FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » sory ppeollppe

Author Topic: sory ppeollppe
HollowEarth
Member # 2586

- posted      Profile for HollowEarth   Email HollowEarth         Edit/Delete Post 
sory peoele hat i tkaked to on hatack acht i ben dringking and i dcnant tyee so giod.

alte least the is not shcol sonmorwl.

Posts: 1621 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
S'okay, HE. But no more vodka for you!
Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Obrom
Member # 5793

- posted      Profile for Obrom           Edit/Delete Post 
Sarah is the Vodka Nazi. [ROFL]
Posts: 14 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
No vodka for you, one year!
Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
esl
Member # 3143

- posted      Profile for esl   Email esl         Edit/Delete Post 
what's "acht"? It sounds German.
Posts: 1056 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
It's probably a typo for "chat." [Wink]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
esl
Member # 3143

Do I feel stupid. My brain's not currently operating at standard levels.

Thank you Rivka.

Posts: 1056 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ppaa Mosoe
Member # 5689

- posted      Profile for Ppaa Mosoe   Email Ppaa Mosoe         Edit/Delete Post 
On a related note:
quote:
Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
Isn't that cool?

--Pop

Posts: 14 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
*rests head on desk*

Oh Pop, you ARE torturing me.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
esl
Member # 3143

That's cool.
rivka
Member # 4859

'Sok, esl. I have experience reading drunk-typo-ese. I have a friend who regularly (once or twice every couple months) AIMs or emails people when drunk. It's a learned skill. [Big Grin]

Pop, how could you???

*runs screaming from thread*

*sticks head back in* Oh, and what the heck does "rscheearch" unscramble to? There seems to be an extra "ch" in there.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Danzig
Member # 4704

- posted      Profile for Danzig   Email Danzig         Edit/Delete Post 
I was pretty wasted when I started the Classics thread...
Posts: 1364 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christy
Member # 4397

- posted      Profile for Christy   Email Christy         Edit/Delete Post 
I once sent a love letter to my uncle Tom instead of my then boyfriend Tom. I just typed Tom in the email address and didn't notice that my address book chose the wrong person. My uncle thought I was drunk!
Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

I can top that, Christy.

I accidentally sent an in-progress, rather bizarre fanfic to "Laura" -- my co-author, I thought. Except she was actually listed by her screen-name in my address book.

"Laura" was my lawyer. Ooops!

I'm just glad she was amused, and did NOT charge me to read it . . .

Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow Moose, that really is neat. I could read that paragraph just as fast as I could a normally written one.
Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 5710

- posted      Profile for 5710   Email 5710         Edit/Delete Post 
hehe
Posts: 22 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
esl
Member # 3143

A somewhat related note

quote:
The European Commission has just announced an agreement whereby English will be the official language of the European nation rather than German, which was the other possibility.

As part of the negotiations, Her Majesty's Government conceded that English spelling had some room for improvement and has accepted a
5-year phase-in plan that would become known as "Euro-English".

In the first year, "s" will replace the soft "c". Sertainly, this will make the sivil servants jump with joy. The hard "c" will be dropped in favour of the "k". This should klear up konfusion, and keyboards kan have one less letter.

There will be growing publik enthusiasm in the sekond year when the troublesome "ph" will be replaced with the "f". This will make words like fotograf 20% shorter.

In the 3rd year, publik akseptanse of the new spelling kan be expekted to reach the stage where more komplikated changes are possible.

Governments will enkourage the removal of double letters which have always ben a deterent to akurate speling. Also, al wil agre that the horibl mes of the silent "e" in the languag is disgrasful and it should go away.

By the 4th yer peopl wil be reseptiv to steps such as replasing "th" with "z" and "w" with "v".

During ze fifz yer, ze unesesary "o" kan be dropd from vords kontaining "ou" and after ziz fifz yer, ve vil hav a reil sensibl riten styl.

Zer vil be no mor trubl or difikultis and evrivun vil find it ezi tu understand ech oza. Ze drem of a united urop vil finali kum tru.

[Big Grin]
rivka
Member # 4859

LOL!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.