FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » welcome back, Jon Boy!

Author Topic: welcome back, Jon Boy!
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
you've been missed.

hope you enjoyed the honeymoon. ok, i'm certain you did [Wink]

[The Wave]

oh, and hello to DD as well. or is she DB now? that could get confusing...

Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
[Party] [The Wave] [The Wave] [Party]

[Kiss] (To which ever one of you feels most comfortable recieving it. [Big Grin] [Big Grin] )

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Hooray hooray!

We've missed you both so. Hope you had fun.

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

- posted      Profile for Erik Slaine           Edit/Delete Post 
Back for more, eh? We've all missed you. (Well, we missed Donny Osmond, anyway....)
Posts: 1843 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
Are you really back? Where are the stories?

And, celia, I think it'd be much easier to call him Jon Duda.

Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

I thought I'd gotten my eating habits under control. Sorry. [Cry]

Wlecome Back JBDB! [Party]

[EDIT: Did I eat your post again, or did you delete it? [Confused] ]

Hobbes [Smile]

[ September 02, 2003, 03:12 PM: Message edited by: Hobbes ]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

And pictures! I demand pictures!
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

I demand putting strict limits on the pictures!

[EDIT: This was a honeymoon after all...]

[Razz] [Big Grin] [Razz]

Hobbes [Smile]

[ September 02, 2003, 03:14 PM: Message edited by: Hobbes ]

Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the welcome, everyone. I especially appreciate the fact that celia went to the trouble of capitalizing my name.

We don't really have any terribly exciting stories, I think. We spent several days at her uncle's very nice cabin in southern Utah, which included a trip to Arches National Park and the place where we got engaged. Then we camped out in Colorado for one night. That was the adventurous part. We got there after dark, and the tent gave us a lot of grief as we tried to set it up. Then it started raining after we got into bed, and it didn't stop raining until about nine or ten in the morning. We took down the tent as fast as we could and headed out for the reception in Denver.

And of course, since it was supposed to be an outdoor reception, it kept on raining for most of the day, so we had to move everything inside. But it still looked very nice, and everything went quite well. We'll get pictures posted as soon as we get them developed and have the time. Our apartment is still somewhat of a disaster right now as we try to figure out what to do with three sets of dishes, four sets of mixing bowls, three waffle irons, two toasters, two blenders, three shower curtains, three hymnbooks (two with our names engraved, one of which has both my first and last name spelled wrong), and about a dozen little picture frames.

But all in all, it's good to be back. I'm glad to know that we've been missed. I hope nothing funny or interesting happened while we were gone. I'd hate to feel like I missed something.

[ September 02, 2003, 05:03 PM: Message edited by: Jon Boy ]

Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Nope. Nothing funny or interesting at ALL.

Except that I was in Salt Lake and you guys weren't around for our get-together!!!

Insufferable.

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
How hard is it to spell "Jon Boy"? Geez. You must have lots of semi-literate relatives and friends.

Congratulations on getting married, Mr. and Mrs. Boy.

Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats again JB and DD (and welcome back)!

As for all the duplicate items you get - you may be able to return/exchange some of them depending on the policy of the store(s) where you registered or hang on to them to use for giving out to your friends that get married. [Wink]

[ September 02, 2003, 05:14 PM: Message edited by: ludosti ]

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome back!!! Hooray!!!

[The Wave]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
Re-gifting is the spice of life. I'm sure you guys will figure everything out, good luck!

[The Wave]

Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

yeah, as soon as you find a john owens, you can give him that book.

thank you for taking the effort to not capitolize my name. [Big Grin]

Annie, did you need something?

Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

You came to Salt Lake the one week when I was gone, Annie? How completely thoughtless of you! I expect better from my triplet.

The problem with the unwanted and duplicate gifts is that we don't know where they came from. They're not duplicates items from our registry (except for the blender), and I don't think any of them had receipts. What's wrong with people?

Unfortunately, in order to give that book away, we'd not only have to find a Jonathan Owens, but we'd have to find one married to a Ruth (at least they didn't misspell Ruth, too). If you're going to give someone a book with their name engraved on it, wouldn't you think to double-check the spelling of their name?

