FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Make Your Own Nation

Author Topic: Make Your Own Nation
Ryan Hart
Member # 5513

- posted      Profile for Ryan Hart           Edit/Delete Post 
Just curious if anyone here is familiar with nationstates.net . I just got introduced to it and find it throuroughly entertaining.
Posts: 650 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
HA!! We actually were so familiar with it at one time that there was an entire (huge)region called "Jatraquero." It might still be there. A bunch of us quit because we started getting the same issues over and over and over again. I don't know if they've changed the game at all, but in answer to your question...yes. Many of us are familiar with it.

Mine was the Free Republic of Nahor! Ah, those were the days!! [Smile]

[ October 06, 2003, 08:15 PM: Message edited by: Narnia ]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
I posted a link to one of the imaginary countries as a joke a while back, I forgot which thread. The website popped up after some random googling I did. It looks like fun, I plan to make up a country.

[ October 06, 2003, 08:06 PM: Message edited by: Morbo ]

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Is it something that would be appropriate for a classroom?
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
It might be Elizabeth. Every day your nation is faced with a social or economic decision to vote for or against. You can also join the "UN" and vote for the issues there too. It might give you some cool situations to set before your class so that they can discuss and vote themselves. It would probably be great fun too...

in fact...I think that's a great idea. [Smile]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Thanks, Narnia, I will check it out. We have made our class into a "town," and it is very fun, for the students and for us. The kids have bank accounts, buy property, start businesses, and are victims and beneficiaries of "fate."

It would be fun to play, and maybe develop the country our town is a part of.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maccabeus
Member # 3051

- posted      Profile for Maccabeus   Email Maccabeus         Edit/Delete Post 
I was there for a while, but I got bored. The real activity seems to be people making alliances among their nations.
Posts: 1041 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
Been playing since December last year. Look up Konania. I am a superpower. [Big Grin]

Most fear me.

I'm part of a few alliances, they're adding new issues and stuff. There's a tactic called region crashing now, where a bunch of UN members who are allies move to a region to take the delegate position.

You can now ban people from or password your regions.

Oh yeah: They added game moderators (can delete nations and stuff)

We have a few superpowers: Menelmacar, Melkor Unchained, Ma-tek (Tolkien based), Scolopendra and his allies on Titan, myself (i wish)... mwahaha. Then there's the Reich, nice guys in real life but play Nazi nations.

(Had you guys stayed... hehheh.)

Actually, quite a world order has arisen.

Oh, and they're making a sequel. Nationstates 2. Will have war built in and stuff.

[ September 05, 2004, 11:49 PM: Message edited by: James Tiberius Kirk ]

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
oh and Elizabeth: It's good for a classroom as long as people don't wander into the General forum. Just a fair warning.
Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Thanks, JTK. And to think I voted for Picard over you.
Sorry.

Ryan Hart
Member # 5513

- posted      Profile for Ryan Hart           Edit/Delete Post 
Cool. My nation is Solamnia take a look.
Posts: 650 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.