FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Making your Bed

Author Topic: Making your Bed
Macintosh_Hatrack
Member # 5737

- posted      Profile for Macintosh_Hatrack   Email Macintosh_Hatrack         Edit/Delete Post 
Today i remebered in school that i forgot to make my bed. Then i thought to myself making your bed is ****ing pointless your going to get back in to it the next night. I just dont understand, then i asked my mom why do you make my bed everyday and she couldnt really come up with an awnser.I think everyone should bring this up with there mothers.
Posts: 3 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Damien
Member # 5611

- posted      Profile for Damien   Email Damien         Edit/Delete Post 
I sleep in the living room, on the couch. Not in my bedroom, in my bed.... sorry.

I don't 'make' the couch, either.

~D~

Posts: 677 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
Before I went to College, I never made my bed. Now that my entire being is contained within a ten foot square, the most obvious part being my bed, I'm more inclined to make it look nice for visitors.

Oh, and by 'making' I mean pulling the comforter down so it looks made, and letting the sheets roam.

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't bother making my bed. No one sees it but me. My bed is just a mattress with blankets on it.
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Macintosh_Hatrack
Member # 5737

- posted      Profile for Macintosh_Hatrack   Email Macintosh_Hatrack         Edit/Delete Post 
thats basicly what i do to just pull the comforter over. passes moms approval
Posts: 3 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlemissattitude
Member # 4514

- posted      Profile for littlemissattitude   Email littlemissattitude         Edit/Delete Post 
I've always thought that making a bed is a monumental waste of time.
Posts: 2454 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ana kata
Member # 5666

- posted      Profile for ana kata   Email ana kata         Edit/Delete Post 
I only make mine when I change the sheets. I agree that it's a waste of time to make it every day, and anyway I prefer to sleep in a bed that's rumpled and loose and not all tucked and smooth.

It's always hard to get me to do any work that just has to be done all over again the very next day. Seems like it's so pointless. Laundry at least only has to be done once a week or so. Dishes are not something I really have at my house very often cause I feed the cats on paper plates and I don't cook for just myself but eat out when I do eat. Cat maintenance I do of course every day. They have me well trained for that. Other housework gets done right before visitors are due over and not usually otherwise. [Smile]

Posts: 968 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayelar
Member # 183

- posted      Profile for Ayelar   Email Ayelar         Edit/Delete Post 
I only make beds when it's the guest bed, or when someone's going to be touring our bedroom. I far prefer crawling into a pile of blankets over prying back flat, neatly tucked-in sheets. A made bed makes me feel like I'm in a hotel room, while a tousled bed makes me feel like I'm snuggled up in a comfortable nest.
Posts: 2220 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
I remember one night that after my wife had freshly made the bed, I ran into the bedroom and dove into it since it was so nicely turned down.

Brand new satin sheets, by the way, are just slightly less slick than ice and the human head can and will dent sheetrock wallboard.

The good news is that the cocker spaniel is recovering nicely.

Run Run Run LEAP WHSSSSSHT KA-THUD arooooooooo!!!!!!

Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

- posted      Profile for Erik Slaine           Edit/Delete Post 
Ooooh! Slippery!
Posts: 1843 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wieczorek
Member # 5565

- posted      Profile for wieczorek   Email wieczorek         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a tendency to forget making my bed, but I try whenever I remember - my cats like to sleep on my pillows during the day and I have allergies. That cocker spaniel incident is actually humorous...

[ September 25, 2003, 03:08 PM: Message edited by: wieczorek ]

Posts: 667 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
I like having the sheets tucked in at the bottom because my feet get cold. So if it ever gets so unmade that the bottom sheets come loose then I make it again. Most of the time we only make it when we change the sheets.

Here's one for you, about how often do you change your sheets? We've discovered that if we don't change them at least weekly we both end up getting more significant acne on the side of our face that is against the pillow.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Sarcasticmuppet hit on the major point for me -- square-footage. Make the bed, and half the room suddenly looks good.
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Head Ditch Digger
Member # 5085

- posted      Profile for Head Ditch Digger   Email Head Ditch Digger         Edit/Delete Post 
I would make the bed, but it would do no good. My wife would just mess it up when she got out of bed an hour later.
Posts: 1244 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Exactly, Pop. It makes the whole room look better.

I never used to do it, but now I find that the minute or two (I don't bother to do much with the sheet, it's sewn at the bottom anyway) that it takes to twitch the quilt back into place and straighten the pillows makes my mood brighter every time I walk into the room.

The kids don't argue (much) about making theirs when mine's already made, either.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
For my wife and I, she makes the bed in the mornings while I pack a lunch for her.

[ September 25, 2003, 03:53 PM: Message edited by: Sopwith ]

Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.