FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Backup Underwear

Author Topic: Backup Underwear
ikantspel
Member # 5752

- posted      Profile for ikantspel   Email ikantspel         Edit/Delete Post 
I was curious if I'm the only one who keeps pairs of boxers to use as a "backup", like when you forget to do laundry and realize you don't have any clean underwear. My worst backup boxers are in truly horrific condition, the elastic is completely uncovered almost the entire way around, there's a large hole in the side, there are numerous tears throughout, and there are strings dangling in several places.
So, anyone else a freak?
Are my boxers in the worst condition?
Is anyone going to respond?
Will I stop asking questions?

Posts: 190 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Is this a violation of privacy rights to inquire as to the status of someone's underwear? [Razz]
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emperor Palpatine
Member # 3544

- posted      Profile for Emperor Palpatine   Email Emperor Palpatine         Edit/Delete Post 
I've boxers that I never wear because they're too large, but they're hardly my backup boxers. However, to stop this from seeming so weird, at you're conscious about having a clean pair of underwear in case of emergencies instead of re-wearing them.
Posts: 1004 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
Boxers? Bah, I've been a proud boxer briefs wearer since 1998. And I will never go back!

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ikantspel
Member # 5752

I wear both boxers and boxer-briefs (although not at the same time) I think they both have there advantages (which, if discussed here, may get me kicked out)
Posts: 190 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I do. I've got a couple of pairs of briefs that are more uncomfortable than the rest of them. Normally, I like "ordinary" brands, like Hanes and FTL. Once, though, I discovered on vacation that I had neglected to pack underwear. The only thing I could find in the hotel store were Tommy Hilfiger underwear. Besided being garishly ugly (they remind me of "Underoos") they are really uncomfortable to me. Their cuffs are too thick, and so I feel like I sweat more when I wear them. So they lie at the bottom of my drawer drawer waiting for times when I'm truly desperate.

[Blushing]

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jexx
Member # 3450

- posted      Profile for jexx   Email jexx         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to gross all of you men out and state that yes, indeed, I have "backup" underwear. My maternity underwear. I have not often needed them, as I am fairly concientious about laundry (well, washing/drying it, not folding it or putting it away, haha).
Posts: 1545 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msakaseg
Member # 3826

- posted      Profile for msakaseg   Email msakaseg         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, I have multiple levels of backup underwear. For normal use, I have the pile of boxers. I try to do laundry often enough that I can just stick with that pile.

Next to it is the large pile of briefs. I have actually never made it all the way through the briefs, but in the unlikely event that there's some sort of regional quarter or detergent shortage, I have one spare pair of briefs in its own little pocket of the bag I put my toiletries in when travelling. There's also a pair of socks in there.

I've actually never had occasion to use the travel bag pair, but I'm pretty sure it's still there. Maybe I should check, I think I put them in there about 6 years ago.

Posts: 83 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

Back when you were a size 4 . . .

[Wink]

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msakaseg
Member # 3826

I bet I'm the only person that thought of this when I read the thread title.
Posts: 83 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jexxster
Member # 5293

- posted      Profile for Jexxster   Email Jexxster         Edit/Delete Post 
Backups? Who needs backups? If you don't have a clean pair just put the old pair back on! [Wink]
Posts: 240 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ikantspel
Member # 5752

I wonder how much I could get for auctioning my backups on ebay. [Big Grin]
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Nope. The INSTANT I saw this thread, I went to Sluggy for the link -- but you beat me to it. *scowls*

I'm a Defender of the Nifty. [Smile]

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HollowEarth
Member # 2586

- posted      Profile for HollowEarth   Email HollowEarth         Edit/Delete Post 
you know at this point i really need to go to the store and get some more underwear. I don't have any backups hell i ... yeah i think i'll just stop this here.
Posts: 1621 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Today I made the remark to a friend - "Do you own any underwear that are way sexier than you are?"
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

- posted      Profile for Erik Slaine           Edit/Delete Post 
Does your underwear beep when you backup?
Posts: 1843 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
I think of underwear as a modifier. If I see women's underwear by itself, I naturally picture it on sexy, attractive women. If I were to picture the same underwear on a hideous looking woman who is belching and scratching her hairy legs, it then would get associated with that woman and I would run screaming from that kind of underwear while everyone laughed and wondered if I had escaped from the local mental institution.

Same with guy's underwear. Overweight guys look a little bit ridiculous in a thong, but buff guys make it look better (I can only say better and not good, because I really, really don't get why a man would want to squeeze his package into such a small space). Naturally, the thong was made for women anyway, because what guy would ever care about his underwear lines? Do women find women's underwear sexy on men, the same way that guys (or maybe it's just me) think men's boxers can be sexy on women?

Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Bok.

The indecisive underwear.

And Paul defended them. "But they're COMFORTABLE."

Glad to see you didn't BACK HIM UP at the picnic, Bok.

*thwap*

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ikantspel
Member # 5752

I agree, women in boxers can be sexy, and thongs do not belong on men.
*shudders thinking about man in thong*

Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Well...I have a pair of backup chain mesh underwear...otherwise known as CMU. [Big Grin] Am I alone in this?
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes. Absolutely and entirely. Utterly alone.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

[Taunt]
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, Christy ALSO has some chainmail underwear. No further questions.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
I saw some chainmail underwear at the Ren. Festival this year. Seems like there'd be danger of pinching, hair pulling, and so forth unless you wore regular underware underneath it.

I just recently threw out all of my backup underwear. It was getting ridiculously tattered.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
This is probably way too much information, but my mother always used my fathers retired backup underwear briefs as dustrags. I grew up thinking this was normal but it seems to gross just about everyone else out.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

- posted      Profile for msquared   Email msquared         Edit/Delete Post 
Underwear? What is that? [Confused] [Razz] [Dont Know]

msquared

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

Actually, AJ, I've known a lot of people who do that. The material is soft and absorbent . . . it makes the ideal dust cloth!

For that matter, it would make a pretty good eyeglass-cleaning-rag!

Just be careful of which direction you have the streaks facing!

[Angst]

[ October 08, 2003, 11:21 AM: Message edited by: Icarus ]

msakaseg
Member # 3826

Oh man, you guys are killing me!

Tom, I knew you were a Sluggite. I would totally be a Defender of the Nifty if I could find some way of justifying spending the money. But I did at least donate $5.46 in the last drive, so I don't feel too terrible about it.

ikantspel
Member # 5752

I just realized that my backups are in worse condition than I thought. The button on the fly is gone and there is a small hole right about the center of my butt. Thought you guys would like to know that. [Big Grin]
(Note to self: remember NEVER to walk around in these)

MaureenJanay
Member # 2935

- posted      Profile for MaureenJanay   Email MaureenJanay         Edit/Delete Post 
My husband used to keep "back-ups". His stepdad is French so his mother always bought him tiny little bikini underwear just like dad's. They were still in the drawer long after we got married. I finally threw them away and bought him some more jockeys to make up for it. I kinda miss 'em tho...there were rare occasions when he actually had to wear them. Yummy...Native American guy in tiny undies. [Evil]

Oh well...now I have a Native American guy in "square undies." That's good too. [Wink]

Posts: 264 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
Narnia wrote:
quote:
Well...I have a pair of backup chain mesh underwear...otherwise known as CMU. Am I alone in this?
Nope. I pretty sure Cher was dancing around in some along with some admiring sailors during one of her videos. Get some sailors and maybe you can make your own video. [Wink]
Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

All RIGHT!! [Big Grin]

::looks around for sailors::

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.