FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Why Cookies Crumble

Author Topic: Why Cookies Crumble
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
Why cookies crumble.
Thank you, oh intelligent scientists. Instead of finding a cure for AIDS or cancer, we know now the answer to that age old question:
Why for my cookie go all crumbly?
Bah.

Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
"Do we have a pill that will give make you live to be 200? No! Do we have a pill that will cure AIDS? No! Do we have a pill that will give you mental clarity? No! But we have a pill that will make you harder than Chinese Algebra."

--Robin Williams (his joke, in my own words, trying hard to remember it)

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
Jerry Seinfeld on seedless watermelons:

"And what kind of scientists do this kind of work, anyway ? You know, other scientists working on AIDS, cancer, heart disease, these guys are going "no, I wanna focus more on... melon. I think that's the important area. Sure, thousands are dying needlessly, but this... (makes sound) -poom- ...that's gotta stop !"

Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ikantspel
Member # 5752

- posted      Profile for ikantspel   Email ikantspel         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Doctoral student Qasim Saleem said the findings -- published Thursday by the scientific journal Measurement, Science and Technology -- could revolutionize the cookie industry.

"This will help biscuit manufacturers adjust the humidity or temperature of their factory production lines to change the cooling process in such a way that the biscuits won't break up due to normal handling, and hence producing the perfect biscuit," he said.

THE PERFECT BISCUIT! [Eek!] Wow! I almost crapped my pants I was so amazed, no more crumbs for me.
Posts: 190 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
Dammit, you're right! Figuring out the cure to cancer and AIDS was so simple. I know I've got those cures around here somewhere...
Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.