FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » New RotK trailer!!! ( I weep with anticipation) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: New RotK trailer!!! ( I weep with anticipation)
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
It has Shelob, and Damnation, she looks real.
Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
*is looking to buy tickets online for Dec. 17*
[Wink]

Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 5710

- posted      Profile for 5710   Email 5710         Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone going to see the three in a row? [Hail]
Posts: 22 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amka
Member # 690

- posted      Profile for Amka   Email Amka         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.hatrack.com/ubb/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=018690

See it together, Jatraqueros.

Posts: 3495 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

I would LOVE to, Amka, but it's just too far. [Cry]

But I WILL Go, so if any Atlanta area Jatraqueros wanna join me for a triple feature and lunch, well, email's in the profile. [Smile]

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh man... if they do the bit with Éowyn right it's going to just rip my heart out.

From what I saw in the trailer... (the part with Éomer on the battlefield) ...looks like I should be putting in for a new heart ASAP so it's ready in time for Christmas.

[ September 29, 2003, 09:07 PM: Message edited by: twinky ]

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm doomed! Doomed! There's no way I can handle such stress! I didn't see the second one because it was too stressful... how am I going to manage the third!- I throw up under stress, not a pretty occurance... [Frown]

I'm dooooooomed....

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shepard
Member # 5613

- posted      Profile for Shepard   Email Shepard         Edit/Delete Post 
I promised myself I wouldnt watch the trailer. Last time, when the two towers was showing, I watched the trailer about 40 times in three days, and was so hyped up and excited that when the actual movie came around, I thought it was kind of a let down. I finally broke down and saw this one...and wow. I know its going to happen all over again, but that was really, really cool.
Posts: 28 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BYuCnslr
Member # 1857

- posted      Profile for BYuCnslr   Email BYuCnslr         Edit/Delete Post 
I think everybody here will appreciate this comic
http://www.gamespy.com/comics/dorktower/archive.asp?nextform=viewcomic&id=797
Satyagraha

Posts: 1986 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
How did NO ONE reply when I posted this very same thing?? You guys baffle me! [Wink] (Really, I'm joking.)
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey! I replied.... [Cry]
Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
Man... The Nazgul look so badass my knee is shaking uncontrollably... I hope that they do Saruman's death right, though...
Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toretha
Member # 2233

- posted      Profile for Toretha   Email Toretha         Edit/Delete Post 
*shivers* yummmy! avadaru? mae? mayday? we should go see it together

unless, mae, your parents don't want you coming with us, which I could understand

Posts: 3493 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
I plan on camping out on main street Bozeman to see it at the famous Ellen Theater. Cool kids will fly to Bozeman to join me in this.
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

Beren, I know you did hon. *pat pat* I appreciate you for that. [Smile]
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

Narnia, only us true fans downloaded the trailer with the huge neon chinese characters. [Smile]

[ September 30, 2003, 01:42 AM: Message edited by: Beren One Hand ]

Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

Exactly. You are exactly right. (((Beren))) [Big Grin]
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Anyone going to see the three in a row? [Hail]
Of course! Is anybody not?
Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fyfe
Member # 937

- posted      Profile for Fyfe   Email Fyfe         Edit/Delete Post 
That's right, my dear sister, don't invite me. It's not like I wanted to go anyway.

Jen

Posts: 910 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peterh
Member # 5208

- posted      Profile for peterh   Email peterh         Edit/Delete Post 
Narnia and Beren,

Credit to both of you for even being able to download that Chinese copy. I tried all afternoon Friday and couldn't ever get the page to load.

It makes me more than a little nervous about watching a movie when the trailer can nearly bring a tear to my eye. I may be a blubbering fool by the end of this one. (and I don't normally cry in movies)

78 days and counting, fyi

Posts: 995 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lime
Member # 1707

- posted      Profile for Lime   Email Lime         Edit/Delete Post 
Am I the only one that thought Shelob looked too small?

Aside from that, it's a great trailer... Vána and I are already budgeting money so we can see it as many times as we like. [Big Grin]

Posts: 753 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

- posted      Profile for MaydayDesiax   Email MaydayDesiax         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll go see it with you Toretha, as long as you don't lean over and ask what someone's going to do next! [Taunt] And can A come too? Pretty pretty please?
Posts: 873 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

I'm sorry , Narnia. I couldn't get yours to download. It kept locking up my comp, to the point I had to unplug the thing to be able to restart it. So when it came up on the quicktime site, I started a new thread. Sorry if I stepped on your toes. [Frown]

Lime- Yes, you are. [Wink] I'm not sure how far behind him that opening was supposed to be, though. I always thought of her as a bit larger than the hobbits. My hubby, the arachnophobe, was stunned, and that's good enough for me. [Wink]

Feyd Baron
Member # 1407

- posted      Profile for Feyd Baron   Email Feyd Baron         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I always thought Shelob was if a size that hobbits could crawl under her legs. Not really sure why I had that impression. The shelob in the trailer reminded me more of the spiders in the dark forest in The Hobbit. But, other than that, it looks great. Having read the books you can pick out the single second flashed pretty well.

Feyd Baron, DoC

Posts: 1000 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
"Yeah, I always thought Shelob was if a size that hobbits could crawl under her legs."

In the book, she is.

