FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Probably a stupid question, but...

Author Topic: Probably a stupid question, but...
qkslvrwolf
Member # 5768

- posted      Profile for qkslvrwolf   Email qkslvrwolf         Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone here like to play turn based tactical WWII computer games?

Anyone?

At all?

Or think you might like to?

I'm looking for someone to PBEM on a game called Combat Mission.

I'm tired of beating up the computer.

And I have a ******* dialup modem these days, so I can't play realtime.

Posts: 54 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
I still play Steel Panthers every now and then. Unfortunately the computer beats me more than half the time. I probably wouldn't be much of an opponent.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
qkslvrwolf
Member # 5768

- posted      Profile for qkslvrwolf   Email qkslvrwolf         Edit/Delete Post 
I loved steel panthers.

But I can't play it anymore, unless you know how to reconcile a ghz athlon with the speed and xp with dos.

if you do, please, please tell me.

Also, you should check out combat mission here .

Its very similar, but with the added glory of real physics and a 3d playing field.

Posts: 54 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
I might be up for that. I like turn-based tactical games. What about a War Between the States game? I played Civil War Generals II all summer. . . and now I can't find it. I think a friend who moved "borrowed" it. [Mad] [Mad]

I'm from Atlanta and I see you're from AL, so we'd have to argue on who plays the damyankees.

I'll look into Combat Mission and get back to you here on the thread. If there are costs involved I can't right now as I'm broke.

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
I forgot how dated my computer is. That game requires a 500mhz chip and a 16mb video card. Maybe after I upgrade my PC, someday. That's why I was playing an old game like Civil War Generals II. And now I don't even have that:( [Frown]

Good luck finding a game partner.

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ikantspel
Member # 5752

- posted      Profile for ikantspel   Email ikantspel         Edit/Delete Post 
sigh, I only have a 133mhz pentium and a 2mb video card (bling-bling). I'm just gonna pretend that it is still cool.(hence the bling-bling)
Posts: 190 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.