FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » A signing question for Kristine (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: A signing question for Kristine
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
Did he slap you?
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
The fact that he didn't is proof of his generosity. [Big Grin]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kacard
Administrator
Member # 200

- posted      Profile for kacard   Email kacard         Edit/Delete Post 
Was that YOU Hobbes??? [Laugh] We still laugh at that question at least 6 times a day at our house. And we trusted you with vetting the Crystal City manuscript? [Grumble] What were we thinking! [Dont Know]

Just kidding of course. [Wave]

(((((Hobbes)))))

[ September 26, 2003, 07:44 PM: Message edited by: kacard ]

Posts: 780 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

I had no idea I was that funny. [Eek!]

[EDIT: [Wave] <--Back at ya' [Big Grin] ]

Hobbes [Smile]

[ September 26, 2003, 07:48 PM: Message edited by: Hobbes ]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
I asked a far stupider question the first time I met Mr. Card (the question itself wasn't stupid, but the asking of it was, and that's as specific as I'll get), and I sincerely hope he doesn't remember.

And I was wearing a cowboy hat and boots at the time, too. *winces just remembering, for multiple reasons*

--Pop

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm totally unable to picture you in a cowboy hat.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
Why didn't I see this thread earlier? [Wall Bash]

Rest assured this classic will get bumped.

Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

quote:
I'm totally unable to picture you in a cowboy hat.
Me too! Though I also have trouble picturing you without Mooselet... [Big Grin]

Hobbes [Smile]

mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Pop, I think I may with with the worst way to get recognized. I'd have to flip them off before they realized it was ME. o_O

"And you are?"

"Mackillian."

"Who?"

"Jamie."

"Who?"

--I--

"OH!" *collective gasp that fan flipped off author and wife*

[Wall Bash]

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

(((((((((Mack))))))))) [Big Grin] [Kiss] [ROFL] [Big Grin]

Hobbes [Smile]

[ September 26, 2003, 08:37 PM: Message edited by: Hobbes ]

Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL] [Big Grin] [ROFL]
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
Mr. Card, sir, is it pronounced Ha-track or Hat-rack?

[Big Grin] [Wink] [Big Grin]

of course, I could only ask him that if I went to a signing. Near where I lived. In Provo. Hint, hint. [Big Grin]

[ September 27, 2003, 08:52 PM: Message edited by: sarcasticmuppet ]

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
Hat-rack.

This is how he prounounced it at Boot Camp. Devasted my whole understanding of the forum.

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
darn it all. I never pronounce words correctly.
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't get it. How else would you pronounce it? :raised eyebrow smiley:
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

what? Ha-track takes less effort to say.
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
And those of us that pronounce it that way are laaaaaazy. [Smile]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Her Royal Sweekiness
Member # 5747

- posted      Profile for Her Royal Sweekiness           Edit/Delete Post 
and proud.
Posts: 59 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
Hadn't even occured to me that one could pronounce it Ha-track 'till I met Paul who says it that way.
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
The first question I asked Mr Card was:

"Could I get a picture of you squishing my head?"

Hobbes, I think you're in the clear for asking weird questions. But it was a question that I had to ask. So ha!

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Julie
Member # 5580

- posted      Profile for Julie   Email Julie         Edit/Delete Post 
Ha-track, as in laugh track? I always thought hat-rack made sense, though now I have no clue why.
Posts: 981 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm confused myself on this "other" pronunciation. are we talkin' "HuhTRACK" or "Ha-Track" like "let's take a trip down to the Ha-Track"...i always knew we pronounced each others handles incorrectly, but i never thought there were multiple pronunciations for the actual website name! [Smile]
Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Julie
Member # 5580

- posted      Profile for Julie   Email Julie         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 981 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
I once wrote a parody about this place entitled "HalfTrack." The ever-popular science fiction author who set up the site gets killed off, and one of the posters did it.

Ever since then, I read "Hatrack" as "HalfTrack." [Smile]

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

*tackles CT*

Why aren't you on AIM?

ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

mack, I'm on my way to bed, and I'm just not up to AIM. It moves too fast. [Frown] I'm getting kinda creaky in my old age.

[Wall Bash] <---- the sound my kees make going up stairs

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

(sadly, it's true. Crunch. Crunch. Crunch. )
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

Listen to CT going upstairs to bed, trailing gray hairs behind.

(crunch. crunch. crunch. crunch.)

[Wave]
G'night, boys and girls.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.