FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hide Your Daughters (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Hide Your Daughters
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
That’s right. Ryan Alexander has arrived on the scene.

Sept. 11, 2003 @ 9:03 pm
7 lbs 15 ozs
22 inches

Mom and baby are doing fine, although Mom would like a bit more sleep. Actually, so would I. The only really bad night thus far was the first night home from the hospital when he decided the beautiful bassinet we had provided sucked compared to the plastic bin they kept him in at the hospital.

And of course, there’s his Superman complex that’s already manifesting itself. You’ve seen how Superman flies with one arm stretched out in front and the other at his side. That’s how Ryan decided to he was going to come out. With the cord wrapped around his neck – and arm – and leg. The doctor had been paying close attention to his heart rate, though, and knew something was up so as soon as Kristine had pushed about 5 times, they called it off and did a C-section. They both came through fine.

Oh yeah, and for all you who warned me about getting hosed. Must he try and do it EVERY time I change his diaper.

Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryan Hart
Member # 5513

- posted      Profile for Ryan Hart           Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats man. Excellent name as well.
Posts: 650 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

- posted      Profile for Erik Slaine           Edit/Delete Post 
Yes zgator. Every single time.

Congratulations: if you have no others yet, you are about to embark on an experience like no other! Have a cigar (chocolate, of course!)!

Posts: 1843 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlemissattitude
Member # 4514

- posted      Profile for littlemissattitude   Email littlemissattitude         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Oh yeah, and for all you who warned me about getting hosed. Must he try and do it EVERY time I change his diaper.
Absolutely. It's a game they play. And don't think they aren't doing it on purpose. It's their first way of doing this: [Taunt]

Congratulations, by the way. [Smile]

Edit: hit the wrong smilie.

[ September 18, 2003, 09:18 AM: Message edited by: littlemissattitude ]

Posts: 2454 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations.
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

Actually, it might be related to the fabled tendancy for guys to miss...
Posts: 1843 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
[Party]
Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
Woohoo! Congratulations!!!!!

[Party]

If there is any good time to use the party smilie, this is it. [Smile]

Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!!!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

[Party]

Did you get the info I sent you?

**Ela**

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!!! [Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations, Zan and Kristine!!! That's so wonderful! I was thinking about you yesterday, thinking it must be soon.

I'll permit Ryan date Rayne when they're 35. [Smile]

(and yes, he has to make the grand attempt at watering Daddy every time -- and when it gets time to potty train, he'll hit the floor every time [Big Grin] )

Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! Congratulations Zan and Kristine! Welcome to the world Ryan Alexander!

[Party]

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
ConGratz!!!!

How long until he posts here?

Try this hint, buy and old rain coat only to be used when diaper changing duty rears its ugly head, literally.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amka
Member # 690

- posted      Profile for Amka   Email Amka         Edit/Delete Post 
Woot!
Posts: 3495 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations, Gator family.

<Insert borderline-offensively abundant use of smilies here.>

--Pop

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
CongratZ!

You have cloth diapers around, right? Just put one of those over him as soon as you take off his diaper. It covers things up nicely. Or, and this is more fun, start to take his diaper off, and then put it back. Wait a for a second or 30 and then take it off. It seems like the second cool air hits them down there, they go. So, hit him with a little air and cover him right back up again. By the time you take it off the second time, he should be empty. [Wink]

Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
Whoo-hoo! Congratulations Zan!
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
BABY!!! ^-^ I love babies. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

[Party]

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jaiden
Member # 2099

- posted      Profile for Jaiden   Email Jaiden         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats!!! [Big Grin]
Posts: 944 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 3262

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay!! I'm so happy to hear that he and his mother are both healthy and happy. And you too, of course! [Big Grin]

Congratulations!
[The Wave]

Posts: 2661 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
larisse
Member # 2221

- posted      Profile for larisse   Email larisse         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats on the little gator! And remember to duck.

[Party]

Posts: 822 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Head Ditch Digger
Member # 5085

- posted      Profile for Head Ditch Digger   Email Head Ditch Digger         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats
Posts: 1244 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Damien
Member # 5611

- posted      Profile for Damien   Email Damien         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, use a towel to block when you're between diapers... *SIGH*.... congratulations, and best of luck to the three of you.

(((((zgator)))))
(((((Mom)))))
(((((Ryan)))))

My baby was 7 lbs, 6 oz and 19 inches. He peed everywhere. Covered or not. He likes screeching. Like and owl. Only worse...and more often. He liked chewing on noses. And chins. And he didn't like strangers. He was a boy after me own heart... *sigh* Love this child the best you know how, and everything will be fine. ***EDIT-because times can/most likely will get rough eventually.***

[Group Hug]
(((((zgator)))))
(((((Mom)))))
(((((Ryan)))))
[Group Hug]

~¤~Damien~¤~

[ September 18, 2003, 12:54 PM: Message edited by: Damien ]

Posts: 677 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toretha
Member # 2233

- posted      Profile for Toretha   Email Toretha         Edit/Delete Post 
awwww! congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 3493 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Mooselet has only peed once while being changed (and hit neither mommy nor daddy, but only the floor), but that doesn't mean much. His surgery left a hole below his bellybutton that dribbled urine pretty regularly, so we still had to cover that up while he was being changed. But combined pre-surgery and post-reversal-surgery, only once, and it's been just about a year. We're lucky people.

