FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Stop the get-togethers. Now.

Author Topic: Stop the get-togethers. Now.
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
[Mad]

--|--

[Mad]

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
But you're invited Kama! [Group Hug]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
And just when I was going to suggest a Hatrack Poland get together! I was going to fly everybody over too. Oh well, if you say so, I guess I'll just forget about it.

Would have been fun though.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

- posted      Profile for Trogdor the Burninator   Email Trogdor the Burninator         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, it IS hard to get together with a computer program.

Or are you a virus?

Posts: 1481 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

--|--
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

This thread need more non-red smilies.

[Group Hug] [Kiss] [Wave] [Razz]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

[Wall Bash]
Hobbes
Member # 433

[Smile] [Roll Eyes] [Laugh]

Hobbes [Smile]

BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
((Kama)) I'm sorry there have been a regular proliferation of them recently. I'm in part responsible for a couple of them and I do feel bad for people far away who can't come.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
I'd give you the finger in return, Kama, but I think continuing to attend get-togethers will suffice.

[Taunt]

Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
[Roll Eyes]

Oh, sure. You just want us to stop having these get-togethers because it makes you feel jealous. How pathetic. You're the same kind of person who keeps popping up to whine about those popularity threads.

[Razz]

Just get over it!

EDIT because saxon was right.

[ September 29, 2003, 03:50 PM: Message edited by: Icarus ]

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

no
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
Ic, I think you left out a few j/ks.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm with Kama, cut it out... Or else have one in my neck of the woods.
Sorry, Kama. Alliance of convenience and all that. [Wave]

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Kama, my wife and I are looking into adoption from Russia. There is a chance we may have to go to Poland for some of the paperwork (don't ask).

If we do, we can have our own get together.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Godric
Member # 4587

- posted      Profile for Godric   Email Godric         Edit/Delete Post 
I refuse to stop getting together until I've eaten all your food and slept in all your beds.

[Evil]

[Angst]

[Big Grin]

Posts: 1295 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ethics Gradient
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Ethics Gradient   Email Ethics Gradient         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I'm with Kama on this one.

--|-- you all. [Grumble]

Posts: 2945 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I really do care about all you international hatrackers and how you feel about the US gatherings.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Kama, if it's any consolation, probably 25% of us will retire to Poland in order to live off the pitiful Social Security payments we're likely to be getting by then...
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

Would love that, Dan [Smile]

As for the others:

--|--

And, especially for mack:

--|-- --|--

Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
I feel that way too, Kama. *sigh* But we still have the chance to meet those wonderful persons on the Internet. That's something after all.
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I feel special! [Big Grin]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
You are special !
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
What I wish I had was some local friends. I've been living near Boston for 2 years and I still don't have one local friend [Frown]
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Is it me or are you actually mis-spelling the "offensive hand guesture"?-\/-- (this is my new "peace hand guesture") -|--| or "Hang loose" Oh, wait, is that offensive also? I never knew for sure.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

- posted      Profile for Javert   Email Javert         Edit/Delete Post 
I agree...I swear, the next get together better be on the northern east coast or I'm gonna....I'm gonna.....bahhhhhhhhhhh! [Mad]

[Wink]

Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

<-- not misspelling anything
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
Kama, I will be working in Germany again this coming summer and my husband and I are considering bicycle touring options. How is the bicycling in Poland?
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

Not really my cup of tea, but I suppose it's not bad. Although cycling inside bigger towns might be a bit of a nuissance. I'd recommend the mountains (not Tatra, though - too high), or the Mazury region (wonderful lakes).

[Smile]

Polemarch
Member # 3293

- posted      Profile for Polemarch   Email Polemarch         Edit/Delete Post 
I tend to share sentiments with Kama. Not only have I not seen a single NY get-together, but I also have parents who would forbid me from going near a group of people I met on the internet. It's irritating to see people get together so frequently and to be left out. Even when OSC is touring around here he makes sure to come on a weekday during school. [Wall Bash]
Posts: 468 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 4842

- posted      Profile for *           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
but I also have parents who would forbid me from going near a group of people I met on the internet
psssssssssssst: so do I [Smile]
Posts: 353 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

Synesthia and Javert: WE HAD A GATHERING ON THE NORTHERN EAST COAST! [Mad]

Ya'll should've been there.

I'm coming after you both with my stick. Stay put.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.