FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Holy Sweet Bejeebus, This Is Funny

Author Topic: Holy Sweet Bejeebus, This Is Funny
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
Moose said he posted this once, mid-thread, but demme if it doesn't deserve it's own.

Mind-blowingly funny.

Or maybe just for people without kids. [Big Grin]

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jacare Sorridente
Member # 1906

- posted      Profile for Jacare Sorridente   Email Jacare Sorridente         Edit/Delete Post 
You're right- that was indeed worthy of its own thread.
Posts: 4548 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jehovoid
Member # 2014

- posted      Profile for jehovoid   Email jehovoid         Edit/Delete Post 
That was great. I think it was even funnier because it was in a foreign language.
Posts: 3056 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]

that's beautiful

Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
OMG, what have I done? [Angst]
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
But isn't it hilarious that the ending statement was largely and simply in English? [Smile]
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ak
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for ak   Email ak         Edit/Delete Post 
I love the way the kid was so obviously deliberately manipulating the dad. Wonderful acting. You could just see him make up his mind that he was going to get what he wanted no matter what.

My niece has done that before, decided she would act so awful that her parents would never leave her alone and go out of town together again. <laughs> Didn't bother me a bit but I think it upset grandma (she and I together were keeping her) and through her it got to my sister and brother in law too. Seems to have worked pretty well because of that. I think they were too embarrassed at how horrid she was to ask anyone ever to take care of her again.

But am I the only one who has a hard time keeping a straight face when kids act so terrible like that? You're trying to 1) be stern so you can have some authority and 2) take their desperate emotional state at least semi-seriously so as to not further upset them, but sometimes (particularly in public like that when they act just SO horrible) I am overcome by hilarity. There's always a part of me that understands exactly how they feel and wishes I could sit down and wail at the top of my lungs too. So it just cracks me up. No wonder they all know what a pushover I am.

Posts: 2843 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]

But seriously, my littlest sister is just like that and it's awful to see how calculatingly badly-behaved she can be over something like food. She knows exactly how to shift people to her side, and how to irritate people and she's only four.

It makes me sad to see children like that. [Frown]

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ak
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for ak   Email ak         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]

Smart kids are going to be smart enough to figure stuff like that out, though. You should have heard my other niece's dissertation on salesmanship of girl scout cookies. She showed me exactly how to look very innocent and sweet and vulnerable so people would feel for her and reach for those wallets. She sells hundreds of boxes every time.

I don't know. I guess after they read enough good books and hear messages at church about truthfulness and consideration for others, not to mention seeing the dynamics of mean and grasping kids at school versus kids who are just sweet, they eventually decide they don't like manipulating people. They eventually decide who they want to be, and it's not the selfish ones. I guess. [Smile] Who knows? I like all three of my nieces as people now. They are really great.

Posts: 2843 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL] [ROFL]

I am SO mad that I couldn't download that this morning now. That was hilarious. Priceless.

I may have said this in another thread, but I never threw a tantrum like that. Well, maybe once, but never, never again.

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.