FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Child Molester hits home

Author Topic: Child Molester hits home
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
or work actually.

One of the women in our office is out this afternoon. Her daughter is meeting with the school principal and the police to give evidence.

One of the men at her school (I am uncertain if its a teacher, aid, or worker) who wanted to be called "Grandpa" by all the kids, has reportedly been fondling all the little girls.

BY little, I mean Kindergarten to 2nd grade.

By Fondleing, I mean grabbing their "bums" (the family lived in England for several years. The husband in English).

Nothing futher was done, so far, that we know. Nothing further than this groping was done to my friends daughter.

She put up with it because, "He did it to all the girls. Never the boys, but all the girls." She assumed it was normal.

The truth came out when one of the little girls mentioned to her mother that, "Grandpa always has a cold thumb."

I don't know why I'm posting this here. Perhaps its a warning to anyone living in St. Charle's MO. Perhaps its just that I am struck numb by this and need somewhere to vent.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
*gets stick* [Mad]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 3262

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
That is just horrible.

[Mad]

*is glad mac's got her stick ready to go*

Posts: 2661 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ikantspel
Member # 5752

- posted      Profile for ikantspel   Email ikantspel         Edit/Delete Post 
*gets tar and feathers*
Posts: 190 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] I hate this world sometimes.
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

I do want to commend the way the school is handling the situation (compared to certain religious institutions we won't name).

They are actively seeking not just the removal of this creep, but their first and major concern is the children involved. Councilors are there for the children and the parents.

By the way, the children are not being coerced into talking about his behavior. The authorities did not assume guilt upon the first accusations, but when 20 little girls say the same thing, without malice towards the creep, guilt is pretty certain.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ikantspel
Member # 5752

- posted      Profile for ikantspel   Email ikantspel         Edit/Delete Post 
These people disgust me, can I PLEASE tar and feather them?
Posts: 190 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
I know you can't post it here, but I would be curious as to the name of this guy.

Only because we had a similar situation at my kids' school about 4-5 years ago. I ended up turning the guy in myself based on evidence I had. The school board quietly "removed" him, paid out the rest of his contract and let him go. He could be doing it somewhere else. He was a school counselor (of all things!)

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I do want to commend the way the school is handling the situation (compared to certain religious institutions we won't name).

They are actively seeking not just the removal of this creep, but their first and major concern is the children involved.

Amen, Dan. It has to be this way.

quote:
By the way, the children are not being coerced into talking about his behavior. The authorities did not assume guilt upon the first accusations, but when 20 little girls say the same thing, without malice towards the creep, guilt is pretty certain.
It's also important to refrain from asking leading questions, both for the sake of maintaining the integrity of the case and to prevent inaccurate allegations. I'm glad they've involved trained counselors and interviewers early, as it seems they have.

I'm so sorry, Dan. Even being tangentially involved taints your experience of the world. Remember that it's the exception, not the rule -- but an exception we have to watch and prepare for again and again and again. [Frown]

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] [Mad] [Frown] [Mad] [Frown]

quote:
I know you can't post it here, but I would be curious as to the name of this guy.
Why can't it be posted here?

[ October 03, 2003, 01:57 PM: Message edited by: Icarus ]

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
porcelain girl
Member # 1080

- posted      Profile for porcelain girl   Email porcelain girl         Edit/Delete Post 
ugh.

school employees need to be watched so closely.
my mom is an assistant photographer with lifetouch (they take all the school pictures) and she was sitting in a corner filling out cards when she heard a janitor call a little boy over and ask him to come help him during his recess.

my mom reported him to the boy's teacher right away and the teacher was shocked and had no idea this guy was making arrangements to meet with her students.
gross gross gross.

Posts: 3936 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

Why can't his name be used here? Simple. If there were someone I didn't like, I could put there name here. Suddenly they would be branded a sexual predator.

Even if they are guilty they could sue the Cards for letting such information about them, unproven in court at this time, be bandied about.

Then OSC will never sign any of my books.

mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Dan, he might even give you the finger! [Eek!]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

Okay, I agree on the protecting Hatrack and the Cards angle, but I was just making the point that we as private citizens are not (I don't think) prevented from repeating the fact that somebody is alleged to have committed a crime. Heck, the local online forum for my community has had posts from locals informing the rest of us of when a registered sexual predator has moved into the ZIP code. We've also had posts from people alleging that they were ripped off by this or that contractor.

Obviously the vast majority of us have no need to know this guy's name, so there's no reason to mention it here. But I just wanted to point out that I don't think it's libel to report that somebody is accused of a crime.

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Feyd Baron
Member # 1407

- posted      Profile for Feyd Baron   Email Feyd Baron         Edit/Delete Post 
Is public castration considered cruel and unusual punishment?
Posts: 1000 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
*growls with frustration*
What the HELL is wrong with people? Why do they continue to let these people get away with things like this?! Moving these ... scumbags, these foul creeps from one parish to the next or from one school to the next. Why can't these creeps be put in jail to prevent stuff like this from ever happening? Don't people even care about children enough?
I'm tired of this world. [Mad]

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Dan, he might even give you the finger!
I smell a photoshop!
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

- posted      Profile for msquared   Email msquared         Edit/Delete Post 
Icky,

There is a big difference between telling people that a registered sex offender has moved into the area and publicizing that some one is accused of things like this. Until charges are brought nothing should be said. If and when charges are brought, then some thing could be said, since that will be a matter of public record.

msquared

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

From what little I have gathered (and more will be forthcoming as info arrives) the school did do a background check on the individual. He was perfectly clear of any bad behavior, up to 3 months ago (He is new this semester).
Icarus
Member # 3162

Notice that in my follow up I acknowledged there was no good reason to publish the information here. But if someone had a good reason to know, it would not be improper to tell them. For instance, if a contractor embezzles money from me, by taking payment and not doing the work, or by doing shoddy work, it would not be inappropriate for me to tell people who lived in the area. Presumption of innocence is important, especially in cases like this. I'm not seriously suggesting that we publish somebody's name to harrass an accused pervert. I was just quibbling (with a statement nobody made) about what does and does not constitute libel.

Please ignore the drivel that pours forth from my computer! [Embarrassed]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.