[ September 02, 2003, 07:52 PM: Message edited by: Jon Boy ]

Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pat
Member # 879

- posted      Profile for Pat   Email Pat         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome back, Mr. Boy.
Posts: 1800 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome back you two! [Party]

quote:
three sets of dishes
Sounds like the right number to me . . . [Wink]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, I just realized Jon Boy and I are both married now. Flirting is okay, right? I mean before, when he was single it seemed to kind of freak him out, but now that we are both married. . . it's okay again, isn't that how it works?
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

i'm going to continue stalking him. it's just more fun than flirting. well, ok, i might keep flirting with ruth, as that's also more fun than flirting with the boy.
Kayla
Member # 2403

shh, celia, of course it is, but we don't want to hurt the poor boys feelings. Oh, wait, I forgot to whom I'm speaking. Nevermind. (and of course I'm stalking him, but again, not something he needs to know!)
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

quote:
quote:
three sets of dishes
Sounds like the right number to me . . .
Yeah, but we already owned two sets of dishes. We really don't need five.
quote:
Flirting is okay, right?
I'll have to ask my wife first. [Razz]
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
Pick your three favorites and give away/sell the other two. [Smile]

We basically have three sets of dishes. Slacker had one and I had two, but they all complement each other (plain colors). Since they are all basically service for 4, we ended up with about the right amount of dishes. [Smile]

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats and welcome back Jon Boy and Mrs. Jon Boy! I'm at the Y now, so we should do lunch at the Cannon sometime. [Big Grin]

[ September 03, 2003, 01:22 PM: Message edited by: sarcasticmuppet ]

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

I was just thinking, should you be calling yourself Jon Man now?
TheTick
Member # 2883

We too ended up with a whole boatload of dishes. Two sets of 'good' china (and by sets I mean we could cook for ourselves for a month and never use the same dish twice), a set of everyday dishes (for 16), a 4 place setting of plain white, and a 4 place setting of blue plastic (for use outside). Isn't getting married fun? [Wink]
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Professor Funk
Member # 5608

- posted      Profile for Professor Funk   Email Professor Funk         Edit/Delete Post 
I really need to get married. We keep breaking the dishes we do have and now we're down to 5 plates and 34 little plates. What are those little plates for anyway?
Posts: 99 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

Snacks. [Big Grin]
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

You're at the Y, Muppet? One of these days, we'll have to have another Provo-area get-together.
Diosmel Duda
Member # 2180

- posted      Profile for Diosmel Duda   Email Diosmel Duda         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, pshaw. You left out all the good parts, Jon Boy. The weather on Saturday was absolutely ideal, both the open house and the reception were beautiful but exhausting, the pictures are surprisingly good considering Jon Boy's in them, and we actually came away with quite a few very nice, very useful, very thoughtful gifts. As well as, um, a few dollars and a handful of coins. Really. And people who had specifically said they weren't coming showed up and shared some hugs with us. How nice!

Getting married is fun. Being married is more fun.

Posts: 537 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

I thought the good part was that you were there.

Are you still on campus? Shouldn't you be in the kitchen, making me a pie or something?

Kayla
Member # 2403

quote:
Shouldn't you be in the kitchen, making me a pie or something?
So banished her to the kitchen already? Now you just need to get her pregnant and take away her shoes. [Wink]
Diosmel Duda
Member # 2180

- posted      Profile for Diosmel Duda   Email Diosmel Duda         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I thought the good part was that you were there.
You see, dear Jatraqueros, one of a thousand reasons why I think Jon Boy is the coolest guy in the world.

*swoons* [Kiss]

Oh yeah, one more thing. I made you a pie, all right, Mister! *pies Jonathon*

[ September 03, 2003, 05:59 PM: Message edited by: Diosmel Duda ]

Posts: 537 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

Well, I'm in the kitchen, baking her cookies. It's only fair that she make something for me (other than babies, that is [Wink] ).
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

*wipes pie off of face* Mmm . . . pie . . .

Well, I guess I'll just have to eat these cookies all by myself.

celia60
Member # 2039

DD, if those were all the good parts you did something wrong. [Wink]

[ September 03, 2003, 08:18 PM: Message edited by: celia60 ]

Diosmel Duda
Member # 2180

A lady doesn't talk of such things. Clearly celia isn't one. [Razz]

[ September 03, 2003, 11:13 PM: Message edited by: Diosmel Duda ]

mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think we've ever had the impression that Celia is a lady. [Wink]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.