FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Don't Make Me Come Over There

Author Topic: Don't Make Me Come Over There
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
We've worked far too long to break Tom of his "j/k [Smile] " habit for you to come along and mess with it now.
Yes. Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes.

For those of you who do not get Tom's sense of humor, let me please explain something to you: he will never deliberately be offensive or caustic in a thread about something as irrelevant as clothes - yes IRRELEVANT.

For those who think you know him oh-so-much, you are not using your keen powers of observation and perception picking up things the rest of of us are not. Think whatever you want to about Tom, but he is NOT A BASTARD. While he will not back down about topics he feels are important, he is generally extremely diplomatic and actually cares *shock* what people think enough to couch his words carefully.

Am I making this thread because I care about your feelings? No.

Am I making this thread because I care about Tom's feelings? Maybe a little.

Am I making this thread because we just finally broke Tom of the habit of making a feaking "j/k" and happy face after all his jokes? YES, by god. YES.

Stop with the freaking about about Tom, or so help me I WILL come over there.

[ September 23, 2003, 02:45 PM: Message edited by: Ralphie ]

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Will you bring cheese?

Hobbes [Smile]

[ September 23, 2003, 02:38 PM: Message edited by: Hobbes ]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Hear hear!! (to Ralphie's post, not to the cheese!!) [Wink]

[ September 23, 2003, 02:39 PM: Message edited by: Narnia ]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

Hobbes - Maybe. But don't make me use my cheese on you. You won't like it.
Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Principal
Member # 5721

- posted      Profile for The Principal           Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm. Cheese. I wonder what the cafeteria is serving for lunch today?
Posts: 66 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

Would you let me eat it instead of having you "use" the cheese. I mean, how do you even "use" cheese? It's a food. A darn good food!

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Ralphie: You're doing great! Now follow up with the old, "I will turn this Forum AROUND!"... Gets those kids to shut up every time... [Big Grin]
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

*Is actively not making Ralphie come over here*

[Razz] [Wink] [Razz]

[Kiss]

Hobbes [Smile]

Sal
Member # 3758

- posted      Profile for Sal           Edit/Delete Post 
:: goes to look for an arbitrary chance for TomD-harrassment ::

I don't even mind the cheese...

Posts: 1045 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Thread title: Don't Make Me Come Over There.

First comment from Ralphie: Yes. Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes.

<Relieved this isn't....>

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sal
Member # 3758

- posted      Profile for Sal           Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]
Pop, that's what I thought, too. I just didn't dare to say it...

Posts: 1045 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh my goodness...
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

HOLY FLARKING SCHNIT!!! [Eek!]

[No No]

[ September 23, 2003, 03:55 PM: Message edited by: Ralphie ]

pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Who is the quote by? I'm lost... Do I actually have to read more of the forum? Are you saying there are people out there who don't always yield to anyone with a higher post count? This is deeply shocking to me. [Cry]
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christy
Member # 4397

- posted      Profile for Christy   Email Christy         Edit/Delete Post 
Eeep! Don't make ME come over there! I'm on to you, woman!

*stakes claim on her husband in very big signs with bright colors*

*seconds the opinion that Tom is not a bastard*
*will come after any who say otherwise*

*notes that Tom's humor is usually pretty deadpan in person, too*

Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
*grin* Does this mean we have to call off the kidnapping plan?
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yebor1
Member # 1380

- posted      Profile for Yebor1   Email Yebor1         Edit/Delete Post 
Tom MY arch nemesis

J/K [Smile]

[Hat]

Posts: 1661 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Head Ditch Digger
Member # 5085

- posted      Profile for Head Ditch Digger   Email Head Ditch Digger         Edit/Delete Post 
Let me get this straight, if I say Tom is a mean old fart (The clean version), I would have not one but two women chasing after me.

Tom, You're a mean old fart

Posts: 1244 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rita Spankmistress
Member # 3484

- posted      Profile for Rita Spankmistress           Edit/Delete Post 
I got your back Ralphie.

Rita brandishes her riding crop threateningly

Posts: 114 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

Christy - Oh, sweetie. He is SO all yours.

However, he's much, much funnier when he doesn't write "j/k [Smile] " and since I worship at the shrine of funny, I cannot allow any impediments as this would be sacreligious.

HDD - [Razz]

Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
::Would be very, ver afraid if Rita were to announce that she had my "back"::
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christy
Member # 4397

[ROFL]
Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
When Tom doesn't add the j/k, I get to feel all superior and stuff if I get the joke. If I don't see anything funny, I can remain blissfully unaware of my lack of wit. It's a win-win situation for me.
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christy
Member # 4397

zgator, imagine what its like in real life! [Big Grin] I must say there are a lot of times I'm blissfully ignorant. I practically jump up and down when I catch references. [Blushing]
Ralphie
Member # 1565

Since Rita is my creation, though in the hands of another, if she has my 'back' is that officially onanism?

:: ponders ::

Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd say so, yes.

You'll go blind Ralphie, blind! Is that what you want?

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Please, think of the kittens.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Head Ditch Digger
Member # 5085

- posted      Profile for Head Ditch Digger   Email Head Ditch Digger         Edit/Delete Post 
MMMMM kittens.

*drools*

Posts: 1244 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

Sometimes I wonder if HDD is right in the noggin'.
Head Ditch Digger
Member # 5085

Stop wondering.

It really depends on which voice has the control at that moment.

There are two that I know of, but you would have to ask the others, they may know of more.

[ September 23, 2003, 06:27 PM: Message edited by: Head Ditch Digger ]

suntranafs
Member # 3318

- posted      Profile for suntranafs   Email suntranafs         Edit/Delete Post 
Soooo... Tom is not a bastard. I agree with this now, but it took me a very long time to relize it... He's a Jerk!
[Wink] j/k
rofl at the irony.

Posts: 1103 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
jerk being the third derivative of distance

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

I love it, AJ, but how many people do you think will get it?
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
you did! [Wink] AJ
Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
banna, i don't even know how to respond to that.
Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
So, if Tom is jerk that means he has the integral of anyone on this forum. Except, perhaps, m^2. Who I'm going to call (1/3)m^3 + c from now on.

[ September 24, 2003, 04:26 PM: Message edited by: Bob the Lawyer ]

Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
You know what's sad? I know just enough physics to know what the third derivative of distance IS -- the rate of change in acceleration -- but apparently not enough to know why that's funny in connection with me and the word "jerk."

*hides face in hands*

I used to be a geek. I did.

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Head Ditch Digger
Member # 5085

Saxon, stop getting the others to join in you being a wet blanket.

[ September 24, 2003, 04:28 PM: Message edited by: Head Ditch Digger ]

saxon75
Member # 4589

If you only knew the power of the Dark Side.
Head Ditch Digger
Member # 5085

I am sure you could expound on the properties of dark matter.
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
*phew* Tom, I thought I was somehow calculating the derivative wrong! (And since I'm really supposed to be studying for the actuary test right now, that would be BAD.)
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

Jerk is just the name for the change in acceleration.

Hobbes [Smile]

Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
I no longer wonder why I majored in social work.

[Razz]

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.