FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Depression (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Depression
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Hatrack is indeed better group therapy than anyone could deserve or hope for. Thank you all.

Mooselet has napped quite well the past two days, and the night before last actually went to sleep very easily, and slept most of the way through the night (about 8 hours uninterrupted). Last night not so much, though. I think that rather than abandonment issues per se, it is indeed that he feels his position being usurped by the baby, as it's Mama he wants with him at night rather than me. (This is preferrable to a Freudian/Oedipal view of things, or to the preposterous idea that he likes her more than me. [Smile] ) He ended up coming quietly out of his room last night, and falling asleep in the hall. The transfer back to his bed (well, the second time anyway) was painless. He did wake up briefly, but fell back asleep quickly.

In addition, and undoubtedly through the efforts of all you people, even when he had difficulty going down, I felt no anger this time, only compassion. I wanted him to be able to sleep for his sake rather than for mine, which is an important change that I hope remains. Again, my thanks to you, oh virtual witnesses of my catharsis, and denizens of my second home.

--Pop

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
[Group Hug] It's totally true.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((all the Meese)))))
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.