FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Irrational Complaint Post (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The Irrational Complaint Post
tonguetied&twisted
Member # 5159

- posted      Profile for tonguetied&twisted   Email tonguetied&twisted         Edit/Delete Post 
I hate being irrational! [Mad]

Why am I such a pessimist? ::sigh::

Posts: 1111 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wieczorek
Member # 5565

- posted      Profile for wieczorek   Email wieczorek         Edit/Delete Post 
If you really want to make an optimist a pessimist just say that a glass can only stay half full until it evaporates [Wink]
Posts: 667 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ikantspel
Member # 5752

- posted      Profile for ikantspel   Email ikantspel         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
If you really want to make an optimist a pessimist just say that a glass can only stay half full until it evaporates
This reminds of a joke I came up with.
An optimist will look at this glass and say it's half full.
A pessimist will say its half empty.
A drunk will say "it's 3/4 full you ass" and smash a beer bottle over your head.

Posts: 190 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wieczorek
Member # 5565

- posted      Profile for wieczorek   Email wieczorek         Edit/Delete Post 
Then maybe the drunk was actually just more precise...hmmm...
Posts: 667 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ikantspel
Member # 5752

- posted      Profile for ikantspel   Email ikantspel         Edit/Delete Post 
Nope. The glass was filled exactly half way.(forgot to mention that)
*smashes beer bottle over Weiczorek's head*

[ October 04, 2003, 08:21 AM: Message edited by: ikantspel ]

Posts: 190 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
The hall in my dorm smells like drunk people.
Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
It really bothers me when people wear sunglasses on top of thier heads. I'm not sure why. Oh, and don't get me started on capri pants.
Do you also fall into the category of people who hate tennis playing people who tied their sweaters around their shoulders?

I hate the fact that Ontario wasted time and money on a non-counting, province wide high school election! The point of this was to make more young people aware of what it means to vote. Howevre this kind of died in my school since my idiot principal completely neglected to tell any of the students in the school that were were "voting". Thursay morning we find out five minutes before we're supposed to be learning how to make an informed, well-educated "decision". It would have taken a two minute announcement. It makes me SO VERY ANGRY. [Mad] [Wall Bash] Everyone was heading to the cafeteria saying things like "I think I'll vote _______ because I like blue." Luckily I had been following the election because I can vote next year (if I ever become a citizen...).

Wow. I'm happy to tell someone about this.

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Happy Camper
Member # 5076

- posted      Profile for Happy Camper   Email Happy Camper         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Do you also fall into the category of people who hate tennis playing people who tied their sweaters around their shoulders?
well, no, I don't. I might, but I don't think I watch enough tennis for that sort of behavior to grate on me.

I also just had to add another thing that bugs me, which is people using one word when they mean another. For instance someone mentioned Jason Mraz, who I think has the line in one of his songs "if you've got the poison, I've got the remedy". Now in a general sense, I suppose that could work, but I think he intended it to mean antidote specifically. Lots of other times one word is switched for another, but this is the only one I can think of at the moment.

Posts: 609 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.