FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I am Jack's waking dream

Author Topic: I am Jack's waking dream
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay.

I give.

Uncle.

I haven't really slept since Saturday night. I've dozed and tossed and turn a few hours in between then and now. I've taken benadryl, tried a higher dose of a prescription antihistamine, tried Restoril (a benzodiazepine), a higher dose of Restoril (which I'm on right now).

And nothing.

o_O

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
You want to finish my french grammar homework for me? Puts me out every time.
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
As long as you don't want to do well on it. I haven't taken any French in six years. Ancient Greek, though...
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
There are some things worse than death Annie...
Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

I know. And the third person plural of craindre is one of them.
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
larisse
Member # 2221

- posted      Profile for larisse   Email larisse         Edit/Delete Post 
Not to say "me too", but you know... me too. I am up as per the usual. Can't seem to force myself asleep until after 3 am. I don't fall asleep easily and never have. I'd say, "Welcome, Mack," but you were probably in the other corner of this cheesey dive already so I'll just wave [Wave] .

Annie... just found this site (who am I kidding... I went searching on Google cause I had nothing better to do) Le Conjugueur. And yes, it did conjugate craindre. I don't know how well though. It has been a few years since I took French. All I remember with confidence is how to count. (Yes... I know I probably just broke a Hatrack untyped rule of not helping with homework, but I was interested in finding out what the heck that word meant anyways so [Taunt] .)

[ September 05, 2003, 01:58 AM: Message edited by: larisse ]

Posts: 822 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

Thanks for the under-the-table help. I'll have "my boys" pay you [Razz]

Actually, I am fully able to cheat - there's a reason I own 501 French Verbs - but I was supposed to do the exercises from memory... like 200 verbs that I knew at one point but have absolutely no reason for retaining. Insufferable.

Anyway, sorry about the derailment.

Back to your regularly scheduled insomnia...

Damien
Member # 5611

- posted      Profile for Damien   Email Damien         Edit/Delete Post 
Sleep is for quitters.
Posts: 677 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, that's my line.
Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Damien
Member # 5611

- posted      Profile for Damien   Email Damien         Edit/Delete Post 
Shiggity shiggity shwag. I've used the quitters line for a long, long time, heh. That's awesome.
Posts: 677 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emperor Palpatine
Member # 3544

- posted      Profile for Emperor Palpatine   Email Emperor Palpatine         Edit/Delete Post 
I actually think it is Damien's/Danny's/DannyXcore's line.

Good times...

Posts: 1004 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
Ralphie, Damien, quit posing. "Sleep is for quitters" is the national motto of Aeslynlla, one of the largest coffee producers in the world.
Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
Calling Ralphie on her motto-swiping is for quitters.
Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
Dang it, Annie, what do you want from me?
Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T. Analog Kid
Member # 381

- posted      Profile for T. Analog Kid   Email T. Analog Kid         Edit/Delete Post 
Mack, you haven't met any soap salesmen recently have you?
Posts: 2112 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
She can't stop thinking about the Stormster. That's why she can't sleep.
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Danzig
Member # 4704

- posted      Profile for Danzig   Email Danzig         Edit/Delete Post 
I feel you mack.

Uhh... not that I recommend this or anything, but have you tried a few drinks? That seems to be about the only thing that works for me.

Posts: 1364 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.