FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The any key

Author Topic: The any key
Danzig
Member # 4704

- posted      Profile for Danzig   Email Danzig         Edit/Delete Post 
It turns out I was pressing the wrong one.
Posts: 1364 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
that is a frequently asked question?

Gah!

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Anykey? I don't see any anykey! Wow, all this computer hacking is making me thirtsy, maybe I'll have a tab. Oops no time for that, the computer's started.
I haven't seen that episode in a bit so I might have butchered it, but Homer's still cool. [Cool]

Hobbes [Smile]

[ September 22, 2003, 01:21 AM: Message edited by: Hobbes ]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Damien
Member # 5611

- posted      Profile for Damien   Email Damien         Edit/Delete Post 
HAH, I was joking about that with my mom this afternoon, how ironic!

She thought I was talking about the 'any' key of an ATM, and said they should call it the 'any key but the cancel' key... cuz it told her to 'hit any key' and she hit cancel, but it simply cancelled.....

**looks back**

Wow, the report of the redundant department of redundancy reporting...

Posts: 677 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Believe it or not, there are tons upon tons of people who have no clue what a modem is, where the phone line should be connected, or how to set up your modem.

"So I need a phone line to connect to the internet?"
"Yes."
"Well, how will I get any calls?"

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
They're just afraid they'd miss a call from you Nathan, and know one wants that. [Kiss] [Monkeys]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
One of the keyboards in our office does, in fact have an "any" key. I found it, and other stick-on keys, at a strange art supply house. The button on my keyboard, which I use daily, says "duh".
Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlemissattitude
Member # 4514

- posted      Profile for littlemissattitude   Email littlemissattitude         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
that is a frequently asked question?

Actually, yes. Or anyway, it was when I took a computer class. The teacher also had to explain that humans cannot catch viruses from computers, or anyway not unless someone has sneezed on the keys recently. No joke.

It was a cool class, though. The teacher found a way to incorporate an old recording of "Who's On First" into a lecture.

Posts: 2454 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.