FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Oh the Prophecies are really full now...

Author Topic: Oh the Prophecies are really full now...
Jacare Sorridente
Member # 1906

- posted      Profile for Jacare Sorridente   Email Jacare Sorridente         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
And I will give children to be their princes, and babes shall rule over them.

And the people shall be oppressed, every one by another, and every one by his neighbour: the child shall behave himself proudly against the ancient, and the base against the honourable.

http://www.hatrack.com/ubb/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=017971

quote:
As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths.
http://www.hillary.org/hillary/hill.announce.podium.side.jpg

quote:
Moreover the LORD saith, Because the daughters of Zion are haughty, and walk with stretched forth necks and wanton eyes, walking and mincing as they go, and making a tinkling with their feet:
http://www.bestdealmagazines.com/covers/cosmopolitan.jpg
Posts: 4548 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, while it was a good effort, I didn't really find it funny.

And Isaiah is in the OT. Isn't all of that pretty much moot after Jesus?

[ September 05, 2003, 11:06 AM: Message edited by: Kayla ]

Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jacare Sorridente
Member # 1906

- posted      Profile for Jacare Sorridente   Email Jacare Sorridente         Edit/Delete Post 
<sigh> I guess I'm just no Bob Scopatz.
Posts: 4548 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
Boy, talk about some prophecies that are never wrong. Heh.
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

No, but we love you anyway. [Kiss]

Think of it this way. Bob is no Jacare. Besides, we already have Bob. Two in fact.

Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dobbie
Member # 3881

- posted      Profile for Dobbie           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
And Isaiah is in the OT. Isn't all of that pretty much moot after Jesus?

Are you implying that everything in the Old Testament is now moot? Cool! There are some neighbor's wives that I've been wanting to covet for a long time.
Posts: 1794 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
[Wall Bash]
Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toni
Member # 5620

- posted      Profile for Toni   Email Toni         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Are you implying that everything in the Old Testament is now moot? Cool! There are some neighbor's wives that I've been wanting to covet for a long time.
::crosses fingers::
Posts: 72 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

You know, that post was much longer till I decided to edit it. In the original, I did say (except for the original commandments) but then took it out, assuming it went without saying. I guess I was wrong.
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry, but that was hilarious.

[ROFL]

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Why would the ten commandments still be in force, but not the rest of it? Aren't they part of the mosaic law as well?
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dobbie
Member # 3881

- posted      Profile for Dobbie           Edit/Delete Post 
As far as I know Toni's husband doesn't live anywhere near my neighborhood, so I've always been free to covet her.
Posts: 1794 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.