FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » It's about that time (or, graduation is inevitable)

Author Topic: It's about that time (or, graduation is inevitable)
Feyd Baron
Member # 1407

- posted      Profile for Feyd Baron   Email Feyd Baron         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes folks, it's about that time for Feyd. Graduation.

And it's time for all that graduation includes, such as funny gowns, awkward caps, and downright uncomfortable hoods. And graduation invitations.

While looking at the plethora of samples that I have been inundated with that past month, I found none of them really suited my needs. They weren't even close to personalized enough. There were no options for dual majors, and everything looks like another of those public university issued papers (which, I suppose it is). So, I've made my own.

And here it is, in all of its black and white glory. Click on the image to go to the second page.

In the end, the 20 or so copies I'm actually going to print are going to be on nice cotton or parchment paper, so I didn't want to overload them too much.

I suppose Tech might not like me using their graphics, but I gave credit and have already paid many tens of thousands of dollars to them. I think I'm allowed a little flexibility. Let me know what you think about it.

And, I suppose I'll allow this thread to be used for general graduation anxieties, hopes, dreams, and horror stories concerning college graduations (HS graduations are entirely different, and deserve their own thread.)

Is anyone else going to be joining me in beginning my experiences in the real world this December?

Feyd Baron, DoC

EDIT: Oh yeah, anyone who wants to come is certainly invited. I'm not anticipating that, but hey, it is an invitation.

[ October 14, 2003, 09:07 PM: Message edited by: Feyd Baron ]

Posts: 1000 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarahdipity
Member # 3254

- posted      Profile for sarahdipity   Email sarahdipity         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats Feyd!

I sadly will be staying in grad school. But I hope the real world treats you well.

Posts: 872 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, congrats!

I'm still stuck in studio, for now [Smile]

Good luck out there!

Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats, Feyd!

I like the invite. But "the Twentieth or December"? [Wink] And I thought degrees were "in" fields, not "of" them?

And "Two Thousand and Three" would be my choice, but that's just personal preference.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Feyd Baron
Member # 1407

- posted      Profile for Feyd Baron   Email Feyd Baron         Edit/Delete Post 
Rivka... Well, yes. Color me red on the "Twentieth or December" issue.

I need to reword the Degrees...

"Masters of Archtiecture Degree" Would be more appropriate. Since I don't mant to mention my specialties, I won't use in (i.e. Master of Architecture Degree in History Preservation)

And I'll think about the Two Thousand Three vs. Two Thousand and Three.

Thanks for the input.

Feyd Baron, DoC

Posts: 1000 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Anytime! [Smile]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
CONGRATS FEYD!!!

[The Wave]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
You should sneak out of the ceremony early and come over for drinks. [Big Grin]

Congratulations, Feyd. Your thesis was beautiful. I can't wait to see what you do out in the real world.

Part of me is jealous that you won't have anymore homework. But, I'll continue to hide here for another semester at least.

Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.