FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Why isn't there a thread about this?!? (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Why isn't there a thread about this?!?
porcelain girl
Member # 1080

- posted      Profile for porcelain girl   Email porcelain girl         Edit/Delete Post 
and i can assure you that most girls that are sexually harrassed haven't been gyrating in front of the perpetrator in a thong and heels before the incident.

gah, yes, i am sure there are some stupid screwed up girls out there that take advantage of guys by teasing them then calling rat when the guy makes advances, but i can almost guarantee that when compared with the number of times a girl is messed with just because the guy was a jerk would be like putting a grape next to a grapefruit.

and there are so many factors that need to be taken into account in otherwise questionable situations, such as did the parties know eachother beforehand, and for how long? had they ever had a physical relationship? what interaction was there before the incident? where were they? lots of things.

i am not being sarcastic when i ask this, i sincerely want to know. how many guys here that are comfortable talking about it have felt sexually harassed, sexually assaulted, etc. by a woman? or even another man? what were the circumstances and how did you feel?
i would like a male perspective on similar experiences.

Posts: 3936 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, to be honest porce, I have never felt sexually harassed.

I have never been groped. If it was a gay man, I would most likely ask him to stop and then probably forcibly stop him.

If it was a woman, I would ask her to stop, but if she didn't I would have a hard time thinking how to stop her without physical force.

Basically, it's never happened to me.

I have been kicked in the groin however, by a disgustingly rude girl in my junior year of high school. It does NOT feel good. I did nothing to deserve such and attack, because we were in a verbal altercation.

Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
What I want to know is where all the holier than thou conservatives who impeached Clinton for less are now? The double standard of the right wing is sickening.
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

quote:
What I want to know is where all the holier than thou conservatives who impeached Clinton for less are now? The double standard of the right wing is sickening.
I'm a moderate conservative, and I find that generaliztion very offensive Rabbit.

Clinton had no spine. He was a weak-willed individual. The fact that he sexually misconducted himself in the White House was only used as an excuse for the conservatives that wanted him out.

It's kind of like you know somebody broke a law, yet you can't prove it. So you put them in jail for a different law violation.

Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
porcelain girl
Member # 1080

- posted      Profile for porcelain girl   Email porcelain girl         Edit/Delete Post 
where is the justice in that??
Posts: 3936 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

I never said it was just, I just didn't like the implication that all conservatives were "holier than thou". I just thought I would explain the position of those that are FAR more conservative than me.

I never wanted Clinton in office anyway.

Ethics Gradient
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Ethics Gradient   Email Ethics Gradient         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. The attitudes of a bunch of Hatrack males are pretty damn disgusting, I think. I'm with Icarus on this one. Sheesh, get a grip folks.
Posts: 2945 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
*applauds Tristan, as well*

One of the finer sarcastic retorts I've seen on this site, imho. [Smile]

Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Sheesh, get a grip folks.
[Eek!] Um, maybe not the best phrasing, considering?
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.