FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » And I won't move until there is peace!

Author Topic: And I won't move until there is peace!
John Lennon
Member # 5453

- posted      Profile for John Lennon           Edit/Delete Post 
I've talked it over with myself, and I have decided to protest the war by sitting in my bed all day eating popcorn and poptarts. I refuse to get out of bed until there is peace in the world. So, until then, I'm going to be sitting in my bed and you guys will just have to deal with me sitting in my bed all day. Heck, I'm not even getting out of my pajama's.

And to those who doubt I can sit in my bed all day, let me tell you something: I think I have enough desire for peace that I can suffer and sit in my bed all day.

Posts: 16 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
Hah!!! got ya beat. I ain't wearin' no pajamas.
Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Lennon
Member # 5453

Running around naked doesn't compare to sitting in your bed in terms of protesting.
Posts: 16 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Tell me, John, now that you've tried it both ways: is it better with or without Yoko?

[ September 15, 2003, 09:01 AM: Message edited by: TomDavidson ]

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Lennon
Member # 5453

Tom, I feel like I've got to level with my fans. Ever since that "lost weekend" I've come to realize that Yoko was really just a huge pain in the butt. In fact, I recently wrote a song about it, but I'm not at liberty to discuss it.

But I can say it goes to the tune of Help! and you can constantly find me rhyming Yoko with Joko.

But it's much better to protest for peace when you don't have some foreign artist scaring away your publicity.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.