FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I need you guys to do me a favor today. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I need you guys to do me a favor today.
odouls268
Member # 2145

- posted      Profile for odouls268   Email odouls268         Edit/Delete Post 
poop.

admit it.

poop is a funny word.

POOP.

Posts: 2532 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
you should really stop driving on that street.
Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Someday I'll take a picture of that street, and photoshop the little invisable demons that attack my car in the picture.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toni
Member # 5620

- posted      Profile for Toni   Email Toni         Edit/Delete Post 
(Nevermind. [Blushing] )

[ September 07, 2003, 02:49 AM: Message edited by: Toni ]

Posts: 72 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
When going uphill, gas gauges actually read a little higher, and when going downhill, they read lower. (At least, that's the way it works on my car, because the gauge is in the back end of the tank, which is where it would be on your car, too.) Also, I had another car where one-quarter actually meant empty because the gauge was off.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amka
Member # 690

- posted      Profile for Amka   Email Amka         Edit/Delete Post 
Wanna hear a horror "I ran out of gas" story?

Ask Kat. She is a witness to my stupidity. Oh, this should go in the stupidity thread, except no one was actually endangered by it.

So first, I get a ticket in the BYU parking lot. Then I got "Lost In Provooohh", a place that we all know is out of this world. When I finally made my way back to the road that will get me onto the freeway, I know I'm running low on gas. But I have, apparently, 1/8 of a tank left. I figure I stop at the gas station that is just before the freeway onramp, which happened to be the only one that I knew the location of.

At the intersection just before the gas station, the car dies. It is out of gas. For just a few moments, I think I can coast it there (it is downhill), but then I realize the breaks are really not working well without the engine working, the hill has a decent gradient, and there is a sharp turn I have to make to get into the gas station, so I pulled over. Katie gets out. I get out. With door open, I have a vague feeling something is missing. I check in the car. Have my purse, my cell phone... everything is A-Okay. Lock and shut the door. Ooops, it was the lights I left on. Go to open car to turn the lights off, and find that it was my keys that I'd left in the car.

Quick summary: The car is without gas, the headlights are on, and the keys are locked in the car. Oh, and I got a parking ticket too.

Oh, and this was right after an OSC signing, which is why I had Katerina with me. Still sorry I got you home so late, Katie.

But we had a very good friend who drove up from Salt Lake, an hour long drive, to bring a gas can and open the car.

Posts: 3495 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
Amka: you have power assisted brakes. They still work fine without the engine, you just need to press harder to get them to work.
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Amka, I had a great time that day, and I think it is a wonderful story. I totally didn't mind, and it actually made me feel better about some of the things I do when I'm not paying attention.

Two years later, in remembering the event, I had actually forgotten about running out of gas. It was the first time I had met OSC, and I was so dizzy with hero-worship I honestly hardly noticed what was going on around me. What, we're stopped? We're walking home? Really? Oh, I'm fine. *wanders dreamily into traffic*

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amka
Member # 690

- posted      Profile for Amka   Email Amka         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, the upshot of it WAS the hour we got to gab.

Want to remember more? http://www.philoticweb.net/author/oscsignings.phtml?2

fugu - husband said the breaks should have worked too. And I've coasted other power steering and break cars too, but something else must have been wrong. Low on fluid, maybe. When the brake pedal is hitting the floor and you are barely slowing down, and it takes all of your strength to stop with the parking brake, it isn't a good idea to continue down a hill that gets only steeper.

[ September 08, 2003, 11:35 AM: Message edited by: Amka ]

Posts: 3495 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
*hug* Thanks for the link. I had such a good time that day. [Smile] It was so much fun!
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.