FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Wow, I just saw the Animatrix DVD and...

Author Topic: Wow, I just saw the Animatrix DVD and...
WheatPuppet
Member # 5142

- posted      Profile for WheatPuppet   Email WheatPuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
I was kinda dissapointed. I liked a few of the films, I was neutral on a few of the films, and I hated a few of them.

I really liked Final Flight of the Osirus, Matriculation, Program, and Detective Story. Final Flight explained a little about Reloaded, and it was interesting to watch, but it was a bit on the shallow side. I thought the idea behind Matriculation was really cool, even if the visuals were confusing and trippy. I liked Program because it reminded me of designing new levels for Unreal Tournament (damn BSP holes!) and the anime Foolie Coolie now showing on Adult Swim. Detective story was just cool. I loved the '30's art-deco style. Oooh. Deco.

On the other hand, I was very dissapointed with both parts of The Second Renissance. They were fraught with plot holes which makes me more angry than I should be at a cartoon short film. It's almost like seeing a bad horror movie where you keep asking, "Why doesn't she..." or "Why is he doing that?" And the more I think about it, the more holes I see, and the more irritated I am that this is now Matrix canon. Ugh. [Grumble] [Mad]

Posts: 903 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
Can you elaborate a little more on the things about Second Renaissance that you didn't like?
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.