FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Of possible interest to Slash, Twinky, and other music-related people...

Author Topic: Of possible interest to Slash, Twinky, and other music-related people...
T. Analog Kid
Member # 381

- posted      Profile for T. Analog Kid   Email T. Analog Kid         Edit/Delete Post 
Last Sunday night I got to play with two of my local heroes, Darin (Guitar) and Mike(Drums) of Foursidecircle . They invited me to participate in "Underdog"-- An Alt./Progressive Rock flavored improvisational project (think Jane's Addiction meets Rush, but with no vocals).

So we went out Sunday night and completely winged (wung?) it, never having played together in public before (and only having played together once before, on a studio recording for a friend). No charts, no plan, not even calling out chords to each other... just totally in the moment improv. It came out pretty sweet. I got the mixing board recording which, since it wasn't multitracked, doesn't sound especially pristine, but is pretty good for straight off the board. There's a little too much delay on the guitar and each instrument has it's turn of being a little too buried, but all in all it's 52 mins of the best playing I've ever been involved with and defintely the best I've ever played.

It's only one track, 52 mins long, and that's just way too big to download, but if you want to hear it, send your snail mail addy (PO box, whatever) to me at paco1@norrath.net and I will mail you a copy of the CD. That goes for anyone, not just Slash and Twink.

P.S> - it's not one 52 minute song... but it was just recorded to one track, not broken up yet... sorry if that confused anyone...

[ September 24, 2003, 03:00 PM: Message edited by: T. Analog Kid ]

Posts: 2112 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T. Analog Kid
Member # 381

- posted      Profile for T. Analog Kid   Email T. Analog Kid         Edit/Delete Post 
*bump*
Posts: 2112 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be checking it out, TAK. [Smile]
Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
!!!!!!

Expect some e-mail from me, sir.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tonguetied&twisted
Member # 5159

- posted      Profile for tonguetied&twisted   Email tonguetied&twisted         Edit/Delete Post 
A little far to send to me. [Frown]
Posts: 1111 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T. Analog Kid
Member # 381

It should still get there... [Smile] tell you what, I'll check postage to New Zealand and we'll go from there...

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.