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Isn't the actor that plays Shelob the same actor that was in Chamber of Secrets?
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

- posted      Profile for msquared   Email msquared         Edit/Delete Post 
Damn my not being able to play quicktime movies. [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Grumble] [Cry]

msquared

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
It's been said before - but the Shelob we see in the trailer is ONLY HER HEAD and a leg or two, creeping around a corner. I have a feeling the rest of her's gonna be frickin' huge.
Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lime
Member # 1707

- posted      Profile for Lime   Email Lime         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's hopin', Taalcon. [Hat]
Posts: 753 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

Olivet, most dearest!! I was kidding!!! [Kiss] I'm sorry if I sounded serious. Post on, post on! [Big Grin]
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
There is a perspective problem in the small clip we see in the trailer. It is not easy to tell how far Frodo is in front of Shelob and so it's not easy to tell how big she is. I suspect that the movie will show us enough footage to clarify the issue.
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

- posted      Profile for Slash the Berzerker   Email Slash the Berzerker         Edit/Delete Post 
I got money says that ain't Shelob. I bet it's a minor minion type spider.

PJ is way to tricky to drop his underwear in a trailer like that, but he is EXACTLY tricky enough to give us a glimpse of something we will all think is Shelob.

Posts: 5383 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

- posted      Profile for Zalmoxis           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Narnia, only us true fans downloaded the trailer with the huge neon chinese characters.
And waited 2 1/2 hours for it to download on dial up.
Posts: 3423 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peterh
Member # 5208

- posted      Profile for peterh   Email peterh         Edit/Delete Post 
For msquared and anyone else that can't view the quicktime version: http://entertainment.msn.com/movies/movie.aspx?m=523187

It's a bit smaller than the Quicktime "Large" version but it works.

Posts: 995 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Slash, wow... I didn't think about that, but it is a strong possibility. I don't think it's true, but I don't discount the possibility.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
Slash, Unless PJ has made some very significant additions to the tale (which certainly not impossible) it has to be Shelob. Frodo is holding the glass of Galadriel in his hand and is clearly moving through a cave. The only time this happens in the book in in Shelobs lair and Shelob had not giant spider minions in her lair.
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toretha
Member # 2233

- posted      Profile for Toretha   Email Toretha         Edit/Delete Post 
*grins at Jenny*

I was hoping you'd notice [Taunt]

Jenny, my dear darling beloved sister who suffers the torments of a thousand Robyns without complaint, can I see RotK with you?

Mayday, of course! And WHY would I bother leaning over and asking what was going to happen when I already KNOW? Besides, I only do that when I know the person has SEEN the movie before.

[ September 30, 2003, 05:44 PM: Message edited by: Toretha ]

Posts: 3493 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
Slashy, he did it with Gandalf... I HATED having him in the trailers for TTT. It spoiled that scene for people who hadn't read the books, and ruined the suspense for those of us who had.

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
HELP!!! I have been forced to listen (LISTEN!!!!) to the damn trailer 3 times, BUT I CAN"T GET THE VIDEO TO WORK!!!!

The first link didn't work at all, and the second JUST PAYS THE SOUND!!!

HELP ME!!!! PLEASE!!!!

Kwea

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

**bump**
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

Well, I listened to it 3 more times....**breaks down weeping and muttering to himself**

This is truly Hell on earth......Library computers were just donated by Microsoft....you'd thing they would know how to play a damn windows media-player video clip....

Kwea

Olivet
Member # 1104

Have you tried going to the Quicktime site and making sure you have the most recent free player?

Narnia, I'm SOO glad! I'd have been upset if I thought I'd hurt your feelings. [Kiss]

Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
I think the tease was seeing 'part' of Shelob, and not the whole damn thing - just like the Balrog in Fellowship - we only saw his foot, not the entire thing in its splendiferous smoldering beauty.

I trust PJ!

Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Her Royal Sweekiness
Member # 5747

- posted      Profile for Her Royal Sweekiness           Edit/Delete Post 
There shouldn't have been that many shots of Eowyn-the-crossdresser, in my opinion. In the movie, It would admittedly be impossible to pass Eowyn off as a man, but it shouldn't have been so blatantly obvious in the trailer.

And the Saruman death thing, I don't know how PJ would do it. He said in the Extended FotR DVD he's not doing the sacking of the Shire. He'd have to make something up.

:::awaits tomatoes:::

[ September 30, 2003, 10:29 PM: Message edited by: Her Royal Sweekiness ]

Posts: 59 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

Did you all see that spoiler picture I posted a while back on the ROTK pictures thread? I'm too tired to go find it, but if you want to know a little bit about what happens to Saruman, you should check it out. I think it's also on ringbearer.org. Pretty shocking and NOT IN THE BOOK if you ask me!
Saruman
Member # 2275

- posted      Profile for Saruman           Edit/Delete Post 
In the movie, Saruman wins.
Posts: 651 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

I think he has set the stage to have Wormtongue kill him-- the tears Grima sheds in TT make it obvious. He DID, in the books, didn't he? I think the setting and means of the act will be different, but it makes sense.
Narnia
Member # 1071

Here's the link. I didn't post it directly to the picture because you need to be amply warned that there are spoilers. [Wink] Saruman, you LOSE honey! [Taunt]
Her Royal Sweekiness
Member # 5747

- posted      Profile for Her Royal Sweekiness           Edit/Delete Post 
HAA! I love the spoiler picture, I was completely shocked.
Posts: 59 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

[Hail]
quote:
And waited 2 1/2 hours for it to download on dial up.
So far, my favorite part of the trailer is when Gollum realizes that Sam was listening to his little "precious will be ours" speech. His grin disappeared faster than mushrooms on a Hobbit's dinner table. [Smile]
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.