FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » How to waste perfectly useful time...

Author Topic: How to waste perfectly useful time...
Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
First, go here.

I'd finish the lesson, but I'm a bit distracted at the moment...

Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chade Fallstar
Member # 5581

- posted      Profile for Chade Fallstar           Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, It just isn't as satisfying without feeling the pressure give way beneath your fingers.
Posts: 155 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, it just doesn't have the same charm. I like the feel of the little bubbles popping in my fingertips.

edit: What Chades said. (Hi, Chades.)

[ September 14, 2003, 05:41 PM: Message edited by: Ralphie ]

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeff
Member # 4298

- posted      Profile for Jeff   Email Jeff         Edit/Delete Post 
This is a good site for wasting time too
Posts: 122 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jexxster
Member # 5293

- posted      Profile for Jexxster   Email Jexxster         Edit/Delete Post 
Bubblewrap! Gotta love it. There is a program similar to that for Pocket PC devices.

But, as Chade said, it just isn't as fun.

[ September 14, 2003, 08:18 PM: Message edited by: Jexxster ]

Posts: 240 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Willy Shmily Tiger
Member # 5647

- posted      Profile for Willy Shmily Tiger   Email Willy Shmily Tiger         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 83 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
martha
Member # 141

- posted      Profile for martha           Edit/Delete Post 
<god voice>

Jeff. Jeff. Where were you last night? What in the world could have been more important than the Hatrack Picnic happening a mere 10 miles from your home (give or take five)?

</god voice>

Posts: 1785 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
here's another good site for wasting time
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wieczorek
Member # 5565

- posted      Profile for wieczorek   Email wieczorek         Edit/Delete Post 
Chade, that bubblewrap site is truly amusing. If only I had discovered it sooner...oh what a world of trouble I'd be in!
Hmmm...my time on the button-holder was 28.87 seconds...
Dragon, while I consider my sense of humor to consist of a large variety of humors, yours doesn't seem to fit... [Mad] Just joking [Wink]
[Smile]

"Remember, the enemy's gate is down"

Posts: 667 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dante
Member # 1106

- posted      Profile for Dante           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
How to waste perfectly useful time...
Post on a Hatrack homosexuality or religion thread.
Posts: 1068 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
"To waste perfectly good time that could otherwise be spent ironing or changing the washers in the basement sink ..."
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
See how good I am about not commenting on this thread title? Even after the first couple of responses?
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

- posted      Profile for Erik Slaine           Edit/Delete Post 
Good job, Pop. We're proud of you.
Posts: 1843 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
But, Moose. That wouldn't be a WASTE.
Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unohoo
Member # 5490

- posted      Profile for unohoo   Email unohoo         Edit/Delete Post 
ROTFLMAO [Big Grin]
Posts: 168 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, so I've suckered my husband a couple of times. The most recent being the subliminal adversting website. [ROFL]

So, when I told him he should look at that hold the button site, I didn't tell him anything about it. I just left the window open and when he came over to the computer, I said, "You should look at that site." I then headed outside for a smoke. I stopped at the door and laughed before I actually went out, though.

He held the button! When I came back in, he was still holding it. He started rattling off statistics they put up!

[ROFL]

12:59:28!

You held the button longer than:
50%
of HoldTheButton.com users!

Longest time held. 7 days 1 hour.

Average time 4:08:28 (minutes, seconds and whatever.)

4% of HoldTheButton.com users ask for assistance.

HoldTheButton.com users that drink a lot while playing, usually only last as long as they can hold it.

90% of HoldTheButton.com users are right handed.

(These probably aren't right, but they are close.)

HoldTheButton.com creater, a college dropout, created HoldTheButton.com after spending 5 days on hold for concert tickets.

57% of HoldTheButton.com users ring the doorbell before knocking.

HoldTheButton.com started out in the real world at "HoldTheElevator" and quickly made it to the virtual world.

[ROFL]

I really shouldn't be so mean to him. I didn't know he was actually going to hold the button, though!!

Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

Who held it for seven days!?!? Can I have their job?
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
That is just the record holder for the last 7 days!
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

Now, how can the record holder for the last seven days have started more than seven days ago? Hmmm?

RSVP

Jeff
Member # 4298

- posted      Profile for Jeff   Email Jeff         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Jeff. Jeff. Where were you last night? What in the world could have been more important than the Hatrack Picnic happening a mere 10 miles from your home (give or take five)?

Boring school stuff. Two papers and two tests to study for (even though one of them is to memorize states and capitals).
Posts: 122 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
come on! that's not as important as coming to our fun party!

Edit: missing key word

[ September 15, 2003, 07:43 PM: Message edited by: Dragon ]

Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.