FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Justify your guiltiest pleasure (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Justify your guiltiest pleasure
asQmh
Member # 4590

- posted      Profile for asQmh   Email asQmh         Edit/Delete Post 
*denies vigorously the implied rumor she's just now fabricated that Q is selfishly using Lissa to inflate her own post count*

And what was that about monkeys? Have you considered an orangutang?

Q.

Ooh. Page two. Kinda empty here. . .

[ September 14, 2003, 11:09 AM: Message edited by: asQmh ]

Posts: 499 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lissande
Member # 350

- posted      Profile for Lissande   Email Lissande         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, I think your infinite number of monkeys are actually doing a relatively good job. The number of nearly coherent sentences they manage to string together is really quite phenomenal, all things considering. Once or twice I've even noticed a glimmer of what might have been called wit, if it were arrived at another way. True, they need breaks to groom each other and eat bunches of bananas, but there are so many of them that you can hardly notice the difference.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 2762 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay here goes.

I really, really can't stop watching Lizzie Maguire. My husband watches it too, and we make no excuses why. Sample conversation:

Jes: Miranda is so hot.
Me: Gordo is so hot.
Both: ....WHAT???

Lizzie is almost unimportant to us. We watch solely for the Gordo/Miranda banter when Lizzie isn't around. There is a scene where Lizzie's brother Matt gets a crush on Miranda and gives her a present that says "I <3 MRNDA" on it. Conversation between Gordo and Miranda:

Miranda: "Guess we can't talk to the new workin' Lizzie."
Gordo: "Probably not, but you've got the next best thing, your boyfriend!"
Miranda: "He is not my boyfriend!"
Gordo: "But, he hearts you, MRNDA."

We watch this clip over and over and it never fails to crack us up.

Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
asQmh
Member # 4590

- posted      Profile for asQmh   Email asQmh         Edit/Delete Post 
Q, inc. uses only the finest quality monkeys and would like to thank Lissa for her patronage.

Having said that, uh, wasn't there a topic here somewhere?

Guilty pleasure: derailing hatrack threads just for the sake of bugging Lissa.
justification: NA - there IS no excuse for us. . .

Q.

[ September 14, 2003, 11:16 AM: Message edited by: asQmh ]

Posts: 499 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lissande
Member # 350

- posted      Profile for Lissande   Email Lissande         Edit/Delete Post 
I've lost track. Wasn't there something about Oreos a while ago? Anyway I told your mom I'd play with you for an hour, and surely I must be off the hook by now. So see you later, am headed for food. [Smile]
Posts: 2762 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Speed: [Smile] Anytime. Send me the bill later. [Wink]

Ralphie: well... fine! [Razz]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Hugh Jackman.

I shouldn't, but I do. There are so many reasons not to. But, jeez ... Hugh Jackman. The laughing eyes, the brash Ozzishness, the broodiness of Wolverine --

Dagnabbit.

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

CT, I'm completely, totally, with you on that one... *swoons*
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

Yeah, Raia.

1. He's married.
2. He's too young for me.
3. He's on too many current Hotlists.

But
1. He is deeply in love with his older wife (and I dig men who are into older women)
2. He's smart
3. He's got a gorgeous cocky grin
4. He did an awesome romantic, tall, British lead in Kate and Leopold
5. He's a professional
6. He's just too darn hot. Smoking.

Arrrgh, me laddie. [Big Grin]

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
"Fresh creamery butter..."
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
CT - I, too, am all over that.
Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

*swoons again* Kate and Leopold... aaaah...

Yeah, but he's too old for me... and his wife is Australian and named Debra, which is wonderful, because I had an Australian choir director named Debra whom I loved and admired from the bottom of my heart. So I approve. [Big Grin]

But he is definitely gorgeous.

ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

... yeah, that's it ...

*rewind
*rewind
*rewind

Mmmmmmm. How can something so bad feel so good?

Okay, I confess. I rented Someone Like You and Swordfish, and it wasn't for the plots. And yes, I bought copies of Kate and Leopold and Paperback Hero.

*crimson

ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

Ralphie, Raia, Annie -- if the latest theories in physics are correct (and dare I say,they just might be), then surely there exists an alternate universe where we four have gotten together in some cozy little farmhouse, forcing this delicious 6'3 chunk o manhood to recite erotic poetry.

Or we will whip him, with tiny little tickly whips.

And the butter. Fresh, creamery butter.

Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll bring the chocolate.

btw - Does anyone else want Kate to die in Kate and Leopold? I used to like Meg Ryan - what happened?

I scream at the screen, "No no no! Not her. ME. Pick ME! I'm way less retentive!"

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

Yes.

I pride myself on never indulging in brooding on devious ways to off fictional characters, but yes.

She must die.

Annie
Member # 295

You're overloading my blush circuits, CT
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

By the way, I always pronounce your name the French way, as in Claudia-Thérèse. Is this right?
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, CT.

What isn't turned on that SHOULD be?

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

Annie, that is correct. It is a pseudonym, but this is how I pronounce it in my own mind. (It's not my fault, he comes with blush attached.

[Big Grin]

[Big Grin]

[Big Grin] )

mack, in theory I am working on a paper proposal, then hemming my husband's suit pants. If I get on AIM, neither of these has a broken-legged mouse's chance in a roomful of feral cats on speed.

[ September 14, 2003, 08:46 PM: Message edited by: ClaudiaTherese ]

Raia
Member # 4700

CT: Count me in!!
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
Hugh is ... fine. I like him and all, but if I was going to kidnap somebody it wouldn't be him.

My guilty pleasure is the X-Files, I guess. It used to be cool, but it is so over now. But I missed seeing the lastthree seasons, so I'm renting them on Netflix.

And I've decided that I love RatBoy. Not sure what it is, but on some level I wanna have his little one-armed Russian/Oilien babies. Mroaowr.

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DanielW
Member # 5395

- posted      Profile for DanielW   Email DanielW         Edit/Delete Post 
I really, really love Transformers: The Movie

So there [Taunt]

Edit to add that this declaration is probably in the wrong place, because I don't feel guilty about it at all. [Big Grin]

[ September 15, 2003, 01:12 PM: Message edited by: DanielW ]

Posts: 26 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaureenJanay
Member # 2935

- posted      Profile for MaureenJanay   Email MaureenJanay         Edit/Delete Post 
This is my guilty pleasure.

[Evil]

Posts: 264 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.