FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » What is your 2-5 year old watching on TV? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: What is your 2-5 year old watching on TV?
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
I loved Electric Company! Wow, hadn't thought of that show in years. Never really compared BtL (hey, it's not my fault the abbreviation is the same!) to it, but yeah, I see what you mean.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ae
Member # 3291

- posted      Profile for ae   Email ae         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
So if it's okay for Dr. Ruth to leave behind what made her famous and work with children, is it also okay for Dr. Laura to do that? Or wouldn't you always want to keep a close eye on everything both of them says?
I assume the producers of the childrens' television show would do that for you, pooka. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 2443 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayelar
Member # 183

- posted      Profile for Ayelar   Email Ayelar         Edit/Delete Post 
What's wrong with Dr. Ruth? I've seen her column a few times, and it's not nearly as bad as some of the misinformation some people are spreading around. I saw a show on late-night cable a month ago where some old, old lady was sort of doing the same thing, taking calls and dispensing advice... but the advice was just awful!

[guy] "Um, I'm thinking that I might be attracted to guys, and I have a girlfriend. What should I tell her?"
[old lady] "Well, if you only *think* you might be attracted to guys, there's no reason to tell her yet. You should go have a sexual encounter with a guy, see how you feel about it, then tell the girlfriend if you end up deciding you prefer guys. That way, you don't have to lose her if this is a temporary thing!"
[guy] "Uh.... okay."

Every call was like that, with just infuriating advice. [Mad]

Posts: 2220 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Miami will be laid to burnination this weekend by the Bills.

It's not good to mess up your trash talking.

Final score, Finns 17, Bills 7 [Razz] *gloat*

Hey Tick: [Taunt] [Taunt] [Taunt]

[Big Grin]

**Ela**

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
[Angst]

I just noticed that too, moose.

Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
Gotta hand it to the Dolphins, that was painful to watch. Although it was more stupid play calling than anything. That's two weeks in a row with a goofy stunt play. I still feel that the Bills did well defensively though, Ricky had to grind out his yards, not much in the big play department. Just you wait until they come up here in the dead of winter. [Evil]
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ladyday
Member # 1069

- posted      Profile for ladyday   Email ladyday         Edit/Delete Post 
So what -did- the egg say to the other egg?
Posts: 1676 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
"Between the Lions" is wonderful. It teaches reading skills in context, and it even explores literary concepts. Also, it has in-jokes for the grownups (like Dr. Ruth's segment). I love it. I enjoy "Gawaine's Word", a takeoff of Wayne's World, "Cliff Hanger"...(insert music)Cliff Hanger, hanging from a cliff, and that's why he's called Cliff Hanger!, and "Chicken Jane", a very hilarious takeoff of Dick and Jane.

Abby also enjoys Zoboomafoo, Dragon Tales, Caillou, Sagwa, and Dora the Explorer.

And for a while, she absolutely adored Monster Garage!!!!!

Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

- posted      Profile for UofUlawguy   Email UofUlawguy         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, imagine a (barely) four year old, who can't say his r's, l's, or th's (probably at least in part because of a thumb-sucking problem), who comes up to you as you're washing your hands for dinner, and asks

"What did the egg say to the other egg?"

"What?"

"What did the egg say to the other egg?"

"I don't know."

"You crack me up! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha" etc.

So, it's one of those things where the joke isn't funny, but it's the source. I had never told him a joke before that I can remember, and I had never heard him tell one. But the guys on Zaboomafoo apparently tell one of these cheesy little jokes every day, so he has started repeating them. He really did crack me up.

UofUlawguy

Posts: 1652 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.