Of course, since I mentioned it, I have invoked "The Jinx," and our second child will undoubtedly earn the nickname "Young Faithful."

--Pop

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cecily
Member # 5675

- posted      Profile for Cecily           Edit/Delete Post 
[Laugh] @ Moose.

Congratulations on the birth of your baby!! I'm so glad everything went well and that you're officially sleep deprived. Woohoo!!! [The Wave]

Posts: 75 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

So when will you be posting pictures? We want pictures, dude. Pictures. Right away.
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
That's wonderful, Zan.

Thank you for being one of the people that accepts the responsibility of parenthood. If you're anything like your Hatrack persona, you're an amazing person and you're going to love your kid more than breath.

Give your wife and son hugs from the Ralphster. And thank you. [Smile]

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for all the congrats guys. I'm spending a week home with the family to a little bonding. I thought I'd have so much free time to Hatrack, but...

Ela, I never got anything, but they are both doing great. Male Hatrackers who have no interest in the finer points of breastfeeding, turn away now. They both got kudos from the lactation nurse on duty when they started for doing such a good job. Things got very difficult our first night home when the whole engorgement thing happened and he couldn't latch on. Wow, that really pissed him off. We made it through with some advice from friends and literature and then made an appointment with a lactation consultant who was also a great help. It's amazing just how complicated such a natural process is.

Kayla, we have been doing that with a diaper, wipe, whatever. But he got his dingle snipped and you have to put vaseline on it til its done healing. That action gives him a window of opportunity. [Grumble]
I'm going to try and get pictures up as soon as we get some pictures scanned in.

[ September 18, 2003, 03:53 PM: Message edited by: zgator ]

Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
::turns away and says his congratulations::
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

Zan, the info is probably sitting at work, why'd you give me your work address? [Wink] I promise I wouldn't have stalked you. [Razz]

**Ela**

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations! [Smile]
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats!!! [Big Grin]
Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

Hey, breastfeeding is the way to go!

Dude! [Big Grin]

Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

- posted      Profile for Zalmoxis           Edit/Delete Post 
Dang, z. That's the funniest use of 'window of opportunity' I have ever heard.

And: Congrats!

Posts: 3423 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arthur
Member # 4026

- posted      Profile for Arthur   Email Arthur         Edit/Delete Post 
CONGRATS!!!!! [Party] Thomas and I would like to welcome the newest little guy...Time is precious. Thomas will be 4 months on Sat..it certainly doesn't feel that long [Party]
Posts: 153 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
When my boy(s) were born, the doctor said something about you could tell when they were just about to pee all over you -- they would stretch their toes up (like turn their toe up toward their head) No-- not the whole leg -- just the big toe or something.

Anyone else ever heard of that?

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ginette
Member # 852

- posted      Profile for ginette   Email ginette         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations zgator!!!!!

[Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

Would it be OK if I hold him for a minute?

[[[[[ Ryan Alexander ]]]]]

Thanks! Wonderful kid!

[ September 18, 2003, 05:02 PM: Message edited by: ginette ]

Posts: 1247 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tonguetied&twisted
Member # 5159

- posted      Profile for tonguetied&twisted   Email tonguetied&twisted         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Oooh oooh can I hold him, too? He's adorable!

(((((Ryan Alexander)))))
(((((zgator)))))
(((((Kristine)))))

[The Wave]

[ September 18, 2003, 05:13 PM: Message edited by: tonguetied&twisted ]

Posts: 1111 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christy
Member # 4397

- posted      Profile for Christy   Email Christy         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, congratulations! What a relief that they caught Ryan's strain with the umiblical cord. *is endlessly impressed with modern medicine*

What a joyous time! Be sure to get SOME rest. [Smile]

*awaits the pictures with joy*

Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats to the whole Gator clan!

[The Wave] [The Wave] [The Wave]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jebus202
Member # 2524

- posted      Profile for jebus202   Email jebus202         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, congrats! I nominate his hatrack sn being zgittle.
Posts: 3564 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Or zgatot. [Big Grin]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
That really is wonderful what modern medicine can do. My parents' first baby had the same thing, but was still delievered (breech and all). His oxygen was cut off for about ten minutes and he died later that day.

Sorry to be maudlin. I'm just overwhelmingly relieved that all is okay.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats!

[Party]

...and, some advice to the breastfeeding mom: Lanolin is your friend. Buy a small tube of it at the drugstore, you may have to ask for it. Use right after feeding. Lotion is NOT the same. Trust me on this!

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

If you are using lanolin, use Lansinoh, not any old over the counter lanolin.

[ September 18, 2003, 06:24 PM: Message edited by: Ela ]

jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
Hunh. I had a tube of Lasinoh that went completely unused...I just never needed it. I think waiting to get a good latch *every* time makes a difference.
Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

And test it somewhere other than the nipple first! Some people are allergic to lanolin. [Angst]
Ela
Member # 1365

quote:
Hunh. I had a tube of Lasinoh that went completely unused...I just never needed it. I think waiting to get a good latch *every* time makes a difference.
Yes, it does, jeniwren. Lansinoh is definitely not a necessity for nursing moms, but it can be helpful, if needed.

**Ela**

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.