FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Bowing out for a while again...

Author Topic: Bowing out for a while again...
T. Analog Kid
Member # 381

- posted      Profile for T. Analog Kid   Email T. Analog Kid         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey all... life just took a dramatic and nasty turn and I have some bigger and deeper obligations to attend to. Don't feel bad... Hatrack isn't the only thing I'm giving up for a bit...

I'll miss you guys, will check in from time to time, and I promise I won't be gone three years this time like I was last time.

You've been terrific, and the offer is still open: e-mail me if you come to dallas, the e-mail in my profile will work no matter what.

I love you guys...

All the Best,
Jim Scott
aka
T. Analog Kid

Posts: 2112 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry to hear that things have gotten nasty for you. Good luck straightening things out. ((TAK)) We will miss you.
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 3262

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, TAK. I'm so sorry. *lots of hugs*

Here's hoping that life turns right back around and you're able to come back to us soon, much happier than your life is letting you be now.

We'll miss you in the meantime.

Posts: 2661 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
I shall drop Chesterton and Lewis quotes into the religious threads for you until you return.

Good luck and hurry back.

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T. Analog Kid
Member # 381

- posted      Profile for T. Analog Kid   Email T. Analog Kid         Edit/Delete Post 
Just realized I may have put you all in a bit of a panic. Sorry about that...

They're just cracking down hard on internet usage here at work and I'm going to need to get a third job. I'm basically going to be eating, sleeping, and working for the forseeable future... as soon as it's over or they lighten up here at work, I'll be a regular contributor again...

Be well, all, and thanks for the concern, prayers, and well-wishes. They mean the world to me.

Jim

Posts: 2112 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
Best of luck, TAK.
Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
TAK (Jim),
Come back when you can, I know I'll be looking for your return. Take care of the big things and take care of yourself. It'll turn around for the good before long.

Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
(((TAK)))

I always enjoy your posts, so I look forward to your return.

[Smile]

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey buddy - best of luck and bon courage to you. We anticipate your return only slightly less than we anticipate some peace in your crazy life. [Smile]
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
We'll miss you. (((((TAK))))) Don't forget to schedule time to breathe -- sounds like you'll need the reminder!

Hope your load lightens up soon!

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

- posted      Profile for Erik Slaine           Edit/Delete Post 
That's a let down. Sorry. I always enjoyed your posts.

Resolve soon.

Posts: 1843 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fishtail
Member # 3900

- posted      Profile for Fishtail   Email Fishtail         Edit/Delete Post 
Even though I'm not really included, I'll miss ya too.
Posts: 471 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
[Angst] Who else will help my prosletyze the heathens into reading Cryptonomicon?

I'll miss you, Tak. Take care.

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tonguetied&twisted
Member # 5159

- posted      Profile for tonguetied&twisted   Email tonguetied&twisted         Edit/Delete Post 
Awwww. [Frown] You know I'll miss you.

You better keep emailing me from time to time. Or else. You don't want to me to have to come over there! [Wink] [Razz]

Take care. (((((Jim)))))

Posts: 1111 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
We'll be thinking of you. Hang in there! [Group Hug]
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pat
Member # 879

- posted      Profile for Pat   Email Pat         Edit/Delete Post 
me too
Posts: 1800 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]

here's one for the road: --I--

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.