nov at American History.
Posts: 471 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

And while you're in american history (I believe its there) in the inventions area, check out the electric motors. The davenport motor was the first patented motor. He also is a direct ancestor of mine *Grin*
ravenclaw
Member # 4377

- posted      Profile for ravenclaw           Edit/Delete Post 
I moved to DC 6 weeks ago. What school do you go to? I'm a freshman at Gallaudet.
Posts: 252 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chade Fallstar
Member # 5581

- posted      Profile for Chade Fallstar           Edit/Delete Post 
After a while, the appeal of D.C. will fade. At least, it has for me.
Posts: 155 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CalvinMaker
Member # 2032

- posted      Profile for CalvinMaker   Email CalvinMaker         Edit/Delete Post 
Kasie, I just sent you an email. Check it out when you get a chance.
Posts: 1934 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
If I remember correctly, Kasie, you're going to GW. I'm still in high school, but I'm taking a couple classes at GW. It would be funny if we ended up in a class together. [Smile]
Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kasie H
Member # 2120

Yup, I go to GW. Miro, what classes are you taking? Drop me an email. Maybe we can meet up sometime while you're on campus.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.