FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Batman -- or, HA, Christopher Nolan made TIME!

Author Topic: Batman -- or, HA, Christopher Nolan made TIME!
Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, so, it's a small segment on the "People" page, and it's more about who he'll pick to play Batman than about Nolan himself -- but he's hitting the big time!

I'm actually looking forward to this Batman film, to my surprise. Nolan has a gift for psychological movies -- considering how rife the DC comic is with emotionally disturbed characters, Nolan may have just hit a personal gold mine.

Then again, he could break my heart and sell out to explosions and cliche characters stiffly acting out a cliche plot. But I don't think he will. He's my, sigh, true love...

Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Damien
Member # 5611

- posted      Profile for Damien   Email Damien         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
he could break my heart and sell out to explosions and cliche characters stiffly acting out a cliche plot. But I don't think he will.
I hope not. That totally ruined Spiderman for me. also WAY too much computer work. I think this one oughta be good, though.

[ September 10, 2003, 01:27 AM: Message edited by: Damien ]

Posts: 677 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

- posted      Profile for Erik Slaine           Edit/Delete Post 
The dark re-treatment with Jack as Jack (big stretch, eh?) was new and wonderful. Then every subsequent movie went really bad. Arnold is a really crappy Victor Frieze!

However, if the new movie does well, I'd like to see it. I loved the spirit of the WB series. Mark Hammill is my favorite Joker to this day.

Got a Link to that info, Lalo?

Posts: 1843 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
And I LOVE Christian Bale. He's not who I expected, but I think he'll be great.
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morgaine
Member # 4691

- posted      Profile for Morgaine   Email Morgaine         Edit/Delete Post 
Is it for sure with Christian Bale? I think he would be pretty good. My sister and I were trying to think who was dark enough, yet still normal, to play the role. We actually came up with Ben Affleck, and this was before Daredevil was started (to our knowledge), but dismissed him as being to teen-y. Bale came up a couple times. I can see it . . .

But no one can beat Michael Keaton's playing of the role, the way Batman was meant to be, teetering on the edge of insanity, yet still seeming completely sane to everyone else as Bruce Wayne. I don't know if it was because Michael Keaton himself is not too sane ( [Razz] ), or if it was intended, but the movie was better for it.

If they can do as good a job as they did in the first two, it was well worth the wait. The third was too corny, and the fourth...Um, whoever said George Clooney could act? Let alone be Batman, the greatest superhero.

Of all time.

Ever.

Posts: 66 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

http://www.hatrack.com/ubb/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=018196

Here's the link. It looks like it's pretty official.

I liked Michael Keaton's Batman quite a lot myself and I was impressed with Val Kilmer too. I agree with you about George Clooney, and that whole entire movie just sucked. It wasn't completely his fault. [Smile]

I think Jake Gyllenhal (however you spell that) could have done a good job. He's been beefing up for the possibility. But that would be to similar to Tobey Maguire's switch from deep-thinking sensitive young guy to action hero. (What I liked about Spider Man though was that Peter Parker was still deep thinking and sensitive. Nice...) Christian Bale seems a little more mature, but maybe that's just because he's British! [Wink]

[ September 13, 2003, 12:35 PM: Message edited by: Narnia ]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

- posted      Profile for Erik Slaine           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Narnia! That's a great period of history for the dark knight. I hope they do it right! Again, the animated series touched on that. They got the ambience and the attitude.

Who will be his sensei in Japan, I wonder...?

[ September 13, 2003, 12:39 PM: Message edited by: Erik Slaine ]

Posts: 1843 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

Funny thing is, I wasn't aware of plans for this movie. I had heard about Petersen's Batman vs. Superman and all that jazz, and it seems rather bizarre that they're doing that movie on the tail end of another Batman movie (that looks like it's going to be good). They'll have another different Batman, a different director...and we'll ALL suffer from an identity crisis. Did anyone else find this strange, or am I uninformed here?
Ron Post
Member # 5658

- posted      Profile for Ron Post           Edit/Delete Post 
-shift in-

-puts proximity fused grenade on Batmobile-

-shifts out-

Posts: 27 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.